General discussion thread.

hornbybrown

I am going to the game Sunday with some of the kids.

A good friend of mine, except for the fact that he is a PIT fan, asked me: Would you bet the Browns straight up for this game?

My answer, of course, was: No.

Then he asked: Then why in the hell are you going to freeze to watch it?

This was a good question and got me to wondering whether I suffer a particular neurosis/psychosis?

I ruled out the Stockholm Syndrome as that involved people forced into a situation.

None of us are forced to be Browns' fans; it is something we choose.

Sadomasochism?

Perhaps.

What am I missing?

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

what if we finish out the season 3-0?

Bro you just gave me nightmares of eric mangini.

Ironically I just had a look and winning those games moved us out of Sam Bradford range. We ultimately took Joe Haden and TJ Ward in the first two rounds. Not so bad really. I think it would be much more harmful if we played ourselves out of Darnold/Rosen this year!

As far as I am concerned, Dorsey already has proved himself a putz and dashed my spirits for the future prospects of this team.

While I am not as disengaged as Ditch, I am enough to know that after tomorrow I will not spend one more cent on Browns anything until and unless they start winning games.

Is there a way for us to create a fan-based entity to buy the Browns?

Isn't that the way it is with the Packers?

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

As far as I am concerned, Dorsey already has proved himself a putz and dashed my spirits for the future prospects of this team.

While I am not as disengaged as Ditch, I am enough to know that after tomorrow I will not spend one more cent on Browns anything until and unless they start winning games.

Is there a way for us to create a fan-based entity to buy the Browns?

Isn't that the way it is with the Packers?

Yeah but they were grandfathered in, it is no longer accepted as a form of ownership. It makes the owner meetings catering bill so much larger.

Bill Belichick was as unlikable as any Browns rep we've ever had but he figured out a way to gain acceptance (In N.E.). If these guys can figure that out we will accept them. It does come with hoisting a trophy and I'm not sure that is in Hue's future but it is his only hope and he likely needs a Peyton Manning type QB who will run his own offense to do it.

4 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Bill Belichick was as unlikable as any Browns rep we've ever had but he figured out a way to gain acceptance (In N.E.).

The only way to gain acceptance is to win, which he did.

Cueball doesn't know how to win.

22 minutes ago, bruceb said:

The only way to gain acceptance is to win, which he did.

Cueball doesn't know how to win.

Well that is Sashi and the players fault. You think Belichick would have more than 0 wins with this crap team that Sashi alone built which contains 0 talent? Only Hue's greatness keep us from losing 73-0 each week. Imagine if he had the talent of say, the Chicago Bears. They would probably be undefeated.

On 12/13/2017 at 8:04 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Haslam has more money than brains, he’ll want to burn through that cap cash like Pablo Escobar.

I’m sure that will work out well...

Well, I hope you are right, but it didn't happen last year, so I will take a wait and see approach.

This is going to be an unusual year for sure. Hue has to know he must win games to keep his job and Dorsey must know Haslam's record for turning over FO's, so they will both have one thing on their minds, win now at all costs and forget about a proper rebuild. They be thinking, lets get players in here who can help us win immediately, even if it will mean nothing long term.

We are likely going to have to way overpay any FA's we bring in, to convince them to come to Cleveland, not exactly the destination of players interested in winning championships, before their careers are over. The combination I mentioned just above, could saddle this franchise with a lot of aging players on long term contracts that could expose the team to real cap problems down the road.

This is the problem that an incompetent owner does to a franchise, he can find many ways to ruin it by many means and by establishing a rapid turnover in staff, he has created his own monster, that cannot operate in a sane manner.

We might see an immediate 5-7 wins, but at what cost and will it set us up as a future contender or will it be set up, so a few people can keep their jobs for a year or 2, I just do not like the look of it. I live near Detroit and am a Detroit fan as well and I got to see what William Ford did to that franchise and it was pure ugly and Haslam looks to me, to be on the same path, destroying everything he touches about his team.

Sorry to be so negative, but owners like Haslam just completely p-ss me off.

Archived