Joe Barry HAS Been Fired, Who Do You Want Next?

Brit Pack

25 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Trying to consolidate a list here of candidates.

Bill Bellicheat

Mike Vrabel

Jimmy Leonhard

Wink Martindale

Someone copy pasta and add names.

Whom can we steal off the 49ers to simultaneously hurt them?

I'm not digging guys like Martindale who had serious issues with his head coach last year. Others have pointed to Vrabel's problems when he was a DC, like his defenses always sucked. Hoodys is too much of an alpha male at this point in his career. He would cast way too big a shadow over MLF. 

Until Jesse Minter is ruled out, I'm on that boat. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

I'm not digging guys like Martindale who had serious issues with his head coach last year. Others have pointed to Vrabel's problems when he was a DC, like his defenses always sucked. Hoodys is too much of an alpha male at this point in his career. He would cast way too big a shadow over MLF. 

Until Jesse Minter is ruled out, I'm on that boat. 

Daboll is an asshat tho 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Most intriguing names to me at this point:

• Chris Hewitt (Baltimore passing game coordinator/DBs)
  • Jim Leonhard
  • DeMarcus Covington (NE defensive line)
  • Jesse Minter

https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news/demarcus-covington-reportedly-a-strong-favorite-to-become-patriots-defensive-coordinator/

I think Minter pretty obviously stays at Michigan or follows Harbaugh. Would be nice as a candidate though.

We're about to draft a ton of DBs this year and part with Campbell and Preston this year or next. This is going to be a super young defense here soon, I don't think an old re-tread is a good fit. I'm all in on the Eviro, Leonhard, Hewitt, Weaver, Foote, Parker interview list. Let's get someone under 45 in here to run the D.

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

We're about to draft a ton of DBs this year and part with Campbell and Preston this year or next. This is going to be a super young defense here soon, I don't think an old re-tread is a good fit. I'm all in on the Eviro, Leonhard, Hewitt, Weaver, Foote, Parker interview list. Let's get someone under 45 in here to run the D.

This ^

Dream scenario  is Gb getting one of the top guys like Wink, Baltimore guys, take your pick, and then getting Harris or Leonard to coach the secondary so you have another guy who can step it at DC when someone hires the DC as a HC in 2025 after the Packers superbowl W. ;) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't disagree, but Wink comes up in like every list of top 10 DC's in the league.  Proven commodity seems like a strong bet after flopping with the Barry pick.  I'm a little leery of the fit, but I do think he should be on the interview list.

Really hoping Murphy is willing to shell out to fix this. I recall that ponying up the $$$ was an issue before GB hired Drayton and it wasn’t until that blew up in our faces that we brought out the brinks truck for Bisaccia. A first time DC shouldn’t command top dollar, I just don’t want to miss out on someone because we cheaped out 

8 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

Really hoping Murphy is willing to shell out to fix this. I recall that ponying up the $$$ was an issue before GB hired Drayton and it wasn’t until that blew up in our faces that we brought out the brinks truck for Bisaccia. A first time DC shouldn’t command top dollar, I just don’t want to miss out on someone because we cheaped out 

I think there is recognition that we are now in a legitimate championship window. QB is about to be paid but our entire offense outside of Jones and Jenkins is young and cheap. If we can get someone to energize the defense and with another investment in the secondary we could be a dangerous team before we have to retool in a couple of seasons. I’m hopeful Murphy sees this as his swan song and supports an all in mentality. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

If its one of the Baltimore guys MLF zero's in on, will we have to wait until after the superbowl if they advance?

Teams can interview coaches who's teams are still active in the Playoffs now.

4 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

If its one of the Baltimore guys MLF zero's in on, will we have to wait until after the superbowl if they advance?

It’s not uncommon guys get interviewed in that dead week in between conference championships and SB. 

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Teams can interview coaches who's teams are still active in the Playoffs now.

5 minutes ago, Refugee said:

It’s not uncommon guys get interviewed in that dead week in between conference championships and SB. 

Yes. But I'm inquiring about having them hired, not just interviewed.