General discussion thread.

hornbybrown

Personally, I want Josh Gordon off the team, he is a loser who can take a whole franchise down the tubes and losing franchises are dotted with the Gordon's of this world. Let some other franchise sink with this guy. If we want a true rebuild that can produce a serious competitive team within 3 season, you get rid of Gordon ASAP.

As for Pryor, I am not sinking much money in a 29 year old WR who had one decent season in the NFL, I would far rather go with another FA or a rookie.

31 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

Personally, I want Josh Gordon off the team, he is a loser who can take a whole franchise down the tubes and losing franchises are dotted with the Gordon's of this world. Let some other franchise sink with this guy. If we want a true rebuild that can produce a serious competitive team within 3 season, you get rid of Gordon ASAP.

How could he take the whole franchise down?

Who are these franchises that have Gordon type players losing because of that player?

My Maddonesque pipe-dream would include:

The Browns trade a 6th for Blake Bortles and a 2019 2nd. The Jaguars clear a lot of money for Cousins, and The Browns are on the hook for Bortles and his $19 million contract for one year. There's your 2018 starting QB, plus a 2nd in 2019.

#1, the Browns draft Darnold and sit him all year.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

My Maddonesque pipe-dream would include:

The Browns trade a 6th for Blake Bortles and a 2019 2nd. The Jaguars clear a lot of money for Cousins, and The Browns are on the hook for Bortles and his $19 million contract for one year. There's your 2018 starting QB, plus a 2nd in 2019.

#1, the Browns draft Darnold and sit him all year.

I'd be down for that. We have the cap space to take that contract on. 

Speaking of Cousins, rumor has it the Jets are willing to give him 150 million with 60 million in the first year. :o

That is A LOT of cash for a QB. Is Cousins worth it? Would spending that much for him put us on the track to be a playoff contending team? I'm beginning to think a lesser bridge QB and Sam Darnold is the better track to be on. If Cousins doesn't pan out, that is a ton of cap space and would put us in cap hell for the next few seasons. Darnold however would not be anywhere need that much and if he busts the affects would be horrible but not as bad at 150 million for 5 years bad. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

1 minute ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Speaking of Cousins, rumor has it the Jets are willing to give him 150 million with 60 million in the first year. :o

Well I'm guessing he will easily get $60 million the 1st year with a 150 million dollar contract no matter who gives it to him, it wouldn't be anything close to that against the cap though.

12 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well I'm guessing he will easily get $60 million the 1st year with a 150 million dollar contract no matter who gives it to him, it wouldn't be anything close to that against the cap though.

Mostly bonus money in the first year when like 20 million a year for the rest then?

That is all

Mastercheddaar

9 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

As for Pryor, I am not sinking much money in a 29 year old WR who had one decent season in the NFL, I would far rather go with another FA or a rookie.

Because getting rid of talented receivers is the one true way to building a receiving core! 

17 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Mostly bonus money in the first year when like 20 million a year for the rest then?

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Yeah mostly bonus money but it still has to be accounted for on the cap. May be something like 34-28-26-30-32 with the last couple years not being guaranteed so if he didn't work out he could be released. Just depends in the 1st three years which year they want the least amount of money against the cap. Any 5 year deal will be a 3 year deal worth around 85 million though I'd guess and the last couple years would be optional for the team to keep him or move on. All depends on the specific team's cap how it is written the first few years.

21 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

Coming from experiences eerily similar to those of Gordon's (perhaps worse), I do think he's being genuine this time. 

For people like Josh and myself, it's not until that very last straw that things really start to click. I know that I didn't turn my life around until I was backed into an unescapable corner. He exemplified accountability and responsibility when he opened up about the severity of his troubled past, he showed not remorse, but wisdom. Everything he has done since his last fallout and recent comeback tells me that he's finally starting to take the right path. Letting him go without blowing his last opportunity would most definitely come back to bite us, IMO.

5 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:
Thank you so much Miami for keeping someone else from spending 15M+ per year on a receiver who's probably worth 5-8M. You took a bullet for the league today. We owe you one.

Agreed freaky. 

What worries me though is that there is a rumor out there that they're trying to trade him. It would be so Dorsey-like to dump a draft asset AND overpay someone in the same sentence.

That said, I think Pryor will be a lock to come here and we'll be getting him on the cheap. I'd still draft a WR at some point though.

Gordon

Pryor

Coleman

Higgins (flashed potential against Pitt)

Draft Pick

The rest of our WR can go pound sand.

13 hours ago, bruceb said:

Not saying he is talented but Grossi is speculating that Coleman might be on his way out the door.

Don't get that one either. He's no number 1, but Coleman is an ideal number 4 in an elite receiving core. Not like we're strapped for cash. 

Archived