Raiders vs Chiefs GDT Playoffs or no?

Nodisrespect

Who wins  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Raiders
    • Chefs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/2017 at 06:00 PM

2013-raiders-chiefs-story.jpg

Important matchups

Khalil Mack and Bruce Irvin vs Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz

-This matchup is important because the Chiefs don't use max protection much instead they rely on quick passing and their talent at both bookend positions. Will a surging Raiders defense be able to cover long enough for Mack and Irvin to get to Alex Smith is one the games biggest questions. 

Alex Smith, Hill the thrill and Travis Kelce vs The Raiders Secondary

Its no secret the Raiders secondary has struggled and Kansas city has scary offensive weapons. Alex Smith struggles with defenses that disguise looks late into the playclock and the Raiders have struggled executing defenses even when the right play is called. Can the Raiders compete at a higher level using disguise now that Navarro Bowman and Chuck Pagano have entrenched themselves in the Raiders defense? Can the Raiders stay over the top of Tyreek Hill and not let him make the explosive play that he seems to make every week? Can the Raiders stop Kelce from dominating the middle of the field and making explosive plays. If the Raiders want to keep the score manageable they need to slow down Hill and Kelce.

Raiders vs Arrowhead

The Raiders haven't beaten the Chiefs in Arrowhead since 2012(I was at the game)  Will the Raiders be able to break this terrible streak and claim the right to first place and a real opportunity to win the AFC west after a season with many ups and downs.

I think we win a nail biter like last time. KC is struggling and we're slowly improving. I'm thinking Melifonwu as a coverage LB or extra S to work on Kelce with the LB hitting him before rushing. Joseph covering Hunt and a double coverage on Hill. I'd put Conley on him but think he's still IR so Carrie with S help over the top. Bowman spying Smith and stopping the run.

If we got Cooper I'd feel a lot better even if he doesn't catch a single pass as he does open things up for the rest and would have Peters on him which helps Crabs. Offense needs to stay unpredicitable and have long drives keeping our D fresh. We can win it but even if we lose we're still in it.

Like every week I feel like the Raiders have a chance to win this game. The Chiefs are in a downward spiral and the Raiders are coming off of 2 wins, low level wins at home, but wins never the less.That sort of momentum can help a team win. Here's a what if though, what if the Raiders are finally hitting their stride on offense? Last week was hard to tell missing 2.5 guys from the passing game but, Carr looked pretty good in most of the game. The running game has looked the best it has all year and december was going to be the time that the Coaching staff was going to unleash Lynch. The chiefs Dline has been pretty bad lately so if the Raiders can get a push up front the offense can succeed.

The Chiefs on the other hand can really upset the apple cart. The Chiefs play very well at Arrowhead and Carr has never won there so, they have that going for them. The Raiders defense is still sup par and it looks like the Chiefs offense can be explosive again. Like the Raiders the Chiefs face a loser goes home type game today, not something any of them want to see happen, especially after how they started the season. If the Chiefs play a clean game on offense and score they could just out last the Raiders.

Ultimately this game is a toss up and I don't want to say Raiders because everyone else is.

But I hope they win, because if they do and they do it well I might have more hope for this team playing in January.

The NFL sure does hate Raider fans in southern California.  Instead of a divisional game that will impact the home Chargers team we get to watch a game that has very little meaning outside of the draft with the Giants and Cowboys.  They could have at least shown the Panthers vs Vikings so it is a meaningful game.

Raiders will stick the final fork in KC's season today. The Oline is peaking at the right time. Lynch is gelling and feeling it right now. Carr will be focused and lead today.

Mack/Irvin are firing on defense and Pagano know's Alex Smith well to limit him moving out of the pocket. Their offense will get theirs in spots, but this will be a statement game for Pagano's defense. 

Raiders bury KC today. Two teams headed in different directions. Oakland looks rejuvenated and focused. KC looks like they are about to quit on their staff. 

Let's go.

Amerson still out. They have been pushing for him to play these last two weeks, but he can't get there.

Carr needs to have a big boy game today. That defense is not great and they are missing by far their best corner. I saw friggin Josh McCown torch that defense last week. I expect much of the same from Carr, although Arrowhead is another place he has never played well.

Archived