Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

13 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Damn, wonder who takes over at Bama. 

Honestly might be difficult. 

Alabama had the upper hand of Satan's tight ship and paying guys under the table, which helped build the brand back up. Tuscaloosa isn't quite as appealing now that NIL deals and other frills aren't the black market anymore.  

It's tempting to say any number of his past assistants, but....

Bill O probably wants an NFL gig. Sarkisian is in Austin which dominates Tuscaloosa in practically every way. Smart is in Georgia and Athens is nicer. Jimbo would be a massive downgrade and it's all downhill from there. 

My two best guesses would be Kiffin or Locksley but I don't think Kiffin would go and Locksley wouldn't move the needle. Alabama's probably going to need to leave the Saban tree if they want a potential slam dunk, but I don't know that any of those types would leave their current situations and risk being the guy who follows Saban bit can't fill his shoes for a plethora of reasons beyond their ability as a coach. 

9 minutes ago, Geezy said:

read that 2nd part of the post. Does Ryan know offense? Or did he make a homerun hire to develop Stroud? 

He clearly understands offense better than AP, having been a successful DC already and seeing looks from the best in the business for years. 

Also he was able to pluck a young goat offensive coordinator from the 49ers staff because they were close. What offensive gurus has AP been around? Bo Hardagree?

All this talk about how Pierce helped turn around this D so drastically, but what exactly did he change? We seemingly learned how to rush the passer, cause turnovers, stop the run, etc. 

Isn't this a major cause of concern for PG too? Why was he so horrendous the first half of the season? How come he could only field a capably NFL D once JMD was gone?

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

All this talk about how Pierce helped turn around this D so drastically, but what exactly did he change? We seemingly learned how to rush the passer, cause turnovers, stop the run, etc. 

Isn't this a major cause of concern for PG too? Why was he so horrendous the first half of the season? How come he could only field a capably NFL D once JMD was gone?

JMD refused to play Koonce. 
Koonce on outside thrived once we started to play him. 
Wilson did much better inside, as did our other DTs, too.

Jack jones was an incredible pick up for us. 

don’t know if counts as x and o, but to me a staple of being a coach is playing your best players. 

JMD refused to do that. 

two/ three massive upgrades in personal helped the D tremendously 

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

He didn’t do anything x’s and o’s after McDaniels left. All Graham buddy. 

What, on offence? Also, you don’t know any more than me so stop being so presumptuous. Neither of us knows what hand he had in the offence or defence. It’s just opinion being passed off as fact.

What we do know is that both O and D improved noticeably after he took over. The team was better in statistically every single category except first downs. The defence obviously made some changes and they could have been all Graham, but if they were, why didn’t he change when McDaniels was in charge?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

He was their recruiting coordinator too

Maybe he’s a poor college recruiter or he had a limited pool to choose from. I simply don’t know and I don’t think anyone here has intimate knowledge either. Maybe he had a poor record there and did a poor job, that could certainly be true. For me, the evidence he’s just produced with the Raiders in the NFL trumps an on the face of it, poor job with students. 

• Like 1

The massive defensive improvement came as a result of playing against terrible offenses with backup QB's basically every week after AP took over, lol.

You forgot about the best QB in the NFL twice though? Pierce went against Mahones twice and Tua and the much vaunted Miami Offence. McDaniels went against Josh Allen once and Herbert once. I don’t think there’s much difference really to say that I’ve had it easier than the other is there honestly? 

McDaniels had the Broncos, Steelers, Pats and Bears offences who were all bad. 

It’s certainly a consideration of course, it would be foolish not to acknowledge the quality of opposition but it would also be foolish to try and explain away everything too with a wave of the hand as it seems to me Pierce and McDaniels faced similar level of offence. 

8 hours ago, Steins Gate said:

Then you end up with a top heavy team like the Chargers. When injuries happen (ChargIRs), you start losing games.

Obviously, you can't hit on every pick. But, the Raiders need a balanced GM who can hit on draft picks from any round.

Well they haven’t had a guy who can do either consistently in the last decade. I mean since Amari Cooper has any first pick been a layup? I feel like everyone has gotten cute in the first. 

Sure. Is he realistically the best candidate we can hire? No.

That’s an entirely different argument though. You get proven wrong in one debate then instantly pivot to another argument, that’s known as a straw man. 

No one here, I don’t think has said he’s a perfect candidate and I think most have Harbaugh or Johnson or someone else ahead of him. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

That’s an entirely different argument though. You get proven wrong in one debate then instantly pivot to another argument, that’s known as a straw man. 

No one here, I don’t think has said he’s a perfect candidate and I think most have Harbaugh or Johnson or someone else ahead of him. 

Why not hire the best candidate available?