BDL 2017 Week 14: Oklahoma City Roadkill @ Louisiana Jazz

DingoLadd

who wins  

13 members have voted

1. 1. who wins

• Oklahoma City Raccoons.
    • Lousiana Jizz

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/13/2017 at 05:00 PM

BDL 2017 Week 14: 

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For people who have been following along and wish to vote: please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (GTD) are game-time decisions.

Oklahoma City Rogues

QB: Cam Newton
RB: Alex Collins

WR: Adam Thielen
WR: Mike Wallace
WR: Jeremy Maclin
TE: Jared Cook
LT: David Bakhtiari
LG: Wes Schweitzer
C: TJ Lang
RG: Le'Raven Clark
RT: Daryl Williams

RB: Latavius Murray
RB: Jonathan Stewart

RB: JD McKissic
FB: James Develin
WR: Taywan Taylor
WR: Laquon Treadwell
TE: Clive Walford
OL: Ereck Flowers

ROLB: Ryan Kerrigan

DT: Cameron Heyward
DT: Star Lotulelei
LOLB: Von Miller
LB: Eric Kendricks
LB: Kendell Beckwith
CB: Patrick Peterson
CB: Morris Claiborne
CB: Trevor Williams
FS: Jordan Poyer
SS: Andre Hal

OLB: Kony Ealy

DL: Tyeler Davison
DL: Carl Davis
LB: Darron Lee
CB: Brent Grimes
CB: Shaq Griffin
S: Reggie Nelson

Ah yeah. 

Offense:

QB: Tom Brady
RB: LeGarrette Blount
WR: Michael Thomas
WR: Doug Baldwin
WR: Emmanuel Sanders
TE: Zach Ertz

LT: Laremy Tunsil
LG: Josh Sitton
C: Travis Frederick
RG: Trai Turner
RT: Jack Conklin

RB2: Bilal Powell
RB3: James White
WR4: Jordy Nelson
WR5: Tyler Lockett
TE2: Eric Ebron
TE3: Dion Sims
OL6: Bobby Massie
OL7: JR Sweezy

Defense:

Edge: Jabaal Sheard
DE: Chris Jones
NT: Damon Harrison
DE: Jurrell Casey
Edge: Brian Orakpo
LB: Lawrence Timmons
LB/S: Reshad Jones
CB: Chris Harris Jr.
CB: Logan Ryan
CB: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
S: Eric Weddle

DE3: Cameron Wake
DE4: Bud Dupree
DT4: Tyrone Crawford
S: Antoine Bethea
LB3: Todd Davis
LB4: Craig Robertson

CB4: Davon House
CB5: Orlando Scandrick

We fired our head coach and all of his assistants. We fired our GM. We made scarecrow effigies of each one of them and threw them into a huge bonfire in front of thousands of our fans.

Offense:

Our offense has been undoubtedly the reason we are a non-playoff team this year. Basically every facet of our offense has been an issue at some point during the season. I feel like I put together a very good offensive line to start the season, but I ran across some bad luck and my lack of depth was exposed. The new Oklahoma City GM will hopefully have learned from these mistakes.

Our skill position players were an issue as well, but this should be improved heading into next season. Joe Mixon had a throwaway rookie year for the most part, but he has an optimistic trajectory. There are not too many true three-down and goalline backs in the league right now, and Mixon has already seized that role for Cincinnati. Alex Collins has also been a solid option all year, and he will make a great rotation back.

The old Oklahoma City regime made a lot of serious blunders at the WR position. Laquon Treadwell, Allen Hurns, Jeremy Maclin, Mike Wallace, etc., are all examples of very bad dart throws. I really feel like if even one of these had panned out, then my team would have looked much, much better alongside my stroke of genius move in Adam Thielen. However, this offseason, now with an established WR1 in Thielen, we can refocus our attention at this position and create a functional pass catching group for next year. Also, we have a lot of potentially unwarranted optimism for Taywan Taylor and his breakout year next year.

Against Louisiana we will run the ball and throw the ball.

Defense:

We believe that we have had a top tier defensive unit for the entire three years of the old Oklahoma City regime, and we will likely continue to keep our elite pass rushing core together. This year was also a great year for our secondary. Adding Jordan Poyer to go along with Malik Hooker and Adrian Amos gives us a trio of good safeties, and we now look deep at corner with Morris Claiborne, Trevor Williams, and Shaq Griffin all being viable starters. Our linebacker position could use an upgrade, but once we put our offense together correctly, this defense is going to deliver us a BizzBowl title.

Against Louisiana we will cover their receivers, pressure Brady, and stop the run.

Motivation:

Chance to secure the no.1 seed in front of a raucous home crowd in the Louisiana Superdome. OKC on the other hand has nothing to play for except draft position. We’re turning up to crush them.

Offense:

While not balanced entirely and definitely favouring the pass, we’ll look to establish a power run game up the middle against a defense that offers a lot more in terms of pass-rushing and stopping ability than against the run. Blount as our bruiser against an often lighter front should be able to continue his good form and make some continually strong gains. On offense the idea is to run the ball up the middle a fair bit since the favoured defensive formation of OKC tends to be quite light up front with a focus on the pass. Blount will get a fair few carries to do so.

In terms of the passing game, Brady will generally spread the ball around utilising everyone from the WRs to TEs to RBs. The focus will be a mixture of shotgun to get the ball out his hands quick and deeper drop backs which will let him step into the pocket and avoid OKC’s strength on D, which is the edge rush. Our receivers will generally rotate around playing snaps in both the slot and outside given they are all capable in each area. We don’t have any particular players we wish to pick on or avoid, but if necessary we’ll probably opt away from Patrick Peterson although since he’s likely to draw Michael Thomas or Baldwin, they’re both top 10 receivers and should win enough anyway.

Defense:

Essentially going to stick with the 5 man front against an OL that’s taken a beating throughout the year to really force Newton under pressure and to win it with his arm. Cameron Wake and Tyrone Crawford will rotate in quite often to ensure that our D is fresh on a snap to snap basis.  

With Jones & Timmons we should be able to take Cook out of the game plus any receiving option out of the backfield while being able to track Newton in case he does run. Given OKC has nothing to play for though we can’t them risking Cam Newton running it often and putting himself at risk of injury in a meaningless game.

In terms of coverage, CHJ will blanket Thielen, DRC on Wallace and Ryan on Maclin. The latter two are particularly strong matchups in our favour we feel and the first is a toss-up given Thielen’s excellent form, but CHJ is also as good as they come so we feel pretty good about that too. Otherwise there’s not a great deal to say and we’ll just let our talent do the talking.  

5 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

well, OKC spent the majority of his offensive write up telling me why his offense sucks...so Louisiana I guess

I sensationalized my team a lot in week 1 and people didn't like it. Since then I have only told the truth in my writeups.

Archived