what are your mocks if kirk leaves?

LoganF89

I know a lot of you will not like this but if we lose kirk i rather us resign some of our guys and just roll into the draft. would rather build through the draft then sign a bunch of FAs

TRADE redskins swap 1st with jacksonville and pick up a 2nd and 4th round pick

1) Derrius Guice RB LSU-bell cow do it all back that this team desperately needs

2) Christian Kirk WR T A&M- another young WR to grow with a rookie QB

2) Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma-I know yall hate him but i love this guy and think he can be the guy with the right pieces

3) Kentavius Street DE NC st- guy is nasty and allows us to let mclain go

4) Kendall Joseph ILB Clemson- good value and a desperate need, could end up starting next to brown

4) Scott Quessenberry OG UCLA- another solid value pick that could be a day 1 guy

5) JT Barrett QB OSU- here is where you guys hate me. similar to how when we drafted RG and Kirk. I want insurance in case baker isnt the guy. It worked when we got kirk, hes a project

6) Devonte Boyd WR UNLV- more depth, i dont see quick coming back or pryor

7 )KC McDermott OT Miami- with the injuries to the o line we take a chance and see if he makes it. guy has a nasty streak

Depth chart looks something like this. if a guy isnt listed hes cut or not resigned

QB-Mayfield/Mccoy/Barrett

RB-Guice/Perine/Thompson

WR-Doctson/Kirk/Crowder/Grant/Harris/Boyd/Davis

TE-Reed/Davis/Sprinkle

LT-Williams/Nsyke

LG-Long/Quessenberry

C- Roullier

RG-Scherref/Koundgio

RT-Moses/McDermott

DE- Allen/Street

NT-Taylor/Mcgee

DE-Ionidis/Lanier

OLB-Kerrigan/Murphy

ILB- Brown/Speight

ILB -Joseph/Harvey-Clemons/Vigil

OLB-Smith/Anderson

CB-Norman/Moreau/Holsey

CB-Fuller/Dunbar

FS Swearinger/Smithson

SS Nicholson/Everett

K Rose

P Way

This is just a rough observation of the roster but if we lose kirk I do not want to spend in FA. would rather get younger. whats yalls off season look like if he walks?

The top thread which is pinned about the draft has many people's ideas on this.

I've been thinking lately and I'd do this:

Round 1: Da'Ron Payne, NT, Alabama

Round 2: Luke Falk, QB, Washington St

Round 3: Raquon Smith, ILB, Georgia

Round 4: Mike Webber, RB, Ohio St

Round 5: Drew Tranquill, S, Notre Dame

Round 6: Cole Madison, OT, Washington St

Round 7: Brandon Powell, WR, Florida

11 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

I don’t know much about Faulk but I’m on board with Smith and Payne, smith probably goes in the first round tho

Falk is a lot like Cousins. Same size about, good but not great arm strength. Pocket passer that doesn’t do many off scheduled plays. Usually takes what the defense gives him.

If Kirk decides to leave and I would assume this gets Bruce Allen fired, I'd Campbell and Williams do not overreact and continue building the defense and the running game. 

Round 1: Quenton Nelson OG Notre Dame

Round 2: Josh Allen ILB UK

Round 3: Dashawn Hand DE Alabama 

Not a very sexy draft. Nor does it answer the QB question but I think we'll be out of the running for any of the top guys so I don't want to see them reach. Make a play for McCarron in free agency and start running all over everybody. 

39 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

If Kirk decides to leave and I would assume this gets Bruce Allen fired, I'd Campbell and Williams do not overreact and continue building the defense and the running game. 

Round 1: Quenton Nelson OG Notre Dame

Round 2: Josh Allen ILB UK

Round 3: Dashawn Hand DE Alabama 

Not a very sexy draft. Nor does it answer the QB question but I think we'll be out of the running for any of the top guys so I don't want to see them reach. Make a play for McCarron in free agency and start running all over everybody. 

Bruce won’t get fired. The team would have to be 3-13 again for more than one year.

I don’t really want to take an OL in round 1 again, even if he’s got future pro bowler written on him like Scherff did.

I like the rest of your ideas. I’d actually take Payne in round 1 or Vita and then a C/G in round 3.

Btw, guys...if you'r doing trades make them realistic.

Right now we draft 11th and Jaguars draft 26th.

Trading down and only picking up the 2nd and 4th is not good value. We're getting hosed via draft pick value. Trading down that far I'd do the swap of firsts, a 2nd and next year's 1st.

10 hours ago, Slateman said:

Honestly, if Kirk leaves, my mock is one of two outcomes:

1. Snyder/Allen overpay for a QB (Manning, Dalton, Keenum, ect)

2. Snyder/Allen give up the draft to trade up to a Top 5 pick.

Neither of those guys need to be overpaid lol and we might not even have to trade up there's a few good prospect qb in this draft

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Bruce won’t get fired. The team would have to be 3-13 again for more than one year.

I don’t really want to take an OL in round 1 again, even if he’s got future pro bowler written on him like Scherff did.

I like the rest of your ideas. I’d actually take Payne in round 1 or Vita and then a C/G in round 3.

You never know turtle Cerrito got fired and now Allen next 

31 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Btw, guys...if you'r doing trades make them realistic.

Right now we draft 11th and Jaguars draft 26th.

Trading down and only picking up the 2nd and 4th is not good value. We're getting hosed via draft pick value. Trading down that far I'd do the swap of firsts, a 2nd and next year's 1st.

Realistic trade in a single team mock draft?  ARE YOU MAD???

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I think we're going to need a CB in the 1st.

I'm good with fuller and Norman although fuller been in the slot .

id take my chances with Dunbar .

but to me it's time for the redskins to get a RB or FA maybe .

at qb I feel like skins pursue Dalton .....

Archived