New Forum, Who This? - Introduce Yourself!

elliot878

Welcome to the new forum, and welcome to the new intro and random thread.  Over the last year or so there have been a lot of new members.  I think we should all go through the intro questionnaire and re-familiarize ourselves with one another.  A lot has probably changed since everyone last filled the "about me" out.

Don't forget the FORUM RULES still apply in here.

Please introduce yourself and familiarize yourself with the rules (above link) before posting.

About Yourself
Name:  Elliot

Favorites

Sport teams other then the obvious: 

• NHL:  New York Rangers
  • MLB:  New York Yankees
  • NBA:  Boston Celtics
  • College Football:  UConn/Stanford
  • College Basketball:  UConn
  • Soccer:  Man U, USA MNT

Past Broncos:  Terrell Davis, Peyton Manning

Current Broncos:  Chris Harris Jr., Von Miller

Favorite Broncos Moment:  The SB win over Green Bay.  Improbable run to SB50 victory, especially beating New England in the AFCCG.

Favorite Non-Football Athletes:  LeBron James, Mike Trout, Aaron Judge, Luis Severino, Ryan McDonagh, Mats Zuccarello

Movies:  Super Troopers, Arrival, Saving Private Ryan, SuperBad, 40 Year Old Virgin, Wedding Crashers... there's a ton, wide range.

Tv Shows:  Scrubs, The Office, How I Met Your Mother, Parks & Rec, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Shameless... again, there's a bunch

Actors/Actresses:  Leonardo DiCaprio, Will Ferrell, Emma Stone

Music:  Mumford & Sons, Jason Isbell, Red Hot Chili Peppers, John Mayer, Kanye West, Avett Brothers

Foods:  Sushi, Lasagna

Things to do in Free Time (Please abide by Forum Rules for this one!):  Beach, play sports, spend time with friends, explore new places and activities with my girlfriend.

Tell Us More

What Made You a Broncos Fan:  Terrell Davis. For whatever reason the year the Broncos lost to the Jags in the playoffs, the Broncos were on TV a lot in CT, and I took a liking to them at a young age and never looked back.

Favorite part of 2017, so far:  Red Hot Chili Peppers concert in Boston, visiting Nashville for vacation.

2017-18 Denver Broncos Schedule

18010999_210607422770102_780927197003238

Welcome to the new forum, and welcome to the new intro and random thread.  Over the last year or so there have been a lot of new members.  I think we should all go through the intro questionnaire and re-familiarize ourselves with one another.  A lot has probably changed since everyone last filled the "about me" out.

Don't forget the FORUM RULES still apply in here.

Please introduce yourself and familiarize yourself with the rules (above link) before posting.

About Yourself

Name:  Dan

Occupation:  Associate Vice President, LPCM / Sports Editor, BWS

Favorites

• NHL:  Colorado Avalanche 
  • MLB:  Colorado Rockies 
  • NBA:  Denver Nuggets
  • College Football: Colorado State Rams 
  • College Basketball:  Colorado State Rams 
  • Soccer:  Huh?

Past Broncos:  John Elway, Rod Smith, Champ Bailey

Current Broncos:  Chris Harris Jr., Von Miller, Derek Wolfe

Favorite Broncos Moment:  The SB win over Green Bay.  Improbable run to SB50 victory, especially beating New England in the AFCCG.

Favorite Non-Football Athletes: Nolan Arenado, Charlie Blackmon, Derek Jeter, Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Jordan Spieth

Movies:  Saving Private Ryan, The Departed, The Blues Brothers, too many to list really

TV Shows:  The Sopranos, Seinfeld, Friends, Cheers, Coach, Frasier, House of Cards, Breaking Bad, 24

Actors/Actresses: don't really have any....

Music:  Any kind of rock; modern, classic, alternative, hard, new age, etc. 

Foods:  Sushi! 

Things to do in Free Time (Please abide by Forum Rules for this one!): Golf, camp, hang out with friends, kick it at the bar, brew beer, do stuff with girls

Tell Us More

What Made You a Broncos Fan: Born and raised in Colorado, kind of comes with the turf. 

Favorite part of 2017, so far:  Shooting a 78 at Collindale Golf Club when it was setup for the US Open qualifier.

