Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It's easier said than done to replace great players and we've seen Herbert struggle significantly without their key pieces around him. He has regressed pretty significantly over the last two seasons.

The whole team regressed. Their coach sucked. If I'm being honest, the reason that I knew McDaniels was going to be garbage for us(besides him, coming from the patriots coaching staff that's never successful) was the fact that the Chargers beat us, despite how bad their coach was. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Isn't it kind of weird that they're already interviewing guys without a GM currently in place?

Yeah, I noted the same thing in NFL Gen.

After all the talk about needing an offensive mind to pair with Herbert they’ve requested to interview Wilks, Graham and now Dan Quinn (all defensive guys) without having a GM in place - just seems a very weird way of doing things.

Edited by Nightmare
  • Like 1

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

The whole team regressed. Their coach sucked. If I'm being honest, the reason that I knew McDaniels was going to be garbage for us(besides him, coming from the patriots coaching staff that's never successful) was the fact that the Chargers beat us, despite how bad their coach was. 

Herbert showed how reliant he is on their weapons to produce though, he doesn't look nearly as good without Allen, Ekler, and Williams in peak form. And Quentin Johnston is absolutely terrible, they need to completely overhaul their skill position players around him. Which we've seen can be hard to do with a QB on a mega contract (ie the Chiefs).

Just now, NYRaider said:

Herbert showed how reliant he is on their weapons to produce though, he doesn't look nearly as good without Allen, Ekler, and Williams in peak form. And Quentin Johnston is absolutely terrible, they need to completely overhaul their skill position players around him. Which we've seen can be hard to do with a QB on a mega contract (ie the Chiefs).

Yeah, but again, I don't know how much of that is on the coach

3 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Yeah, I noted the same thing in NFL Gen.

After all the talk about needing an offensive mind to pair with Herbert they’ve requested to interview Wilks, Graham and now Dan Quinn (all defensive guys) without having a GM in place - just seems a very weird way of doing things.

Yeah after Staley failed the way that he did it's weird to see them hone in on only defensive type guys.

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Yeah, but again, I don't know how much of that is on the coach

He had two different coordinators and looked bad under both, they're going to have to replace Allen/Williams/Ekler sooner rather than later and could realistically move on from all three this off-season which would give them arguably the worst group of skill players in the league.

I do see the appeal of already having a franchise QB in place. I don't really view Harbaugh as the guy for the Chargers though considering how cheap their owner is and the fact that Harbaugh has seemed to prefer bigger "brands" at the places he coaches.

Edited by NYRaider

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He had two different coordinators and looked bad under both, they're going to have to replace Allen/Williams/Ekler sooner rather than later and could realistically move on from all three this off-season which would give them arguably the worst group of skill players in the league.

I do see the appeal of already having a franchise QB in place. I don't really view Harbaugh as the guy for the Chargers though considering how cheap their owner is and the fact that Harbaugh has seemed to prefer bigger "brands" at the places he coaches.

Don't get me wrong: I've always thought Herbert was overrated and that if he didn't start winning playoff games he's going to get put in the Cousins/Carr category as he gets older. But harbaugh has done better with worse. 

It also seems like whoever we hire at GM will make a specific candidate the odds on favorite, IMO.

What I'd assume:

Ed Dodds - Jim Harbaugh

Adam Peters - Bobby Slowik 

Trey Brown - One of the Bengals coordinators

Terrance Gray - Maybe Eric Bienemy (were together in Minny for some years)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Don't get me wrong: I've always thought Herbert was overrated and that if he didn't start winning playoff games he's going to get put in the Cousins/Carr category as he gets older. But harbaugh has done better with worse. 

Having a QB in place definitely makes any job much more appealing.

Even with cap savings by cutting some of those guys LA is still not going to be in a good cap spot. And they aren't cutting Bosa or Derwin James, and Mack just had a monster season so it's not like that's easily replaceable. Restructuring will help and all but for all the talent people have said that roster has, it's going to look pretty bare. Herbert without weapons isn't the $55M guy they paid for. Just look at Mahomes with his worst arsenal of weapons, he had his worst statistical season. Herbert isn't Mahomes as much as the media hyped him up to be the next big thing. Our non-QB players are better than the Chargers, and pretty damn close to the Chiefs.

Edited by justwinbaby81

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Having a QB in place definitely makes any job much more appealing.

Right. That's really all I'm saying. And it's not just already having the quarterback in place. It's the fact that they have the quarterback in place and still have the high draft pick still.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Even with cap savings by cutting some of those guys LA is still not going to be in a good cap spot. And they aren't cutting Bosa or Derwin James, and Mack just had a monster season so it's not like that's easily replaceable. Restructuring will help and all but for all the talent people have said that roster has, it's going to look pretty bare. Herbert without weapons isn't the $55M guy they paid for. Just look at Mahomes with his worst arsenal of weapons, he had his worst statistical season. Herbert isn't Mahomes as much as the media hyped him up to be the next big thing. Our non-QB players are better than the Chargers, and pretty damn close to the Chiefs.

That's true, but at the end of the day, you have to draft a quarterback with a pick that's out of the top 10. Or you go to a team that already has the quarterback in place and the ability to draft players with near top five draft picks. 

13 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

NFL had to do something because minority candidates weren’t getting opportunities 

Isn't that going to go against the candidates though, for example, if the Chargers have two candidates close together but one means the Raiders get multiple picks wouldn’t that influence their decision negatively? I know a couple third round picks aren’t that much but if the two candidates are neck and neck it may be a consideration?

• Like 1