General discussion thread.

hornbybrown

WTF? Can anyone else keep up with the cavs trades? 

We got Clarkson and Nance for IT, Frye and our own first this year. 

We got Hood and Hill for Crawford, Shump and Miami's 2nd (which was traded for Wade) 

So we got younger at the guard spots but still lack a center at 5. 

I can see us moving 2nd rounders and other players to make a final trade for D Jordan. 

What I like is we kept that Net's first rounder. 

That is all

mastercheddaar

21 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

WTF? Can anyone else keep up with the cavs trades? 

We got Clarkson and Nance for IT, Frye and our own first this year. 

We got Hood and Hill for Crawford, Shump and Miami's 2nd (which was traded for Wade) 

So we got younger at the guard spots but still lack a center at 5. 

I can see us moving 2nd rounders and other players to make a final trade for D Jordan. 

What I like is we kept that Net's first rounder. 

That is all

mastercheddaar

Front court didn’t really improve, status que. that back court tho,  my god, got younger, longer, and more athletic in like 45mins. Koby went 2k on that trade deadline 

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Front court didn’t really improve, status que. that back court tho,  my god, got younger, longer, and more athletic in like 45mins. Koby went 2k on that trade deadline 

I don't think we are done yet. We have two open roster spots and we need a big man in the middle. I could see us trying to trade for Jordan still and then signing a buyout center. 

that is all

Mastercheddaar

38 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

I don't think we are done yet. We have two open roster spots and we need a big man in the middle. I could see us trying to trade for Jordan still and then signing a buyout center. 

that is all

Mastercheddaar

Well I heard one of those open spots might be for Perkins. He won’t ever play but he will be a locker room glue guy

54 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Omg that JimmyG contract... 5years $137m. 

Almost happy we didn't trade for him now.

7 career starts and now he's the highest paid player in the history of the sport.

Didn't they put a rookie pay scale in to keep this nonsense from happening? I mean 7 career starts WTF?

49ers better be praying his run wasn't a fluke.

There roster still pretty pathetic overall. Honestly probably even worse than the Browns top to bottom. Are they going to have enough cap space to build out of it?

6 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Almost happy we didn't trade for him now.

7 career starts and now he's the highest paid player in the history of the sport.

Didn't they put a rookie pay scale in to keep this nonsense from happening? I mean 7 career starts WTF?

49ers better be praying his run wasn't a fluke.

There roster still pretty pathetic overall. Honestly probably even worse than the Browns top to bottom. Are they going to have enough cap space to build out of it?

I wouldn't get too concerned about his contract.  He's playing in San Francisco.  After the taxman gets his bite, he'll be making the league minimum.  :) 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Well I heard one of those open spots might be for Perkins. He won’t ever play but he will be a locker room glue guy

I hope not... Greg Monroe hasn't signed with the Celts.  He just committed to signing. If boozer has taught us anything players can change their minds. I hope  we can pull him out from under them. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

4 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

I hope not... Greg Monroe hasn't signed with the Celts.  He just committed to signing. If boozer has taught us anything players can change their minds. I hope  we can pull him out from under them. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Still have another open spot. Perkins will be brought in for his locker room presence. Losing the presence of Jones has been huge. 

3 hours ago, bruceb said:

I usually go with CBSsports draft rankings.

This year, though, they seem, well, goofy.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/

E.g., Son of Zeus the 5th best prospect overall?

Anyone have a suggestion for a better source?

Here's the just released positional ranking from Bucky Brooks:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000915336/article/bucky-brooks-top-5-2018-nfl-draft-prospects-by-position

22 hours ago, bruceb said:

I usually go with CBSsports draft rankings.

This year, though, they seem, well, goofy.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/

E.g., Son of Zeus the 5th best prospect overall?

Anyone have a suggestion for a better source?

If he is strong I’d prefer him at rg yo run block. 

Ibwish we had a mailer in our line. Zeitler is just decent. Not much power.

Archived