QB's 1,2,3,4.

Kiwibrown

I wouldnt say QB is an ASCENDING asset since its already easily the most valuable and cant really ascend much more in terms of value.

And while everyone has their own rankings of prospects, personally, there is no way I would call those 4 the top prospects.    Rosen is the only one in the top 10 IMO.  Darnold is barely a first round talent IMO.    Mayfield and Jackson are 2nd/3rd round talents IMO.    I know many would disagree and thats fine.....but as NFL prospects, I dont see how anyone could rank any of them in the top 4-5, but thats me.

13 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I wouldnt say QB is an ASCENDING asset since its already easily the most valuable and cant really ascend much more in terms of value.

And while everyone has their own rankings of prospects, personally, there is no way I would call those 4 the top prospects.    Rosen is the only one in the top 10 IMO.  Darnold is barely a first round talent IMO.    Mayfield and Jackson are 2nd/3rd round talents IMO.    I know many would disagree and thats fine.....but as NFL prospects, I dont see how anyone could rank any of them in the top 4-5, but thats me.

Sweet as!

Not if the niners / Bucs pick in the top 4. The Niners are going to roll with Jimmy G, I can't see the Bucs giving up on Winston just yet. They could trade out of those picks, obviously, but I find it unlikely that teams are going to make that move. 

22 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think that Quarterback is an ascending asset in the NFL. Is it possible that the top 4 players of this draft are a combination of darnold, rosen, Mayefeild, and Lamar Jackon?

IMO, 3 of the top 5 picks are very likely to be QB's, but Mayfield might have to wait a while in round 1 to hear his name called, especially if he disappoints when they measure his height at the Combine, if he comes in under 6'???

Things always seem to shake-up between the final bowl game and the combine, and then again leading up to the draft.  The public opinion is "having at it" right now since the pro-scouts/pseudo-scouts (media scouts) are laying dormant. 

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if 3 QBs come off the board in the first 10 picks in this upcoming draft. 

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:51 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

Why is that?

3 hours ago, ///mcompact said:

Things always seem to shake-up between the final bowl game and the combine, and then again leading up to the draft.  The public opinion is "having at it" right now since the pro-scouts/pseudo-scouts (media scouts) are laying dormant. 

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if 3 QBs come off the board in the first 10 picks in this upcoming draft. 

I think that is almost a guarantee unless 3 of the 5 possible 1st round QBs fall quite a bit or just decide not to come out.  Rosen and Darnold are more than likely locks in the top 10, then it's very easy to see Allen, Mayfield, or Jackson making it into the top 10.  I could see a situation where all 5 are taken in the top 10, though very unlikely.

It would have to be a perfect storm of things to have happen for QB's to go 1-4. You would need:

1. Arguably the best QB class of all time. Conservatively, each of these 1-4 guys would be a 1st round lock and Top 10 overall prospect.

2. EACH of the 4 teams at the top, whether it be original or via trade up, would need a franchise QB

3. EACH of the 4 teams at the top refuse to get one via free agency

4. EACH of the 4 teams at the top refuse to draft the best NON QB player available in the entire draft.

55 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It would have to be a perfect storm of things to have happen for QB's to go 1-4. You would need:

1. Arguably the best QB class of all time. Conservatively, each of these 1-4 guys would be a 1st round lock and Top 10 overall prospect.

2. EACH of the 4 teams at the top, whether it be original or via trade up, would need a franchise QB

3. EACH of the 4 teams at the top refuse to get one via free agency

4. EACH of the 4 teams at the top refuse to draft the best NON QB player available in the entire draft.

This is an interesting point because there really isn’t a consensus top non QB talent that is pushing for #1 like in years past. There isn’t a Myles Garrett or Clowney. I think top is pushing it but I could definitely see 1-3 if there are some tradebacks with SF most likely swapping out with a QB needy team. If the top 3 (in some order) is Cleveland, NYG, and Jets/Redskins/Jags then I could see a top 3 of all QBs. Doubtful, but possible. 4 in a row is pushing it. 

Archived