Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

9 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Obviously, the Titans do 😂

You and a few others swore AP would garner no attention in the HC market. Yet we are here…

Rooney Rule ensures that you're going to get interviews bud, Rich got one interview as well, IIRC.

Regardless, the rest of the NFL isn't going to be laughing if we ultimately decide to ditch AP.

37 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Because he’s the hottest minority candidate, I’ll give you that. I don’t think he’s half the coach DeMeco Ryans is though. DeMeco Ryans actually is an x’s and o’s guy. I was a huge hugeeee fan of him last off-season and wish we canned McDaniels for him. 

AP’s best chance at having success is being a poor mans John Harbaugh and Mike Tomlin and having two top tier coordinators at all times. Having two top tier coordinators at one time is SUPER hard. That’s why it is best to have a HC who is an expert at x’s and o’s on one side of the field. 

Harbaugh and Tomlin have both struggled with this as well, especially Tomlin. Harbaugh has had massive success, but’s he a rare one 

Even though he’s not my first choice, I think a lot of guys are selling Pierce short on his tactical acumen, he was the brains of the Giants D on the field and something of a field Marshall. He knows his Xs and Os on D at least I think. He will need an experienced, creative OC though as most have said.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

Even though he’s not my first choice, I think a lot of guys are selling Pierce short on his tactical acumen, he was the brains of the Giants D on the field and something of a field Marshall. He knows his Xs and Os on D at least I think. He will need an experienced, creative OC though as most have said.

ASU's defense was terrible when he was there tho

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Ryans and AP were both high level NFL players. AP led a defense to Super Bowl title while Ryans was on wild card teams most of his career.  I don’t know where this thing comes from that he doesn’t know XOs. You don’t get to that level in the NFL without it (green dot LB) 

The rest of the NFL is showing AP value that a lot of us have been saying and other have been denying 

Sorry man, I just noticed I posted the same but you got there first!!! 😁

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

There is literally zero proof he knows x’s and o’s from a coaching standpoint. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Rooney Rule ensures that you're going to get interviews bud, Rich got one interview as well, IIRC.

Regardless, the rest of the NFL isn't going to be laughing if we ultimately decide to ditch AP.

Hiding behind the Rooney rule 😂

like I said , they could of requested several of candidates. Don’t be surprised when AP gets another request 

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

What was their personnel like ?…….I have no idea, but there’s multiple facets to all of this. I just know what he’s done with the Raiders right now. He’s had a hand in creating a heck of a D from scraps that everyone was underwhelmed with and also broke 30 points 3 times on O when McDaniels with his two drafts, trades and free agency got 21 once with the help of a safety. 

He’s clearly changed stuff and it works. I’m not an expert on Xs and Os and would never claim to be and anyone here who claims they are are BS’ing. Truth is we simply don’t know his capabilities but he seems like he’s made sensible, positive changes.

All that being said, I’m still in a Harbaugh corner but I’d be happy for AP too. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Hiding behind the Rooney rule 😂

like I said , they could of requested several of candidates. Don’t be surprised when AP gets another request 

It's just hilarious to say that we're going to be laughed at for letting Harbaugh walk if we hire one of the best coordinators in the league to replace him.

7 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

There is literally zero proof he knows x’s and o’s from a coaching standpoint. 

There’s zero proof he doesn’t, but there is some evidence, so that is not a very good argument my friend. In fact, his changes to O and D have produced results so he seems better at Xs and Os than McDaniels as he did it with the same staff apart from a rookie OC that’s never called plays…….

• Like 3

Just now, Darbsk said:

There’s zero proof he doesn’t, but there is some evidence, so that is not a very good argument my friend. In fact, his changes to O and D have produced results so he seems better at Xs and Os than McDaniels as he did it with the same staff apart from a rookie OC that’s never called plays…….

He didn’t do anything x’s and o’s after McDaniels left. All Graham buddy. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

LMAO 

What? Lay the pipe down, bro. 

In 2021 when Pierce was given full DC duties, ASU ranked 22nd overall in defense. 

In 2020, they were 32nd. 

Before that, he wasn't calling any shots on D whatsoever and they ranked 35th and 50th in 2019 and 2018 respectively. 

The longer AP was there, the better they got. Amd considering Herm Edwards was running guys off left and right, it's amazing that they went from 50th to 35th to 32nd to 22nd at all. 

AP left and they tumbled to 107th. Dude is the antithesis of everyone's favorite Patrick Graham. His units actually show year to year improvement and fall apart once he's gone instead of getting better. 

Tell me you didn't do any research whatsoever without telling me you didn't do any research whatsoever.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

LMAO 

What? Lay the pipe down, bro. 

In 2021 when Pierce was given full DC duties, ASU ranked 22nd overall in defense. 

In 2020, they were 32nd. 

Before that, he wasn't calling any shots on D whatsoever and they ranked 35th and 50th in 2019 and 2018 respectively. 

The longer AP was there, the better they got. Amd considering Herm Edwards was running guys off left and right, it's amazing that they went from 50th to 35th to 32nd to 22nd at all. 

AP left and they tumbled to 107th. Dude is the antithesis of everyone's favorite Patrick Graham. His units actually show year to year improvement and fall apart once he's gone instead of getting better. 

Tell me you didn't do any research whatsoever without telling me you didn't do any research whatsoever

He's booty bro bro

9 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

What was their personnel like ?…….I have no idea, but there’s multiple facets to all of this. I just know what he’s done with the Raiders right now. He’s had a hand in creating a heck of a D from scraps that everyone was underwhelmed with and also broke 30 points 3 times on O when McDaniels with his two drafts, trades and free agency got 21 once with the help of a safety. 

He’s clearly changed stuff and it works. I’m not an expert on Xs and Os and would never claim to be and anyone here who claims they are are BS’ing. Truth is we simply don’t know his capabilities but he seems like he’s made sensible, positive changes.

All that being said, I’m still in a Harbaugh corner but I’d be happy for AP too. 

He was their recruiting coordinator too