Joe Barry HAS Been Fired, Who Do You Want Next?

Brit Pack

23 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

This has nothing to do with Barry. It has to do with the argument that resource allocation = success
The argument put forward by others is that we've got high resource allocation(8 1st rounders) to our defence, therefore, that should = success

My argument:
1st rounders ≠ success
Big cap dollars on FA or your own players ≠ success

Example given: 
Rodgers no 1st rounder WRs = success though with loads of 2nd and 3rd rounders etc
FA 2022, biggest deals done = I would say at least half of those deals look terrible now

It's pretty logical and straightforward. Don't use the bat of resource allocation to beat Barry with, it's a false argument. Use other bats, there are plenty but just because we have eight 1st rounders is no reason to assume our defence will be or should be good. You all know the NFL, where a pick does great is not dependent on where they are drafted. 

You're proving why we needed to get rid of Barry. You are showing the difference between a talented coordinator and a mediocre coordinator. Matt Lafleur is one of the best offensive minds in football and MM used to be. Both of them got the most out of their units. Joe Barry on the other hand is a mediocre coordinator whose units constantly underperform their talent level.

Edited by Mdpackfan22

i'm not trying to dance on the dudes grave but if anyone is still hung up about this, here are some stats that illustrate the body of work 

In the Joe Barry era, the Packers defense was
24th in EPA/play
30th in Success Rate
17th in EPA/Dropback
31st in EPA/Rush

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Go get Wink!!!

Given the parallels between the start of the Rodgers era and the Love era, Wink might be the closest to a Capers hiring as any candidate available.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Given the parallels between the start of the Rodgers era and the Love era, Wink might be the closest to a Capers hiring as any candidate available.

Wink and the Twink, let’s go 

Just no to Wink. He defenses haven't been that great and he sounds like a basket case. I get that his HC was probably worse, but just no to that drama. 

Give me someone young, innovative, and hungry. No more retreads. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, BluePacker said:

Just no to Wink. He defenses haven't been that great and he sounds like a basket case. I get that his HC was probably worse, but just no to that drama. 

What do people know about Staley's DC days?

I dont see his name being bandied about in HC interviews....and he has some history with MLF.
Is he a good DC though? I've no clue.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

What do people know about Staley's DC days?

I dont see his name being bandied about in HC interviews....and he has some history with MLF.
Is he a good DC though? I've no clue.

Apparently he is kind of an aloof guy. His HC tenure ended ugly. As a DC, he was pretty much always afforded multiple all-pro players. 

What happens in Baltimore and the coaching cycle will be interesting.

Does Mike Macdonald get a HC gig? Does Weaver get a HC gig?

If MacDonald does and Weaver doesn't, does Weaver stay to become DC in Baltimore?

If MacDonald and Weaver don't get gigs I'm all in on Weaver then!

• Like 1

So after all the fretting and gnashing of teeth, it looks like the season played out about as well as anyone could have hoped back in August. 

• Love definitively showed he is the guy at QB.
  • After a rough start, the young offense came together very nicely.
  • The Barry era is over on the defensive side.

Win. Win. Win.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BluePacker said:

I actually want more of a re-tread. I don’t want Matt focusing on the defense all too much. 

If Matt thinks he’d be a good fit culture wise, Mike Zimmer is my guy. Zimmer has a great defensive resume. 

https://purpleptsd.com/2021/vikings/news/mike-zimmer-cumulative-rankings-by-the-numbers/

• Like 3