New Forum, Who This? - Introduce Yourself!

elliot878

About Yourself
Name:  Logan

Favorites

Sport teams other then the obvious: 

• MLB:  Philadelphia Phillies
  • NBA:  Milwaukee Bucks
  • College Football:  Penn State

Past Broncos:  Steve Atwater, John Elway

Current Broncos:  Von Miller, Derek Wolfe, CJ Anderson

Favorite Broncos Moment:  The SB win over Green Bay and Elways Helicopter ( my earliest memory of NFL football).

Favorite Non-Football Athletes:  Chase Utley, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Derek Jeter

Movies:  V for Vendetta, Wedding Crashers, Lord of the Rings, A Team, The Campaign, Logan

Tv Shows:  The Sopranos, Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Game of Thrones, The League, Daredevil 

Actors/Actresses:  No true favorite

Music:  Anything

Foods:  Steak, Crab Legs, mussels/oysters

Things to do in Free Time (Please abide by Forum Rules for this one!):  Golf, fish, play video games, visit breweries.

Tell Us More

What Made You a Broncos Fan:  Grew up in a Broncos household.

Favorite part of 2017, so far:  Haha, all I've done is work.  So I'll just go with the future.  Playing in a huge 3 man scramble in my hometown in a week that we've won twice.  Going to a Montana football game in September.  Montana Griz gameday atmosphere supposedly rivals that of big Divison 1 schools and was ranked as a better experience than schools like Florida, Tennessee, and others a few years ago, the atmosphere is top 20 in the nation so I'm excited for that.

About Yourself
Name: Ben

Favorites

• MLB:  Arizona Diamondbacks
  • NBA:  Milwaukee Bucks
  • NHL:  Buffalo Sabres
  • College Football:  University of Maryland

Past Broncos:  John Elway, Terrell Davis, Champ Bailey

Current Broncos:  Von Miller, Chris Harris, Demaryius Thomas

Favorite Broncos Moment:  The first SB win and more recently the SB win over Carolina. The Tebow OT victory was also amazing.

Favorite Non-Football Athletes:  Giannis Antetokounmpo, Paul Goldschmidt, Jack Eichel

Movies:  Pulp Fiction, American Psycho, Wedding Crashers, Batman Trilogy

Tv Shows:  Seinfeld, Veep, Mad Men, mostly anything on HGTV

Actors/Actresses:  Christian Bale/Amy Adams

Music:  Mostly hip-hop

Foods:  I'll literally eat anything. Philly Food Scene is too real. Mexican and Asian food are my faves though.

Things to do in Free Time (Please abide by Forum Rules for this one!):  Hang out with my girlfriend + pup, read, golf, run/workout, a lot of beach time, trivia, etc...

Tell Us More

What Made You a Broncos Fan:  Grandma was a huge Broncos fan.

Favorite part of 2017, so far:  Probably my trip to Hawaii for the GFs 30th birthday. Literally the trip of a lifetime.

Ben,

Still the #1 most odd fav teams from a geographic perspective I've ever seen.

Also, on the food front, there's a restaurant that opened by where i work that is a mexican, vietnamese fusion restaurant.  It's called MexiPho... and it works somehow.  They wanna make it a chain but I can't see that happening.

3 hours ago, elliot878 said:

Ben,

Still the #1 most odd fav teams from a geographic perspective I've ever seen.

Also, on the food front, there's a restaurant that opened by where i work that is a mexican, vietnamese fusion restaurant.  It's called MexiPho... and it works somehow.  They wanna make it a chain but I can't see that happening.

I've been to a few fusion restaurants. If they have the right idea it really can work, even if it seems arcane. I went a place that was Brazilian BBQ and sushi, still one of my favorite places I've eaten in my entire life. 

I know shameless plugs are lame, but my friend and I have been producing a podcast that is fairly Broncos centered (although content has been all over the place in the offseason) for almost 50 episodes. Just dropped our first training camp episode. There are a couple minutes of bachelor that you might have to skip through, lol. We've gotten so much better since we started so it has been a fun thing to do. Check it out if you want some non-denver media people coverage

iTunes link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/on-the-rocks-sports/id1192823899 

About Yourself
Name: Dan

Favorites

• MLB:  Colorado Rockies
  • NBA:  Denver Nuggets
  • NHL:  Colorado Avalanche
  • College Football:  Don't really have one tbh, I only watch to scout draft picks

Past Broncos:  Champ Bailey, Brian Dawkins, Brandon Stokley, Peyton Manning, Malik Jackson

Current Broncos:  Von, Chris Harris, Derek Wolfe, Bradley Roby

Favorite Broncos Moment:  Winning it all last year. The late game heroics in the Tebow year. 2012 and 2013 minus the playoff heartbreak. The holy Stokley play.