About Yourself

Name:  Connor

Favorites

• NHL:  don't care
  • MLB:  don't care
  • College Football:  CU
  • College Basketball:  CU/Louisville
  • Soccer:  Arsenal, USA MNT

Past Broncos:  Clinton Portis, Brandon Marshall, Elvis Dumervil, Shannon Sharpe

Current Broncos:  Chris Harris Jr., Von Miller, Emmanuel Sanders

Favorite Broncos Moment: 2006 NFL Divisional playoff win against the Patriots - SB50 of course

Favorite Non-Football Athletes:  Nikola Jokic, JR Smith, Mesut Ozil

Movies:  Zombieland, Crazy Stupid Love, The Spectacular Now

Tv Shows:  Scrubs, HIMYM, Game of Thrones, Avatar the Last Airbender, Psych, Catastrophe etc etc

Actors/Actresses:  Woody Harrelson

Music:  Ah man where do I begin? CHVRCHES, Haim, Kanye West, Lorde, CARLY RAE JEPSEN!!!, Drake, Vince Staples, Electric Guest, LANY, Kendrick Lamar, dvsn, 2 Chainz, Bleachers ETC ETC ETC

Foods:  Don't care about food tbh but the tacos in Austin are tight 

Things to do in Free Time (Please abide by Forum Rules for this one!): Men's league soccer, go to movies, drink beers at bars, talk about sports, watch sports, go to concerts, read books but mainly twitter tho

Tell Us More

What Made You a Broncos Fan:  From Littleton, CO boi 

Favorite part of 2017, so far: Hmmmmmmm I went to Amsterdam and Paris so  that was pretty dope. Went home for a Railroad Earth Red Rocks show. Family went to Spokane for my little bro's college graduation. 

Name:  John

Favorites

• NHL:  Montreal Canadiens
  • MLB:  Tampa Bay Rays
  • NBA:  Boston Celtics
  • College Football:  Don't Care
  • College Basketball:  Don't Care

Past Favorite Broncos:  Steve Watson, Steve Atwater, John Elway (Duh), Dennis Smith, Shannon Sharpe, Karl Mecklenberg, Rod Smith

Current Broncos:  Von Miller, DT, Chris Harris Jr., Darian Stewart

Favorite Broncos Moment: Elway's Helicopter, The Drive, SB50 of course

Favorite Non-Football Athletes:  None

Movies:  Shawshank Redemption, Dark Knight Trilogy, LOTR

Tv Shows:  GoT, Banshee (done), Orphan Black, Sherlock Holmes/Luther, The Walking Dead (at least until this last year)

Actors/Actresses:  None

Foods:  Anything with spice

Things to do in Free Time (Please abide by Forum Rules for this one!):  Golf, movies, movies, family for a few more years until they leave, then more golf!

Tell Us More

What Made You a Broncos Fan:  Watching the Orange Crush in '77, fan since then.

Favorite part of 2017, so far:  Football season only 1 month away!

About Yourself

Name:  Blaine

Favorites

• College Football:  Colorado, Iowa
  • College Basketball:  Colorado
  • Soccer:  Bayern Munich, Germany

Past Broncos:  Champ Bailey, TD, Rod Smith

Current Broncos:  Chris Harris Jr., Von Miller, DT

Favorite Broncos Moment: SB 50, SB 32/33, Beating the Pats in the playoffs in two AFCCCG

Favorite Non-Football Athletes:  Thomas Muller, Paul Rabil, Evgeni Malkin, Nikola Jokic

Movies:  No Country For Old Men, Heat, Collateral, GoldenEye

Tv Shows:  Fargo, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, The Wire, Better Call Saul

Actors/Actresses:  Jeremy Renner

Music:  Nirvana, RHCP, Foo Fighters, Pink Floyd, Lupe Fiasco, Public Enemy

Foods:  Can't go wrong with Colorado burgers/burrritos

Things to do in Free Time (Please abide by Forum Rules for this one!): Men's league lacrosse, movies, drinks, golf, can you live in CO and not mention hikes?

Tell Us More

What Made You a Broncos Fan: CO born and bred.

Favorite part of 2017, so far: Traveled to Virginia and Maryland with lax team, going to Seattle in 2 months.

