Kickers

Rogerthat

A new topic and an overlooked need for the bears.  I’d like to start off by saying the kicker position is another indictment on Ryan pace.  Cutting Robbie was the right decision. His failure comes in not replacing him. Thinking Barth was a good option heading into this year was another in along line of miscalculation by pace. 

Free agents

Gramham Gano ~ 30 Year’s old good veteran kicker having a good season 23 of 24 

Ryan Succop ~ 31 Years old Titans kicker 17 84% 16 91% 15 87%. 

Chandler Catanzaro ~ 26 years old. Solid kicker career 84%

Caleb Sturgis ~ 28 years old  81% career

Dustin Hopkins ~ 27 years old 80% career

draft

Daniel Carlson Auburn ~ big kid  looks like a pro  has been highly ranked for a while   I would think he goes 4 to 6 round range 

Eddy Pineiro Florida ~ highly recruited by Bama, Miami and Florida as a juco two seasons of division I ball  has a big leg two good season with the gators  

Michael Bagley Miami ~ 15 of 18 this season long of 50 

I like caranzaro of the FA group. I like pineiro from the college ranks.  

45 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

A new topic and an overlooked need for the bears.  I’d like to start off by saying the kicker position is another indictment on Ryan pace.  Cutting Robbie was the right decision. His failure comes in not replacing him. Thinking Barth was a good option heading into this year was another in along line of miscalculation by pace. 

Free agents

Gramham Gano ~ 30 Year’s old good veteran kicker having a good season 23 of 24 

Ryan Succop ~ 31 Years old Titans kicker 17 84% 16 91% 15 87%. 

Chandler Catanzaro ~ 26 years old. Solid kicker career 84%

Caleb Sturgis ~ 28 years old  81% career

Dustin Hopkins ~ 27 years old 80% career

draft

Daniel Carlson Auburn ~ big kid  looks like a pro  has been highly ranked for a while   I would think he goes 4 to 6 round range 

Eddy Pineiro Florida ~ highly recruited by Bama, Miami and Florida as a juco two seasons of division I ball  has a big leg two good season with the gators  

Michael Bagley Miami ~ 15 of 18 this season long of 50 

I like caranzaro of the FA group. I like pineiro from the college ranks.  

My preference would be for a guy who has kicked predominantly outdoors which takes Catanzaro out for me (AZ). Frankly if we’re talking about next year I’d be totally fine with a healthy Santos. He’s on par with all those guys and has kicked his whole career in KC which is no picnic. 

No santos. He got an injury settlement from the Chiefs which he had to pass a pyshical. Another psychical to clear waivers and the third to sign with the bears. He plays a game and half and blows out the same groin.  The bears were his second chance you can’t go back to an injury prove kicker.  

Catanzano is kicking for the jets this season. 21 of 25 2 of 2 from 50+ Long 57 

1 hour ago, Rogerthat said:

No santos. He got an injury settlement from the Chiefs which he had to pass a pyshical. Another psychical to clear waivers and the third to sign with the bears. He plays a game and half and blows out the same groin.  The bears were his second chance you can’t go back to an injury prove kicker.  

Catanzano is kicking for the jets this season. 21 of 25 2 of 2 from 50+ Long 57 

It’s the first injury of Santos’ career and certainly one that will be fully healed well before 2018 starts. 

Do you think NY lets Catanzaro leave in FA anyway if they think he’s been really good this year? 

Archived