BB - Implode whilst every one else Zags

Hunter2_1

Is it time for BB to go?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. BB...

• Keep BB for the foreseeable future. Careful what you wish for.
    • Give him another season with the high draft pick and cap room coming.
    • Let him coach out the rest of the season and then go. He's done.
    • He should have been gone a while ago.

Belichick has this thing where he's always trying to outsmart everyone else. It worked a lot of the time when Brady was here, because the successes were magnified and the failures were paved over, but without that security blanket, the failures are allowed to take root and fester. He needs to learn to go with the flow. But he won't because he's a stubborn old man. 

Tbh this is pretty simple 

• They invested significant draft capital and years of planning in a QB who just isn't the guy 
  • There has been a ton of attrition in the coaching staff over the past few years  
  • The defense has been decimated by injuries to key players like Judon and Gonzalez
  • The offensive line has also been banged up all season and it is making Mac look even worse 
  • They have no impact skill position players (this one is on the front office, no question)

In light of that, maybe just maybe, the rational thing to do is to lose football games?

Is it possible we are just bad and tanking to get a high draft pick to draft an impact player (ideally QB)?

I know it goes against the Belichick ethos and the "Patriot way" but every franchise goes through rebuilds and down seasons 

If Belichick really is as Machiavellian as people have been saying for the past 20 years then what this team is doing right now is exactly what they should be doing - losing football games to take advantage of NFL rules and land a franchise QB 

It sucks but Mac was a swing and a miss.  If Mac were CJ Stroud we would be in a different position.  Hopefully the next guys is better. 

Would be silly to throw the baby out with the bathwater tbh.  Maybe force Belichick to bring back a competent GM and accept input from more folks but letting him go isn't going to fix this mess.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

One thing I will say is that they have tried to address the WR issue that’s been an issue for years. They’ve spent first and second round draft picks on it multiple times, they’ve looked a FA for options as well. 

they just have not hit. Nothing is hitting for us at Wr.

That said, they could do better. Low balling DHop is just one example. Thornton had ref flags too.

Have they though? I guess they've "tried", but their evaluation of offensive skill positions, specifically WR, is extremely troubling. I truly believe members of this forum could evaluate WRs better.

• Thornton was a head scratcher from the start. Taking him over Pickens (after trading up I might add), had everyone saying wtf?
  • The list of WR's taken after Harry is disgusting to look back at. 
  • They had the opportunity to fix the first disaster of passing on AJB for Harry, when he was put on the market by the Titans. A first round pick for AJB should have been a no brainer.
  • Giving Juju basically the same deal as Meyers, who was both better, younger, and fit in the system.
  • Getting close to nothing out of Jonnu and Henry, despite paying them big deals. Even Smith is being more productive in Atlanta- total joke.
  • Low balling Deandre Hopkins. 

It's time for a change. We can't have a 71-year old coach, with also the responsibilities to construct the roster as well. Its too much responsibility- especially considering the recent draft and FA busts. I don't buy that the draft is now "more collaborative process"; everything leads me to believe Belichick is still calling the shots.

He could still be the best DC in the league, or a great headcoach paired with a young (non-yes man) offensive mind. His ego is too big for it, and he wants all the control.

It's time for a new era. It doesn't discredit all of his accomplishments, or how I feel about him as a coach. It's just time for a change, and he's not the guy for the full on rebuild.

• Like 2

I want Bo Nix or JJ McCarthy. I don’t necessarily want Belichick to be the one in charge for their development but a move should have been made like years upon years ago. I firmly believe Brady would have won as much or more with equal or greater stats under a variety of head coaches so as good as Belichick was he was always carried by the fortune around him.

24 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I want Bo Nix or JJ McCarthy. I don’t necessarily want Belichick to be the one in charge for their development but a move should have been made like years upon years ago. I firmly believe Brady would have won as much or more with equal or greater stats under a variety of head coaches so as good as Belichick was he was always carried by the fortune around him.

I Ike Bo but you can keep. JJ McCarthy.

My favorite QB is Danial's. MOF I think he's the best in the draft.

Pats QB's  In this draft

1. Danials                      I say he move up the board  into the top 10

2. Bo Nix                      Older but seen everything from star to crap. Harden from experience.

3. Michael Penix Jr.     scare the crap out of me with the injury history

4. Quinn Ewers            Pedigree has the tools.

No on Williams and Maye. Let the other GM fools take them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mission27 said:

They invested significant draft capital and years of planning in a QB who just isn't the guy 

I see the opposite. The guys they drafted early have have been bust or jags. They didn't even draft a OT or a 3rd down back and didn't have a viable option on the roster.  The last (high choice) OT was Wynn that's it from 2011  that's 12 years for the 2nd most important position on the field.

