The Final Stretch Mock

Sugashane

6 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

I'd be surprised if the McCaskeys allow any risky players like Gordon to be signed, although up to this point he's never been in trouble with the law for anything except pot, he's not been a danger to anyone other than himself (obviously I know that pot itself isn't dangerous, just an expression).  

Also, I'm still not really on board with DeFillipo.  I wouldn't hate the signing, but people keep saying how much of  a history he has at developing QB's, but really all I see is this year with Wentz, and 1 year with Carr.  Apart from that, theres almost no sustained history of success, and he only has a single season in the NFL under his belt as a playcaller.  Just because he's a good QB coach doesn't make him a good playcaller.  Reich is the guy I would prefer, he has been a strong playcaller, and coached Rivers and Manning during some of their best season, as well as now. More experience, and was a backup behind Jim Kelly, so he's got gameday QB experience as well as being a playcaller.  I definitely feel he's the stronger candidate.

As far as this mock goes, I think I would also prefer a little more OL help.  Otherwise I'd be mostly happy with it.

DeFilippo requires digging into his history, players he has coached and coaches with whom he has worked have all said he's going to be a future head coach. He's very, very detail oriented, he has an innate ability to connect with his players at a personal level, but he's also a straight shooter and will light your rear-end up if that's what is needed.

His one year of playcalling for the Cleveland Browns ended with 4,156 yards passing, 20 TDs/12 INTs, and 1,529 yards rushing. That's impressive especially considering that roster.

Reich does nothing for me, personally. 

3 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

pretty sure gordon had a year of his contract accrue, meaning he wont be a FA this year

Dammit. You're right. I thought that happened only if he first played AFTER week 13. Thought we just skated by.

Then I guess go all in for Adams, since Watkins is going nowhere.

3 hours ago, G08 said:

DeFilippo requires digging into his history, players he has coached and coaches with whom he has worked have all said he's going to be a future head coach. He's very, very detail oriented, he has an innate ability to connect with his players at a personal level, but he's also a straight shooter and will light your rear-end up if that's what is needed.

His one year of playcalling for the Cleveland Browns ended with 4,156 yards passing, 20 TDs/12 INTs, and 1,529 yards rushing. That's impressive especially considering that roster.

Reich does nothing for me, personally. 

That offense was inferior to what we fielded Sunday as well IMO. This is why he is my top choice. I like him more than I did Gase, McDaniels, or any other HC prospect available since we missed on Arians.

Archived