Jump to content

Playoffs? We talking playoffs man.


Pastor Dillon

Recommended Posts

Who knows if we end up making it but it’s Thanksgiving, we are currently in the playoffs and we are going to be relevant in December so we might as well have a thread to keep up with it. 
 

right now my best guess is that it’s a 4 team race for 2 spots. 
 

texans
steelers
bills
Colts

now there’s some room to say that we could take the division spot by beating the Jags, I would still predict the Jags are safe and gonna win the division. If that changes we can adjust, but I’m gonna say the following 5 teams are safely gonna make it:

Chiefs
Ravens
Browns
Dolphins
Jags

I’m counting out the following teams that are still in the hunt:

Bengals - Joe Burrow Injury
Jets - Their offense is that bad 
Colts - they are overachieving so far and I feel like they will lose several going forward 

Chargers and Broncos are both still alive but they have dug a deep hole that I don’t think they can overcome  

we are really set up well to control our own fate  

1. we have 4 division games left, so we can take control of the division 

2. we already have tie breakers over some of these teams: Steelers, Bengals, 

3. We have the chance to play several of the teams head to head still: Jags, Colts, Browns, Jets. 
4. We have two games against the titans who are in full tank mode, even though they will play us hard. 
 

I am going to say that there’s very little chance the bills miss the playoffs. So our two options are gonna be A. Win the division or B. Take that 7th spot 

we need to win at least 4 more games to make the playoffs. 
 

that can be done with beating the titans twice, beating the colts and then winning one against the Broncos or Jets…… we could win 11 by beating both. 
 

that means the jags game and the browns game are not must wins for the playoffs but the jags is must win for the division. 
 

we got some help this week with the Bengals, Steelers, Chargers and raiders all losing and one of Jets/Bills losing today as well. 
 

so next week what we need is 

Texans over Jags
dolphins over Jets
Bengals over Steelers 
Bucs over Colts
Browns over broncos
chiefs over Raiders
Eagles over Bills
 

this would be an ideal week. 
 

now if we were to say win 6 of the next 7, we could then talk division or even 2/3 seed. 
 

bottom line is after next week we will either be sitting atop the division and feel good about the playoffs or we will lose and find ourselves in a battle for the wild card. 
 

my current predictions

1. Chiefs
2. Dolphins
3. Ravens
4. Jags
5. Browns
6. Texans 
7. Bills

Edited by Pastor Dillon
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Hot take: we win next week, we get the 2 seed

A home playoff game? Is... is this really on the table? 

Holy moly, I still can't believe this is reality.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/19/2023 at 5:13 PM, Pastor Dillon said:

Browns over broncos

Really? 

I don't know, I think I'd prefer it if the Browns lost. I'm not particularly threatened by either, but the Browns are currently a game ahead of us. The fact that we'll get a crack at both of them before the season's over feels good. 

Everything is right in front of us man. We play almost every team that could prevent us from earning a spot. As long as we take care of business, we're in baby. 

If we make it, I dono, this season feels like somehow better than 2011 did. I feel like Stroud could have us playing in an AFC Championship game or something if he gets hot at the right time, similarly to how Mahomes started off his career. Maybe I need to come back down to earth but, I dono yall this team feels different. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

Really? 

I don't know, I think I'd prefer it if the Browns lost. I'm not particularly threatened by either, but the Browns are currently a game ahead of us. The fact that we'll get a crack at both of them before the season's over feels good. 

Everything is right in front of us man. We play almost every team that could prevent us from earning a spot. As long as we take care of business, we're in baby. 

If we make it, I dono, this season feels like somehow better than 2011 did. I feel like Stroud could have us playing in an AFC Championship game or something if he gets hot at the right time, similarly to how Mahomes started off his career. Maybe I need to come back down to earth but, I dono yall this team feels different. 

From a draft standpoint, I’d like the Browns to lose often of course. I’m just looking at the records and thinking the Browns are most likely in, so the broncos are a threat to take our spot, so a loss for them helps take them out of our way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

From a draft standpoint, I’d like the Browns to lose often of course. I’m just looking at the records and thinking the Browns are most likely in, so the broncos are a threat to take our spot, so a loss for them helps take them out of our way. 

You're looking at the bottom of the seeding chart, I'm looking at the top. I'm gunning for that 1 seed baby W00!

Edited by PAtexansFAN_99
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Sunday against Denver is nearly a must win for us. 

I don't see a scenario where we lose this one and still make the playoffs. This is where Ryans has to have the group ready to go full bore. Truth be told, this is going to be Stroud's toughest game - Surtain is going to erase either Tank or Nico, so he has to be smart with distribution of his passes. Noah Brown back on the field would help a ton.

Defensively... it would be nice to have Ward back in the lineup. Secondary really needs his veteran eyes calling out assignments. Also, is Denzel Perryman back yet? I forget if his suspension is lifted this game or next game; He sniffs out the screen game well, which is what killed us yesterday. There is a clear lack of football IQ with those two missing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I don't see a scenario where we lose this one and still make the playoffs. This is where Ryans has to have the group ready to go full bore. Truth be told, this is going to be Stroud's toughest game - Surtain is going to erase either Tank or Nico, so he has to be smart with distribution of his passes. Noah Brown back on the field would help a ton.

Defensively... it would be nice to have Ward back in the lineup. Secondary really needs his veteran eyes calling out assignments. Also, is Denzel Perryman back yet? I forget if his suspension is lifted this game or next game; He sniffs out the screen game well, which is what killed us yesterday. There is a clear lack of football IQ with those two missing.

The good news is that Denver has won 5 straight and it’s real hard to win 6. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...