Favorite Non-Football Athletes:  Lionel Messi, Lebron, Andy Murray

Movies:  Shawshank redemption, saving private Ryan, Back to the future

Tv Shows:  Breaking Bad, OITNB, How to get away with murder

Actors/Actresses:  Daniel Day-Lewis

Music:  Mainly Britpop, indie type music

Foods:  Pizza

Things to do in Free Time (Please abide by Forum Rules for this one!):  Drink beer, go to concerts, watch sports

Tell Us More

What Made You a Broncos Fan:  Literally just thought they had a cool name.

Favorite part of 2017, so far:  Went to Spain to my first music festival which was ace.

About Yourself

Name:  Evan

Favorites

• NHL:  NA
  • MLB:  San Diego Padres and New York Yankees
  • NBA:  Denver Nuggets and San Antonio Spurs (mostly for Kawhi)
  • College Football:  SDSU and Michigan
  • College Basketball:  SDSU and UNC
  • Soccer:  Just like to watch Champions League and any Cups

Past Broncos:  TD, Champ, Sharpe, Plummer and Rod Smith.

Current Broncos:  CHJ, Von, and Wolfe

Favorite Broncos Moment:  The lead up to SB50  and SB50.

Favorite Non-Football Athletes: NBA: Kawhi Leonard, Nikola Jokic and Melo. MLB: Aaron Judge, Mike Trout, Chris Sale and Ichiro Suzuki. Soccer: CR7

Movies:  Too many to list. I'll just say my all time fav. director is Christopher Nolan so pretty much all of his films.

Tv Shows:  Also too many to list. The office, Parks and Rec, Band of Brothers, Stranger Things, Expanse, Sherlock, Last Kingdom, Psych.. could go on..

Actors/Actresses:  Christian Bale, Robert Downing Jr, and Natalie Portman

Music:  Also too many artist/groups to list. I'll just go by what I listen daily to: Drake, Lupe Fiasco, Calvin Harris, Rihanna, Chainsmokers, Dillon Francis, Logic, J. Cole, The Roots, Marshmello, Galatnis, and Future.

Foods:  Typically anything Asian and Mexican cuisine. I got it made in SoCal.

Things to do in Free Time (Please abide by Forum Rules for this one!): Family life (wife and kids), workout/cardio, Tough Mudder (#5), basketball and work on the house.

Tell Us More

What Made You a Broncos Fan:  Denver Broncos won their first SB in San Diego and I became a fan. Helps that most of my family are from CO.

Favorite part of 2017, so far:  Getting accepted into MAT program (although decided to opt out of that) and in the process of being in LE.

Hi all,

Before I do the proper introduction I wanted to start off by saying that although I am a Broncos fan. I do follow two NFL teams.  The Denver Broncos and the Indianapolis Colts. 

This is all due to one man, the sheriff himself.

I first got into the NFL back in 2000. Being from the UK there was no obvious team to follow, so I did what most people do to find a team and watched a few games to see if any players or any teams stood out. That's when I discovered Peyton Manning. 

He was and is the greatest player I've seen play. That's just my opinion. I know other QB's have had more success and better playoff success but to me he was the greatest. Hence I became a Colts fan. 

Now of course in his mind he probably thought he'd spend his whole career at Indy and be a one team man. Of course we all know that didn't happen and he moved on to Denver. Thankfully it turned out to be the right move as he continued to show his greatness and win another Super Bowl. (Obviously not his greatest season personally though) During his time in Denver I grew to follow the Broncos as much as the Colts and cheer for both teams every week. 

When he moved to Denver I was split as my favourite player had left the team I had supported for 12 years. I couldn't bring myself to choose so decided to support both the Colts and the Broncos and still do to this day. I have had the pleasure of visiting both Mile High and Lucas Oil Stadiums on trips to America and had the opportunity to meet many great Indy/Denver fans and hope to do the same here.

Just thought I should explain why I follow two teams and hope that this will not cause any issues. As far as I am aware there is no deep seated rivalry between the two teams and hope we can have a good time discussing football and watching the Broncos achieve further success.

(P.S. I do know they play each other on TNF Week 15. It's the only game I remain neutral)

About Yourself

Name:  Frazer

Favorites

• NHL:  Anaheim Ducks
  • MLB:  N/A
  • NBA:  Los Angeles Lakers
  • College Football:  N/A
  • College Basketball:  N/A
  • Soccer:  Chelsea, Accrington Stanley 

Past Broncos:  Peyton, Demarcus Ware, Champ, Brandon Marshall.

