Joe Barry HAS Been Fired, Who Do You Want Next?

Brit Pack

Just now, Old Guy said:

Not a fan of celebrating when a guy loses his job. I've been one of the biggest Barry detractors, but don't take joy in him losing his job. It was time though, and I wish him well. 

Hoping it's not Brandon Staley. That guy just rubs me the wrong way. 

That clip of Herman is pretty interesting in that he gives his take on a number of potential candidates.

10 minutes ago, MacReady said:

And now that the company has made the decision, Incog will say he always thought Barry had to go.

Stop it! You are the king of revising statements to cover for being wrong. "Can't win a Super Bowl if a quarterback counts more than 12% of the cap!" 

Like @Packerraymond said, @incognito_man never said he had to stay. He was pointing out why he maybe should stay. Big difference. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Not a fan of celebrating when a guy loses his job. I've been one of the biggest Barry detractors, but don't take joy in him losing his job. It was time though, and I wish him well.

It was time....that's the take. Nobody's celebrating the guy being on the street "per se"....but over an extended career as DC, he'd shown who he is and who he'd be going forward. It was time to move on from mediocrity to something potentially much better. I'm glad the GB FO recognized and took advantage of this opportunity.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Aggressive.

Young.

Hungry.

Or Bill Belichick.

Thankfully, there is zero chance of this. Belichick would want all guy who play his style. We'd probably be retooling the defense in a massive way. He wants guys who play a certain way, too many of our guys wouldn't fit. 

• Like 1

Just now, Old Guy said:

Stop it! You are the king of revising statements to cover for being wrong. "Can't win a Super Bowl if a quarterback counts more than 12% of the cap!" 

Like @Packerraymond said, @incognito_man never said he had to stay. He was pointing out why he maybe should stay. Big difference. 

You are literally the last person I would listen to here. So no I don’t think I will stop.

Additionally, I’ve never once said emphatically you can’t win with a QB paid over 12%. I said that’s the point you don’t want to go over for the best odds. The salary cap started in 1992. 1/30 quarterbacks have done it. So I’ve been right 29/30 years.

19 minutes ago, MacReady said:

THANK YOU GOD THANK YOU JESUS THANK YOU GUTE THANK YOU LAFLEUR THANK YOU THANK TOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

HAPPY DAY HAPPY DAY HAPPY DAY

SUPER BOWL 2024!!!

Exhibit A

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

It was time....that's the take. Nobody's celebrating the guy being on the street "per se"....but over an extended career as DC, he'd shown who he is and who he'd be going forward. It was time to move on from mediocrity to something potentially much better. I'm glad the GB FO recognized and took advantage of this opportunity.

Other than that I agree with your statement. 

5 minutes ago, MacReady said:

You are literally the last person I would listen to here. So no I don’t think I will stop.

Additionally, I’ve never once said emphatically you can’t win with a QB paid over 12%. I said that’s the point you don’t want to go over for the best odds. The salary cap started in 1992. 1/30 quarterbacks have done it. So I’ve been right 29/30 years.

This is patently false! 

Justifying being, "right," so often to ignore being wrong. You just did exactly what I said you do! LOL 

I don't give a **** if you listen to me or not. You used to be a good poster, now you come here to tell us how smart you are. If you have to keep pointing it out, perhaps it's not true. 

Edited by Old Guy

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Exhibit A

Other than that I agree with your statement. 

Yep, you bet I’m celebrating it. This isn’t the case of a hungry father fighting to feed his family. This is the case of someone who fell upwards and got a job due to nepotism and friendship that affected 24 players more talented than he deserved who got less than they could through his leadership.

When people fail at their job, they need to be fired. That’s a fact of life. Joe Barry will be fine. He’s not going to go hungry. I’m celebrating his firing and hope he finds a great job in college football where he belongs.

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

This is patently false! 

Justifying being, "right," so often to ignore being wrong. You just did exactly what I said you do! LOL 

I don't give a **** if you listen to me or not. You used to be a good poster, now you come here to tell us how smart you are. If you have to keep pointing it out, perhaps it's not true. 

Prove it. If it’s patently false, show me where I said, “It is physically impossible to win a Super Bowl with a QB making more than 12% of the cap.”

I’ve used heightened excess. Hyperbole. But when Tom Brady has done it several times at 12%, Steve Young did it at 14% (and the Niners got penalized for doing so), I know it’s possible. It’s also that exact line where it turns to improbable.

You used to be nothing to me and now you’re annoying and you cry a lot.

Man I hope we look at the Ravens staff hard.

i think like I think Breer said Chris Harris and Evero are going to be early favorites since MLF has some familiarity with them. Then again he offered it to Leonard and I don’t think he had much history with him?

• Like 1