General discussion thread.

hornbybrown

1 hour ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Don't get that one either. He's no number 1, but Coleman is an ideal number 4 in an elite receiving core. Not like we're strapped for cash. 

At worst.

He’s had some nice moments.  Iirc he lightweight gave Jalen Ramsey the business when we played Jax this season.

Like all skill players, he’ll benefit greatly from better qb play and some more weapons around him.  

The playcalling didn’t help him either.  I can’t recall many instances where our OC looked to get him involved and get him easy touches, Bubbles screens, reverses, etc.

Corey Coleman would benefit greatly from...I don't know...actually being around for off season practices instead of  what I have always felt was faking hamstring issues. It is the most over used WR cop out to get out of early season work. The kid needs and entire off season of work and to string some games together. Nothing will improve him faster than experience that isn't broken up by 6-9 week breaks in the middle.

35 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

Corey Coleman would benefit greatly from...I don't know...actually being around for off season practices instead of  what I have always felt was faking hamstring issues. It is the most over used WR cop out to get out of early season work. The kid needs and entire off season of work and to string some games together. Nothing will improve him faster than experience that isn't broken up by 6-9 week breaks in the middle.

Faking hamstring?

34 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Faking hamstring?

Yes. Been around football long enough to know that its is done by many every year. I don't know anyone in the NFL but it happens in high school and college all the time and every time I see these pre season hamstring injuries more often than not it seems like the guy comes back fully healthy with no hitch just in the nic of time. Its even more obvious when the you never hear any specific issue just tenderness or tightness and many other vague descriptions. You  don't have to agree with me but I know for a fact it happens at the lower levels.

19 hours ago, bruceb said:

Not saying he is talented but Grossi is speculating that Coleman might be on his way out the door.

I think it's hilarious that Grossi keeps reporting this and no one backs him up, and he's been reporting it for like a year now. It's pretty clear that someone wants Coleman out of town and that it's not the FO.

22 hours ago, bruceb said:

Not saying he is talented but Grossi is speculating that Coleman might be on his way out the door.

If we trade him it is the definition of buying high and selling low.

he is talented wr, with an accurate qb he would be a menace to the defence. 

Too bad our we have never led him into space

6 hours ago, Dogbite said:

Yes. Been around football long enough to know that its is done by many every year. I don't know anyone in the NFL but it happens in high school and college all the time and every time I see these pre season hamstring injuries more often than not it seems like the guy comes back fully healthy with no hitch just in the nic of time. Its even more obvious when the you never hear any specific issue just tenderness or tightness and many other vague descriptions. You  don't have to agree with me but I know for a fact it happens at the lower levels.

you are acting like CC was faking a pulled hamstring. Him and the Browns even stated it was a sore hamstring. It didnt lead to him missing any time in training camp/fall camp. 

14 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

If we trade him it is the definition of buying high and selling low.

he is talented wr, with an accurate qb he would be a menace to the defence. 

Too bad our we have never led him into space

Yup, that would be completely dumb. He certainly isn't going to be a #1 receiver and was far, far from being worth passing on Wentz for like we did (still sore about that),  but on a WR-poor team like we are, CC can be a solid #3/slot option if he can keep healthy. There's no conceivable logic for us to cut bait with him at this point.

I wonder how many of the pundits' picks are well-reasoned vs. thrown out there to gain/maintain attention, spark controversy?

I mean with the sheer number of divergent opinions indicates that a fair number of them are way wrong.

7 hours ago, bruceb said:

I wonder how many of the pundits' picks are well-reasoned vs. thrown out there to gain/maintain attention, spark controversy?

I mean with the sheer number of divergent opinions indicates that a fair number of them are way wrong.

Kiper is purely for clicks.

Allen at 1, Darnold at 5 and Rosen not even in the Top 10.

It's a joke.

5 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Kiper is purely for clicks.

Allen at 1, Darnold at 5 and Rosen not even in the Top 10.

It's a joke.

I just don’t know why folks read this stuff every year and continue to put stock in it?

How many times does a guy have to be wrong before you realize he may not be doing much more than guessing.  I can do that.  Why do I need to read his guesses?

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I just don’t know why folks read this stuff every year and continue to put stock in it?

How many times does a guy have to be wrong before you realize he may not be doing much more than guessing.  I can do that.  Why do I need to read his guesses?

It's saturation to the point that I don't even click on it before I see it. I turn my tv on and go to the YouTube app and its right there in the thumbnail. I actually actively don't click it so that I don't give them my view!

Kiper had TB12 as the 4th best QB available... at the time of the 199th pick.

That's all I need to know about his expertise.

Archived