About Yourself
Name:  Fabian

Favorites

• NHL:  none as too time-intensive to follow dilligently, at least for me
  • MLB:  see above
  • NBA:  see above
  • College Football:  no biographic connection
  • College Basketball: see above
  • Soccer:  German MNT; club-wise, no particular favorite team, though I do occasionally follow how Roma, Leipzig and Mainz are doing

Past Broncos:  Shannon Sharpe, Al Wilson

Current Broncos:  Chris Harris Jr., Von Miller

Favorite Broncos Moment:  Super Bowl 50: after having gone through child- and teenagehood without witnessing any titles for my favorite teams, Germany's World Cup 2014 and especially the Broncos' Super Bowl 50 victory finally turned me into a fanhood optimist. These major wins were crucial to me since before then any tournament or high stakes game tended to feel lost as soon as things got into crunch time. Now, I am at least halfway confident. Mostly. :-D

Favorite Non-Football Athletes: Zinedine Zidane

Movies:  Inception, Interstellar, The Bourne Trilogy, Star Wars saga

Tv Shows:  The Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, House of Cards, Black Mirror

Actors/Actresses:  Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hanks

Music:  Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Police, Jay-Z, Kendrick Lamar, Rick Ross and various others...

Foods:  risotto ai funghi, sushi, salmon with anything, burgers

Things to do in Free Time:  hanging out with wife and friends, reading, jogging, indoor rowing, Madden, Fifa

Tell Us More

What Made You a Broncos Fan:  an old VHS tape of Super Bowl 32; being able to watch the Broncos more regularly by 2004

Favorite part of 2017, so far: being able to begin my teaching career

Hey guys, in case you're wondering what happened to everyone's signature?  - you need to "allow signatures" in your account setup to see others sigs/see your own.  

To do this, at the top right of any page, click the drop down arrow next to your username, then click "Account Settings" then on the left side navigation there will be a "Signatures" link.  Once you've clicked into there you will need to click the button over that says  "View Signatures" switch this from Gray to Green, then click Save, and you'll be able to see sigs again.

About Yourself

Name:  Josh

Occupation:  4th year Medical Student (9 months until I'm Dr. Uk, not that I'm counting down or anything)

Favorites

• NBA:  none. I watched zero minutes of NBA basketball this season and didn't miss a thing
  • College Football: USAFA Fighting Falcons/Colorado Buffalos
  • College Basketball:  USAFA Fighting Falcons/ Kansas Jayhawks 
  • Soccer:  none. 

Past Broncos:  John Elway, Randy Gradishar, Rod Smith, Champ Bailey

Current Broncos:  Derek Wolfe, Chris Harris Jr., Von Miller

Favorite Broncos Moment:  The Helicopter, The fumble (actually my first memory)

Favorite Non-Football Athletes: Nolan Arenado, Charlie Blackmon, GGG (the fight with Canelo is going to be awesome!), Gabe Landeskog

Movies:  I love a lot of movies, but Forest Gump and The Godfather and it's one and only sequel I can watch no matter what part of the movie is on.

TV Shows:  Game of Thrones, House of Cards, Westworld,

Actors/Actresses: Edward Norton, Kevin Spacey, Tom Hanks

Music:  All kinds from 2Pac to Zac Brown,  Metallica to Tom Petty. I prefer music that if I close my eyes I can imaging them writing the music/lyrics and pouring out their soul, instead of thinking "yeah! this'll sell"

Foods:  All kinds as long as it's well done. If I'm cooking it's probably gonna be Chicken Fajitas or Doro Wat

Things to do in Free Time (Please abide by Forum Rules for this one!): Honestly have not had much free time in the last couple of years. What time I do have that's not in the hospital or studying is spent with my wife and boys.

Tell Us More

What Made You a Broncos Fan: Dad was a Broncos Fan, gave us something to talk about. Again, my first memory is Ernest Byner fumbling at the 1.

Favorite part of 2017, so far:  Passing my boards. Getting residency interviews at my top 3 choices.

Wanted to throw this up to show the progress of the transition to the new forum.

I never really cared about the number of posts of our forum vs the others, (mainly because I didn't know the starting point when I took over as a mod). Starting from zero though, it is interesting, and it gets my competitive juices flowing trying to keep the discussions going as we get closer to the regular season.

So here is where we stand

AFC West

• We're leading the pack with 123 posts
  • Raiders are in 2nd with 92
  • Chargers are 3rd with 22
  • Chiefs are last with 14

Hopefully the actual standings are in this order at the end of December.

League Wide

• Browns 402 posts
  • Bengals have 360
  • Jags 737
  • Titans 555
  • Cowboys 133
  • Eagles 2275
  • Redskins 183
  • Packers 686
  • Vikings 494
  • Saints 276
  • 9ers 428

So, currently we're middle of the pack in terms of activity.  Let's get this forum back to it's prime where we were one of the most active.  If you notice anyone in the old forum hasn't been posting here, shoot them a pm and encourage them to make their way over here.

Good work guys! Lets stay on top of the AFC West where we belong!

Archived