General discussion thread.

hornbybrown

17 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Blake Bortles, Case Keenum, Nick Foles

and Tom Brady.

One of these is not like the other.

And yet, there are some who keep preaching that you cannot make it to the SB with a QB like Cousins if we were to sign him. 1, maybe 2, of those three will be in the SB so the "You will never get there with Cousin's" crap holds no water.

I was watching the games this weekend and kept thinking wow those are some great throws 

Then realized that those were standard throws and being a Browns fan made me forget what baseline competence in the NFL should look like

37 minutes ago, pscottdai said:

And yet, there are some who keep preaching that you cannot make it to the SB with a QB like Cousins if we were to sign him. 1, maybe 2, of those three will be in the SB so the "You will never get there with Cousin's" crap holds no water.

Since the success of the three's teams is no proof at all that we could even get there with Cousins, you have no argument.

It's flip sides of getting Cousins that also are the problem.

Perhaps passing on our QBOTF.

Spending a boat load of cap money that could be better spent.

Settling into NFL draft purgatory with mediocre performance.

All academic as long as we are stuck with Hueball, of course.

8 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Since the success of the three's teams is no proof at all that we could even get there with Cousins, you have no argument.

It's flip sides of getting Cousins that also are the problem.

Perhaps passing on our QBOTF.

Spending a boat load of cap money that could be better spent.

Settling into NFL draft purgatory with mediocre performance.

All academic as long as we are stuck with Hueball, of course.

Getting cousins doesn’t handicap your QBOTF. Hell Cousins wold be the Qb for the next five years. Something that is unheard of for this organization. Also there is a chance maybe Kizer develops for sitting for a few seasons or the browns get the QBOTF a couple years from now. Dorsey has shown he isn’t afraid to draft the QBOTF even tho the current starter is still pretty good

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Getting cousins doesn’t handicap your QBOTF.

It does if we pass on Darnold because we signed Cousins.

Hell Cousins wold be the Qb for the next five years.

Pass.

Also there is a chance maybe Kizer develops for sitting for a few seasons

Sure, but a snowball's chance in hell, imho.

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

or the browns get the QBOTF a couple years from now.

After going through Tank X.0?

No thanks.

27 minutes ago, bruceb said:

It does if we pass on Darnold because we signed Cousins.

Pass.

Sure, but a snowball's chance in hell, imho.

After going through Tank X.0?

No thanks.

Darnold isnt the be all end all of QB prospects.

Why would you pass on the chance to have at least good/great QB play for the next 5years? You know Cousins can give you good/great QB play. You have no idea how a rookie will turn out from this draft. 

Yeah there is a small chance but there is still a chance. 

Yeah had to tank for it this year but in the future you might not need to. Hell, KC got their QBOTF and it didnt take a tank for it.

Darnold isnt the be all end all of QB prospects.

Why would you pass on the chance to have at least good/great QB play for the next 5years? You know Cousins can give you good/great QB play. You have no idea how a rookie will turn out from this draft. 

Yeah there is a small chance but there is still a chance. 

Yeah had to tank for it this year but in the future you might not need to. Hell, KC got their QBOTF and it didnt take a tank for it.

Not to mention, there is always the chance that Darnold turns out to suck at the NFL level then what happened to your QBoTF? I am more of a give me a proven over a possible kind of guy. 

I believe that Darnold will be a good NFL QB and want us to draft him but if given the chance at Cousins I am taking him. That way we have two chances at a QBoTF in case one doesn't pan out. 

9 hours ago, pscottdai said:

Not to mention, there is always the chance that Darnold turns out to suck at the NFL level then what happened to your QBoTF? I am more of a give me a proven over a possible kind of guy. 

I believe that Darnold will be a good NFL QB and want us to draft him but if given the chance at Cousins I am taking him. That way we have two chances at a QBoTF in case one doesn't pan out. 

Personally I would want both. It be great having the short term and long term QBs. Also gives Darnold a legit QB to play behind. If it comes down to Darnold or a Cousin and I have to choose one or the other. Give me Cousins. 

13 hours ago, pscottdai said:

Defensive lines are underrated. Give me a great QB + great pass rushers and I will figure out the rest.

Archived