Case Keenum

Buffalo Fan

What do you think about the Buffalo Bills signing Case Keenum this offseason?  If I were the Bills I'd trade a QB with your first first round pick either KC or our own.  A kid like Rudoplh would be my choice then I'd try to sign Case Keenum to like a 3 year deal.  That would allow the Buffalo Bills to try and win next year while grooming our Franchise QB.  What do you think?  Also this allows Buffalo to not trade up in the draft using more picks on a QB and allow us to draft best player available after we select our QB.

Case Keenum would be your prototypical Buffalo mediocrity signing. If we draft say Lamar Jackson I'd rather Tyrod take the helm for another season.

I don't see us getting Rosen or Darnold so I'm focusing more on Jackson or Baker Mayfield as potential QB's. I would expect us to have a QB with similar skill sets to whatever rookie we select

Shall we sign Blaine Gabbert too as he has had a few good games?

Keenum has been terrible for 90% of his career, he now has a stud defence, a good O line and arguably the best pair of WRs in the league, and you wonder why he has hit a hot streak?

The only one of the Vikings QBs I would be even remotely interested in is Bridgewater. But given the news about Bradford doesnt sound great, Minnesota would crazy to not keep Teddy and Keenum

11 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Hell no lol. He's on an immensely talented team with great coaching on offense. We have Shady and absolutely nothing else on offense. He'd demand way too much money and we don't need a guy like that. We need a guy like McCown who can just take the beating while the rook sits and learns.

Basically how I feel. The cost isn't worth the limited improvement we'd have. If we want to spend that much on Case we might as well just go all in and try and sign Cousins. 

I'd rather we just keep Tyrod tbqh, what's the cap savings if we cut him? Enough to sign some ****ty journeyman so we win what, even less games next year?

Either go full tank or do your best to field competitive teams while you gather talent. Unless we get a surefire home run signing (and there isn't that this year) then why bother?

6 hours ago, BigMountainGoat said:

Shall we sign Blaine Gabbert too as he has had a few good games?

Keenum has been terrible for 90% of his career, he now has a stud defence, a good O line and arguably the best pair of WRs in the league, and you wonder why he has hit a hot streak?

The only one of the Vikings QBs I would be even remotely interested in is Bridgewater. But given the news about Bradford doesnt sound great, Minnesota would crazy to not keep Teddy and Keenum

I would do baaaaaaaaaad things for Teddy Bridgewater. He's a stud, people will see.

4 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Because he's as average as possible. Might as well just keep Tyrod.

Disagree.

Much better passer than Tyrod. But also slimmer and not as good of a runner IMO. If we signed him it better only be a 1 or 2 year deal and nothing more. I'd rather Keenum then Bridgewater

On 12/10/2017 at 3:11 PM, Trentwannabe said:

Disagree.

Much better passer than Tyrod. But also slimmer and not as good of a runner IMO. If we signed him it better only be a 1 or 2 year deal and nothing more. I'd rather Keenum then Bridgewater

You are never going to get a QB in FA with starting potential, on a 1 or 2 year contract in a league with QB desperate teams. You'll be lucky to get him with a 4 or 5 year offer.

11 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

IMO, Keenum is already keeping Teddy Bridgewater on the bench even though he is healthy, indicating to me, that Minny will sign keenum and send Bridgewater to FA.

So I doubt we will get a shot at Keenum.

Minnesota's wide receivers and O line is keeping Bridgwater on the bench not Keenum

Archived