Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Tank4Drake said:

Why not Ben Johnson? His scheme is literally the best scheme in the NFL outside of Sean McVay’s. With a Top 5 QB, he’d be scoring 40 a game on the regular. 

To be clear i wouldnt hate Ben Johnson or Frank Smith, but they are both gambles. APs got the guys bought in and Harbs resume speaks for itself. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Because he’s the hottest minority candidate, I’ll give you that. I don’t think he’s half the coach DeMeco Ryans is though. DeMeco Ryans actually is an x’s and o’s guy. I was a huge hugeeee fan of him last off-season and wish we canned McDaniels for him. 

AP’s best chance at having success is being a poor mans John Harbaugh and Mike Tomlin and having two top tier coordinators at all times. Having two top tier coordinators at one time is SUPER hard. That’s why it is best to have a HC who is an expert at x’s and o’s on one side of the field. 

Harbaugh and Tomlin have both struggled with this as well, especially Tomlin. Harbaugh has had massive success, but’s he a rare one 

Ryans and AP were both high level NFL players. AP led a defense to Super Bowl title while Ryans was on wild card teams most of his career.  I don’t know where this thing comes from that he doesn’t know XOs. You don’t get to that level in the NFL without it (green dot LB) 

The rest of the NFL is showing AP value that a lot of us have been saying and other have been denying 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Ryans and AP were both high level NFL players. AP led a defense to Super Bowl title while Ryans was on wild card teams most of his career.  I don’t know where this thing comes from that he doesn’t know XOs. You don’t get to that level in the NFL without it (green dot LB) 

The rest of the NFL is showing AP value that a lot of us have been saying and other have been denying 

Mike Singletary was one of the best linebackers of all time, and he was terrible with X’s and O’s in coaching and therefore was not a good HC coach once the rah rah stuff wore off.

Edited by Nightmare
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Why not Ben Johnson? His scheme is literally the best scheme in the NFL outside of Sean McVay’s. With a Top 5 QB, he’d be scoring 40 a game on the regular. 

Can Ben Johnson lead a locker room? Can he run an offense and be a HC at the same time? Can he motivate players? There’s more to be a coach than a scheme. 

• Like 2

Just now, Nightmare said:

Mike Singletary was one of the best linebackers of all time, and he was terrible with X’s and O’s and therefore not a good HC coach once the rah rah stuff wore off.

What does Singletary struggles have to do with AP? Vrabel was an NFL LB too.  

10 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Demeco Ryans was an All-Star coordinator that had a track record of success as a coach before he got a full time gig though.

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

What does Singletary struggles have to do with AP? Vrabel was an NFL LB too.  

Singletary’s struggles have the same amount to do as DeMeco Ryans’ success - the other guy you brought up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

No they wouldn't I don't think the rest of the league really values wins over Stick, Stidham, DeVito, and Wilson.

Obviously, the Titans do 😂

You and a few others swore AP would garner no attention in the HC market. Yet we are here…

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

You don’t know what you’re talking about. The scheme in SF is Ryan’s scheme, and he’s a complete x’s and o’s genius. AP has nothing to do with x’s and o’s on the defensive side of the ball. Nor will he. Just because someone played doesn’t mean they are an x’s and o’s guy. Pierce is a rah rah leadership guy who needs two Grade A coordinators at all times. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Can Ben Johnson lead a locker room? Can he run an offense and be a HC at the same time? Can he motivate players? There’s more to be a coach than a scheme. 

We will find out. I’d rather tale a gamble on an x’s and o’s guy than a purely motivational guy like Pierce. We know Johnson can have a great offense, whether he’s a great leader is to be determined. As for Pierce, we know he’s a great leader, but we also know he’s NOT an x’s and o’s guy. 

Ben Johnson is the way better gamble. If he turns out to be a true leader, you have a Top 5-10 HC in the league. 

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

Singletary’s struggles have the same amount to do as DeMeco Ryans’ success - the other guy you brought up.

I didn’t bring up Ryans, I responded. My point was that I don’t understand where the notion that AP doesn’t know XOs especially on defense. Singletary struggles are his own, just like the countless Offensive coordinators turn HC struggle with the duties of a coach 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Obviously, the Titans do 😂

You and a few others swore AP would garner no attention in the HC market. Yet we are here…

I'm not even going to say I 100% wanted AP to get the job (he was behind Harbaugh for me and still is). I wouldn't hate it if we kept him, and I won't cry if he goes somewhere else. 

But the rhetoric about him getting no imterest from elsewhere was always nonsense and a coping mechanism for the Way crowd to deal with McMoron being shown up by a "failed high school coach". 

• Like 2