Joe Barry HAS Been Fired, Who Do You Want Next?

Brit Pack

One thing I do like about Leonhard is that if he's successful in GB, he probably isn't going anywhere.  He could go back to college football as a HC, just not sure there would be NFL teams interested as a HC? He could be a long term fit?

Edited by NFLGURU

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Yes. But I'm inquiring about having them hired, not just interviewed. 

Oh...well then clearly they cant be hired until their season is done. Thats a no brainer.

32 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I don't disagree, but Wink comes up in like every list of top 10 DC's in the league.  Proven commodity seems like a strong bet after flopping with the Barry pick.  I'm a little leery of the fit, but I do think he should be on the interview list.

Wink is like wiping your *** with sandpaper, pass.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

-Saw this one thrown out there from San Fran. Was new to me:

https://www.49ers.com/team/coaches-roster/daniel-bullocks

-Marquan Manuel is another

-Is ex-packer coach Patrick Graham entrenched in LV if he dosen't get the Seattle job?

I like Marquand Manuel a lot. Love the idea of a former NFL player as a coordinator. They can relate with players a lot better. Don’t like them as head coaches because they think too much like players and it almost invariably fizzles out (Vrabel, Pederson, etc), but I love them as coordinators.

58 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

-Saw this one thrown out there from San Fran. Was new to me:

https://www.49ers.com/team/coaches-roster/daniel-bullocks

-Marquan Manuel is another

-Is ex-packer coach Patrick Graham entrenched in LV if he dosen't get the Seattle job?

Ok but will our resident vibes coordinator and wanker assessor @Brit Pack really get behind a DC named Bullocks?

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, MacReady said:

I like Marquand Manuel a lot. Love the idea of a former NFL player as a coordinator. They can relate with players a lot better. Don’t like them as head coaches because they think too much like players and it almost invariably fizzles out (Vrabel, Pederson, etc), but I love them as coordinators.

I'm biased against Manuel because he was signed to GB as a safety, a supposed QB of the defense.  And he was awful.  Dreadful.

I can't get over that.  And that's on me, not him as a coach.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Isherwood said:

Really hoping Murphy is willing to shell out to fix this. I recall that ponying up the $$$ was an issue before GB hired Drayton and it wasn’t until that blew up in our faces that we brought out the brinks truck for Bisaccia. A first time DC shouldn’t command top dollar, I just don’t want to miss out on someone because we cheaped out 

Why we don’t break the mold and pay our coaches ridiculous money is beyond me. There is no salary cap or coaches and they often have as large an impact on a game as any one player, if not more.

We have no one asking for a return on an investment. Murphy should actually have an open checkbook for coaching salaries. Closest thing you can do is this league to cheating is to just be overqualified with coaches

• Like 1