General discussion thread.

hornbybrown

Just now, big poppa pump said:

Why do you constantly point out dudes that were picked up....which have lead to 0 wins?.....your argument falls flat on its face

the idea of point counterpoint is that the counterpoint isnt a basis for a new argument, but rather to rebut the first point (yours)

Just now, mistakey said:

the idea of point counterpoint is that the counterpoint isnt a basis for a new argument, but rather to rebut the first point (yours)

My argument is that we have sat on a ton of cap space for several years now, and it has produced literally nothing in terms of wins and losses.  They could spend more money, still not put themselves in a bad salary cap situation, and actually field a more competitive football team.

You do care about wins and losses correct?  Or are you more concerned about the statistical nature of how Depo has somehow helped the team be less injurious????  el oh el

i mean lets be real.  the reason we're historically bad is that we have bad quarterback play and have had bad receiving targets (stay sober josh and get better corey)
the combination of sashi and hue couldn't make it happen.  hue didnt like some and sashi stayed too true to his logic to give up his picks to go up and get mahomes.  had they got mahomes I bet you sashi still has his job.

1 minute ago, big poppa pump said:

My argument is that we have sat on a ton of cap space for several years now, and it has produced literally nothing in terms of wins and losses.  They could spend more money, still not put themselves in a bad salary cap situation, and actually field a more competitive football team.

You do care about wins and losses correct?  Or are you more concerned about the statistical nature of how Depo has somehow helped the team be less injurious????  el oh el

except for we havent sat on a ton of cap space.  we took over a team that spent a lot of cap space.  2015 defense was the most expensive in the league! literally 2016 was a shedding year of dead cap space and bad contracts.  

yeah. i care about wins and losses.  iif good players are hurt they cant help try and win games.

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

i mean lets be real.  the reason we're historically bad is that we have bad quarterback play and have had bad receiving targets (stay sober josh and get better corey)
the combination of sashi and hue couldn't make it happen.  hue didnt like some and sashi stayed too true to his logic to give up his picks to go up and get mahomes.  had they got mahomes I bet you sashi still has his job.

I won't argue about any of this......  Including the part about Mahomes....

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

I agree with this. 

If this thing turns around over the next season or two I for one will be giving huge credit to Sashi

1 hour ago, hornbybrown said:

I agree with this. 

If this thing turns around over the next season or two I for one will be giving huge credit to Sashi

I think the credit will end up going to the QB not yet on our team, and the coach not yet coaching this team.  That is the only way we are going to see a turn around.

2 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I think the credit will end up going to the QB not yet on our team, and the coach not yet coaching this team.  That is the only way we are going to see a turn around.

Unfortunately the coach still on our team can be looked upon as a hero if we get the right QB. None of it will be deserved, he is a garbage coach and a dodgey person to boot. 

2 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Unfortunately the coach still on our team can be looked upon as a hero if we get the right QB.

I don't think Cueball will get it right with the right QB.

I think he is puke, rubbish, garbage and will continue to fail.

Especially since his next attempt to get absolute power will be to try and take Dorsey out.

Terry Pluto has a cool article up on Cleveland.com he interviews Tim Couch. It’s a cool article.

really surprised to find out Couch is a big Browns fan, watches every game.

drspite how he was treated he is no bitter at all.

Still the best QB since we returned. His stats considering what he had around him are really remarkable 

42 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Terry Pluto has a cool article up on Cleveland.com he interviews Tim Couch. It’s a cool article.

really surprised to find out Couch is a big Browns fan, watches every game.

drspite how he was treated he is no bitter at all.

Still the best QB since we returned. His stats considering what he had around him are really remarkable 

That was a nice article - Couch always fought really hard for us, and if he was surrounded by better talent and had better pass protection could have had a nice career. 

I'm shocked that he watches every Browns game, I've been an avid fan since the Cardiac Kids days, and even I haven't been able to stomach watching every game over the past few years.

40 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

That was a nice article - Couch always fought really hard for us, and if he was surrounded by better talent and had better pass protection could have had a nice career. 

I'm shocked that he watches every Browns game, I've been an avid fan since the Cardiac Kids days, and even I haven't been able to stomach watching every game over the past few years.

Yeah I though it was a great read. Always had a soft spot in my heart Couch after everything he went through. Even more so now after reading that

Archived