Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

Sign me up for Vrabel. And he’s not a patriot way coach. Never coached under bill. 

Would automatically become my number 1 option. Would be a home run hire. 

Edited by agarcia34

6 minutes ago, NickButera said:

They were in Cap hell this year, like, the hell of hells. I don't know how they faired cap wise in years past as I didn't pay attention. But they're roster quality can't be denied. He's worth looking at.  When it comes to constructing a talented team and finding talented players in the draft I don't necessarily trust him. He hasn't had any mid to late round picks, ever? He's hit on almost all his first rounders, some seconds. But I'm not overly impressed with his overall drafts. 

Agreed. There's a reason the Chargers went 84-95 and only had 1 playoff win in 11 years with him at the helm despite having a franchise QB in place his entire tenure.

15 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

NFL had to do something because minority candidates weren’t getting opportunities 

I don't want this to turn into a discussion not based on coaching, but just seems like there has to be a better way then literally assigning different values based on skin color. That legit sounds made up if stated out of context based on how crazy it is. Like almost a comedic joke, who was the guy in the room that had the balls to stand up and say

" I think what will solve it will be to assign different draft pick values based on skin color"  😂

27 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Sign me up for Vrabel. And he’s not a patriot way coach. Never coached under bill. 

Would automatically become my number 1 option. Would be a home run hire. 

I wouldn't be mad at it I just don't like the fact that the defense never actually got better. My main thing is whatever side of the football is supposed to be your specialty needs to improve. I also personally think that him deciding to start playing Derrick Henry(which everyone forgets that he didn't initially do) prolonged is coaching tenure with the Titans. 

2 hours ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Vrabel fired. Wow

This is why I'm against hiring AP. The rah rah culture guys that players love are great, until they are not. These guys loose their OCs and things unravel quickly for them if they can't identify the next one. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Due diligence is great and all but I do not want Telesco....

Telesco is a good talent evaluator, did he hire the coaches or was that on Spanos?

One way to look at it is they could be interviewing for a different role in the organization. He'd be a good FO guy to have

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Telesco is a good talent evaluator, did he hire the coaches or was that on Spanos?

One way to look at it is they could be interviewing for a different role in the organization. He'd be a good FO guy to have

But how come his 3rd-7th round picks haven't amounted to anything other than quality backups? I mean, I'm somewhat generalizing but I looked through his drafts and not one name stood out as "oh he turned out great!"  other than his first round picks and maybe 1-2 2nd round picks. I could be wrong here, but he certainly didn't have any real quality hits 3rd round and beyond in 10 drafts. It's a HUGE red flag. 

Despite that, the Chargers have always had quality squads. It's like his free agent skills are beyond amazing when coupled with his first round consistency. 

Edit: scratch that, he hit on Keenan Allen in the 3rd. But that's the only one I found. 

5 minutes ago, NickButera said:

But how come his 3rd-7th round picks haven't amounted to anything other than quality backups? I mean, I'm somewhat generalizing but I looked through his drafts and not one name stood out as "oh he turned out great!"  other than his first round picks and maybe 1-2 2nd round picks. I could be wrong here, but he certainly didn't have any real quality hits 3rd round and beyond in 10 drafts. It's a HUGE red flag. 

Despite that, the Chargers have always had quality squads. It's like his free agent skills are beyond amazing when coupled with his first round consistency. 

Telesco is similar to an NBA GM in that he only drafts players that seem like obvious hits. You are right on the bolded. The lack of late round gems means that he is not that good of an evaluator.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Edit: scratch that, he hit on Keenan Allen in the 3rd. But that's the only one I found. 

Good call. Had to look myself. Not much value in those rounds. Just kind of assumed he'd crushed it as they always seem to have talented rosters. 

He had them top end heavy with talent, but terrible depth missing on role players in those later rounds.   

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This is why I'm against hiring AP. The rah rah culture guys that players love are great, until they are not. These guys loose their OCs and things unravel quickly for them if they can't identify the next one. 

100%.

Still Ben Johnson or Harbaugh for me, and my #1 has been Johnson all year for me. The National Title game doesn't change that. I'm just so impressed by his scheme. And it's a completely modern NFL scheme. And would be the #1 Offense in the NFL by a country mile with a Top 5 QB. 

44 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Don’t agree with Vrabel being just a rah rah guy. It was pretty clear this year and the end of last that team failed because of the front office. Robinson was awful and Carthon flubbed it up big in his first GM year for the team by trying to halfway do a rebuild. If anything for how poorly constructed that team was, Vrabel had them overachieving. That Titans roster is either bad or filing AARP paperwork. 

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Telesco led the Chargers to 2 playoff wins / 3 playoff appearances despite having Herbert/Rivers is terrible

In their defense, has any team dealt with more injuries than them? They are nicknamed the ChargIRs for a reasons.