Current Broncos:  Von, DT, Emmanuel Sanders, Jamaal Charles (Always admired even though he played for KC. Hope he does great things in Denver)

Favorite Broncos Moment:  SB50 & Manning's record breaking TD against the 49ers.

Favorite Non-Football Athletes: NBA: Eden Hazard, N'Golo Kante, Usain Bolt, Daniel Ricciardo, Max Verstappen to name a few.

Movies:  Rocky series. Rocky Horror Picture show, Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit series. 

Tv Shows:  Mainly US Sitcoms. Watched most of them but too many to name. 

Actors/Actresses:  Sly Stallone, Will Smith, Tim Allen and Tom Hanks have to be the main ones. 

Music:  Way too many to list. My music tastes are extremely varied. 

Foods:  Italian - mainly Pasta but almost anything Italian is the best. 

Things to do in Free Time (Please abide by Forum Rules for this one!): Walking, Video Games (Can't wait for Madden 18), Watching Sports, Reading. 

Tell Us More

What Made You a Broncos Fan:  As explained above -  PFM 18. Its been great to follow the Broncos since then. 

Favorite part of 2017, so far:  Getting tickets for the International Series Games in London, and then going to see them of course!

Welcome PFM18. Having been here for over 11 years, I think you will find this forum to be a sanctuary from the drab, dribble and inane refuse that permeates the other fan forums out there. Not to mention the local media. 

As far as myself, I am a life-long Broncos fan and a native Coloradoan. As a proud Italian-American; you will learn that I am as coarse as sandpaper. I am a gun-touting, flag-waving right-winger. I am unabashedly pro-capitalism and I say exactly what I am thinking at all times. I make an ungodly amount of money and drive a BMW. I like blonde girls and was in a frat in college

Welcome aboard. May God have mercy on your soul. 

About Yourself
Name:  Jon

Favorites

• NBA:  Jazz
  • College Football:  UTAH UTES
  • College Basketball:  UTAH UTES

Past Broncos:  Ed McCaffrey,  St. Elway 

Current Broncos:  Chris Harris Jr., Garrett Bolles

Favorite Broncos Moment:  Elway helicopter moment embodies his career.

Favorite Non-Football Athletes: St. John Stockton, Karl Mother Lovin' Malone

Movies:  Harry Potter, The Jerk, Step Brothers, The 3 Amigos, Anchorman, 40 Year Old Virgin

Tv Shows:  Seinfeld, Game of Thrones, Scrubs, The Office, Parks & Rec

Actors/Actresses:  Edward Norton, Steve Carrell

Music:  Late 90's hip hop, pop-punk

Foods:  Burritos

Things to do in Free Time:  Wii U with my boy, Travel with the fam, I devour audiobooks and podcasts

Tell Us More

What Made You a Broncos Fan:  Grandmother lived in Littleton CO, took me  to a game as a young child, I was hooked.

Favorite part of 2017, so far:  Took kiddos to Disneyland, I don't care for rides or anything but seeing them enjoy it is better than enjoying it yourself

About Yourself

Name:  Ben

Favorites

• NHL:  Colorado Avalanche 
  • MLB: Colorado Rockies
  • NBA:  Denver Nuggets
  • College Football: Baylor Bears
  • College Basketball:  Baylor Bears
  • Soccer:  the underdog

Past Broncos:  John Elway,  Champ Bailey, Ed McCaffery, Terrell Davis

Current Broncos:  Chris Harris Jr., Von Miller

Favorite Broncos Moment:  First superbowl victory

Favorite Non-Football Athletes: Nolan Arenado, Chuck Natzy, Cargo

Movies:  War Room was a good one I recently saw.  I'm pretty eclectic

TV Shows:  Game of Thrones, House of Cards, Westworld,

Actors/Actresses: Edward Norton, Kevin Spacey, Tom Hanks

Music:  All kinds from 2Pac to Zac Brown,  Metallica to Tom Petty. I prefer music that if I close my eyes I can imaging them writing the music/lyrics and pouring out their soul, instead of thinking "yeah! this'll sell"

Foods:  All kinds as long as it's well done. If I'm cooking it's probably gonna be Chicken Fajitas or Doro Wat

Things to do in Free Time (Please abide by Forum Rules for this one!): Honestly have not had much free time in the last couple of years. What time I do have that's not in the hospital or studying is spent with my wife and boys.

Tell Us More

What Made You a Broncos Fan: 3rd generation.  Was a requirement to be part of the family ;)

Favorite part of 2017, so far: Completing my service commitment and officially having no more medical school debt

Archived