2023 GDT Week #9 4-3 Steelers vs. 3-4 Titans

Steeler Hitman

2023 Week #9 Who Ya Got This Week?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Will The Steelers Offense start fast this week?

• Yes. This is finally the week the Steelers offense shows up in the first half?
    • No. They are who they are?
    • It won't matter. They will blow it late or win it late.

I don't see anything wrong with playing Jones at RT. This lineup needs familiarity cause of all the mistakes they make , changing two pieces only complicates things more and for both sides. Jones needs to be on the field wherever it is. He's a big boy, he should be able to handle it. 

Chuks effort at time this year in the run game especially has been questionable. There is very little to any extra effort. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JustPlainNasty said:

I don't see anything wrong with playing Jones at RT. This lineup needs familiarity cause of all the mistakes they make , changing two pieces only complicates things more and for both sides. Jones needs to be on the field wherever it is. He's a big boy, he should be able to handle it. 

Chuks effort at time this year in the run game especially has been questionable. There is very little to any extra effort. 

I know I’m sounding like a broken record but so many players on this team with no positional flexibility. Moore is one of them. Chucks has other issues. Seumalo is a LG only. Cole is a C only. Before trading them Green was a guard only, Dotson is a RG only. I truly think Anderson and Jones, the two rookies, are our only OL players with positional flexibility. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, JustPlainNasty said:

I don't see anything wrong with playing Jones at RT

They have valued his development over his talent all year and now on a short week with very limited practice are gonna say screw the development, go play the other side. 

That’s the issue I take. What has been the point of development then? We think he is more talented than the backup RT? If he were to play based on talent he should have started week 1 or stayed in the lineup after filling in when he played well in his one start. If we can’t trust the guy literally taking second team snaps at RT all year what is his purpose on the 53?

This is process Vs results. Because who knows, the results could be solid. But if that’s the case it just continues to point to an inept coaching staff who should have been playing the talent all along in an offense - and an offensive line - that has been lacking it. 

I said in the off-season that if Moore was the starter they would be between a rock and a hard place because of backup RT - you are either fighting against development or fighting against talent. Those choose to end the development. 

• Like 1