There has been a ton of attrition in the coaching staff over the past few years  

And BB did nothing fix it. He refuses to go outside his circle which has left him with Matt P running offense and some Lacrosse intern running the safeties. Sorry there is no excuses when it comes to who he's hired.  Major fail and it shows on the field every week. ST , penalties, bad tackling, players not knowing their assignments.

Maybe force Belichick to bring back a competent GM and accept input from more folks but letting him go isn't going to fix this mess.

That won't happen BB has say in all football matters. And we all know he won't bend on this issue.  We have seen it over the years with him. Remember the napkin with the Jets.

BB would love a contract breach.  He gets paid and he gets to go to another team of his choice, if he want to continue.

This is going the wrong way. he 's had 4 years and there are so many moves that leave you angry and pulling you hair out.  I have a list on one of these post.

You listed one Folk and he picks a kicker while having NO RT on the team that could play. Signs a player as old as dirt who washed up to good money and should be retired Reiff a complete bust that they moved to OG.

15 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Bo and JJ are just another two QBs that need a good environment in the NFL to be anything. We need more than that. 

That the reason why I have Danials as the best QB in this draft. He's not just a running QB, but boy can he run and make you pay if you pressure him. 

IMO lame GM will let him fall because of a small frame throwing cliche (sm sling ) and he skinny however I don't see any problems that can't be fixed.

THAT IS IF WE HAVE REAL offensive coaches !!!!

Danial's skills  will make up for any problems with the OL. He runs more than scrambles.

PS I'm not talking about Williams scrambling crap that all the Bucky's rave about. That crap doesn't work in the NFL teams and players are to good to let a QB run around for 10 seconds breaking tackles in the backfield scrambling. ND put a squash on that and forced the kid to throw. Not pretty. Don't get me wrong he can play however like @Hunter2_1  said he will need help just like Mac should of had.  

---------------------------

I say Danial's runs faster

https://www.sportskeeda.com/college-football/jayden-daniels-40-time-how-fast-lsu-qb

This is why I have him MY #1 guy. Yes the defense stinks but watch him read make accurate  throws and kill any type of pass rush. And boy can he fly !!!!! I have watched most of what is out there on the him. Impressed so far, but like a horse race things change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr_NQqhn0fM&t=3s

1.50 mark to 2.20

This is what I see that the other QB's don't have and with a little work, he can increase his arm strength. He has all the tools. I say he runs a 4.3/ 4.4 40. I hope he doesn't participate at the combine. The last thing I want is for him to wake up the Bucky's of the draft world.

Perfect scenario Pats have a top three pick and Harrison on the board. They trade the pick basically flop places and get the 20th pick.

End up with

Card two 1st RD picks

1. Olu Fashanu or Joe Alt.  I like OF but that can change.

2. Jayden Daniels  You might have the opportunity to trade down in the 1st if you can read the teams and the draft. Me I don't chance it if there's any doubt you'll  miss out

Edited by m haynes

On 11/14/2023 at 3:11 PM, 1ForTheThumb said:

Ben Johnson 2024.

Is Kraft going to be too cheap to fire Belichick? 

Co-sign.

Ben Johnson got his coaching start, guess where? That’s right, locally. The Boston College Eagles gave Johnson his first crack at it.

In all likelihood Johnson goes to like the Chargers or Bills. Good QB’s to work with with owners desperate to get over the hump. Or a new ownership with the Commanders will throw a huge contract his way.

Titans, Jets, Giants, Bears, Packers, Falcons are maybe’s for coaching changes and may want Johnson to salvage what they’ve got at QB. Cowboys, Buccaneers, and Saints HC’s should all be safe but you never know. McVay might retire. Panthers could surprise us and fire their guy after one season. Jags may surprise too, we’ll see there. So point being it’s a lot to expect BJ and get a true happy ending.

16 hours ago, m haynes said:

Perfect scenario Pats have a top three pick and Harrison on the board. They trade the pick basically flop places and get the 20th pick.

if Kraft sees Harrison on the board I think he makes that guy his next hand picked player. Rare instances I think Kraft will do that going forward. Hence the “collaborative” process now. And I think it’s not a bad pick either way tbh, but definitely could be an overrated WR when there are plenty of better options ultimately on the board, including QB’s.

10 hours ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Get someone else to be GM and manage the draft. Not sure if BB would accept that but it's time he stepped down from that role... he's sucked at it for too long now. Keep as coach tho, if he accepts the reduced role.

Logical that the problem.

BB can't face the truth, he sucks when it comes to players.

So that would be a hell no from him.