General discussion thread.

hornbybrown

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I originally came in here to talk about how Washington is rumored to want to franchise tag cousins and then trade him.  If that’s the case I no longer want cousins. I was willing to pay QB order trade draft picks for QB, I’m not willing to do both

there's a tweet out there saying something about Article 10 of the CBA that if a player is tagged for a third time that the player cannot negotiate or be signed by another team. I don't think any team interested in Cousins is going to give up anything to compete for him on a 1 year deal for the contract amount he will be at. All of the teams know that they aren't going to pay both he and Smith, so it takes the value away. 

http://www.thefootballeducator.com/nfl-cba-article-10-franchise-transition-players/

5 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

there's a tweet out there saying something about Article 10 of the CBA that if a player is tagged for a third time that the player cannot negotiate or be signed by another team. I don't think any team interested in Cousins is going to give up anything to compete for him on a 1 year deal for the contract amount he will be at. All of the teams know that they aren't going to pay both he and Smith, so it takes the value away. 

http://www.thefootballeducator.com/nfl-cba-article-10-franchise-transition-players/

Well I think the idea is to tag Cousins,  negotiate a contract with him and then trade him. Under that new deal. That’s what I thought of when I first heard it. Still I would not trade for a QB like that. 

51 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I originally came in here to talk about how Washington is rumored to want to franchise tag cousins and then trade him.  If that’s the case I no longer want cousins. I was willing to pay QB order trade draft picks for QB, I’m not willing to do both

Being franchised three consecutive years probably will have made Cousins as much or more money that if he had signed a 5-year deal 3 years ago.

35 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s arguably the best in the business tbh.

When you combine McCloughans ability to hit on top tier guys and Dorseys ability to to find mid-round gems we might actually have a draft class that stands a chance from top to bottom.

Its going to be super interesting who gets pushed out the door of the previous young guys who this group didnt draft like Coleman, Kindred, Ogbah, Orchard, ect.

Archived