General discussion thread.

hornbybrown

Well, with the same HC, you can count only only rookies beating out current roster players, to see many changes. With the same HC, you will not see a total house cleaning, that should have taken place, Hue's first year on the job!!!

Then, there is the team budget set by Haslam, which could or could not mean a lot of FA's, only time will tell.

5 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

Well, with the same HC, you can count only only rookies beating out current roster players, to see many changes. With the same HC, you will not see a total house cleaning, that should have taken place, Hue's first year on the job!!!

Then, there is the team budget set by Haslam, which could or could not mean a lot of FA's, only time will tell.

Haslam has more money than brains, he’ll want to burn through that cap cash like Pablo Escobar.

I’m sure that will work out well...

54 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Haslam has more money than brains, he’ll want to burn through that cap cash like Pablo Escobar.

I’m sure that will work out well...

We need to hire Jacksonville’s cap guy. They spend big money each offseason and still end up with like 20M in space. 

Everyone so worried about their 0 win team being salary cap strapped.  How bout instead of having the most to spend every year, which has = the least talented team, we spend some of this d...ks money on some quality FA's???

Obviously the memo has been out for a long time.....you win with your draft....we all get that, and I'm sure Dorsey is aware of that too.

If you are smart with your money....you can also supplement with FA's to field a competitive team.

4 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Everyone so worried about their 0 win team being salary cap strapped.  How bout instead of having the most to spend every year, which has = the least talented team, we spend some of this d...ks money on some quality FA's???

Obviously the memo has been out for a long time.....you win with your draft....we all get that, and I'm sure Dorsey is aware of that too.

If you are smart with your money....you can also supplement with FA's to field a competitive team.

Kevin Zeitler
Jason McCourty
JC Tretter
Joel Bitonio
Christian Kirksey
Jamie Collins

all were either signed last year or got big contract extensions... so yeah.  your point falls flat on its face

dorsey got fired because he couldn't manage a salary cap.  teams in salary caps cant grow and they have to go through painful purging like we've gone through.  the titans went through it post their super bowl and are just getting back to prominence.. maybe.

Salary cap usage is important.  Its literally why people point to parity in the NFL that Baseball doesnt have.

11 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Kevin Zeitler
Jason McCourty
JC Tretter
Joel Bitonio
Christian Kirksey
Jamie Collins

all were either signed last year or got big contract extensions... so yeah.  your point falls flat on its face

dorsey got fired because he couldn't manage a salary cap.  teams in salary caps cant grow and they have to go through painful purging like we've gone through.  the titans went through it post their super bowl and are just getting back to prominence.. maybe.

Salary cap usage is important.  Its literally why people point to parity in the NFL that Baseball doesnt have.

I'm assuming that this is 100% why DePo is still here and will still continue to be here.

He's the numbers/analytics guy.

Dorsey has final say over the roster/draft.

Hue is the HC...for now.

Unfortunately all report to Haslem and there's no hierarchy.

25 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Kevin Zeitler
Jason McCourty
JC Tretter
Joel Bitonio
Christian Kirksey
Jamie Collins

Why do you constantly point out dudes that were picked up....which have lead to 0 wins?.....your argument falls flat on its face

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm assuming that this is 100% why DePo is still here and will still continue to be here.

He's the numbers/analytics guy.

Dorsey has final say over the roster/draft.

Hue is the HC...for now.

Unfortunately all report to Haslem and there's no hierarchy.

honestly i remember reading that depodesta was also brought in to make changes to how the organization runs.  i think he's proven quite explicitly that he has value.  did anyone notice our forced rotation of players on stationary bikes during the summer and the decrease in soft tissue injuries?  does anyone notice how healthy our team actually is comparative to the rest of the league?  this dude has shown that analyzing data works.  just need to read the data correctly.  

Archived