Alabama Crimson Tide Thread

I_GET_SAX

On 10/7/2017 at 9:19 PM, NickSabansHat said:

Dunno if I agree with this. This game alone he had two deep throws right on the money lost because of dpi (one obvious but uncalled).

But yeah, OLine was shaky.

I thought Mack looked really good coming off the edge a couple of weeks back. Could just be cause it was Vandy but I was hoping to see more of that. Pass rush is indeed anemic.

I missed a good bit of the game so maybe I missed something with Sims? I've seen a lot of people calling him out.

In general I think we were due one of these games. Just glad it didn't end in a loss like OU earlier today.

Hurts had one deep ball that was gorgeous which was the one on the endzone to Foster with the PI.  But what about the other one to Foster that was downright ugly and spun Foster around?  I know theflag would've negated the score but you gotta connect there. 

As far as Sims, he such a lazy blocker.  There was one play where if Sims makes even a half decent block, Ridley would've gone for 6.  For his size, he can't seem to get any separation or use his size to his advantage.  Whatever happened to Raheem Falkins?  

3 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Hurts had one deep ball that was gorgeous which was the one on the endzone to Foster with the PI.  But what about the other one to Foster that was downright ugly and spun Foster around?  I know theflag would've negated the score but you gotta connect there. 

The other one I was referring to was the deep throw to Smith in the 2nd quarter. Ball is where it should be, the defender is grabbing Smith's jersey for like ten yards. Obvious DPI goes uncalled.

On October 15, 2017 at 3:07 PM, NickSabansHat said:

I'm kinda surprised Butch hasn't been shown the door yet after yesterday's game. How do you put up that awful of a performance with your back against the wall?

I hope Butch stays forever.  LoL

• Like 1

Pretty lethargic first half by the offense. Hurts could not find any rhythm and missed some easy passes.  Ridley was getting pissed.  Tennessee's front 7 played tough and made Harris and Bo really earn their yds.  Some foolish penalties by their D really helped us out. 

The awful pick6 aside, Tua looked awesome yet again. The future is very bright.  That spin move to get out of trouble is nasty!

Our D is awesome.  They played exceptional and even bailed special teams out with that goal line stand.  Payne put them in a bad spot too with that roughing the passer play but I think all the staff, players and fans felt okay with it.  LoL.  Mack Wilson coming up huge yet again.

Rashaan Evans getting healthier and faster is bad news for opponents.  He's a heat seeking missile ready to strike.  

Deionte Thompson continuing to shine off the bench.  I would love to see him supplant the underachieving Hootie Jones at some point.   

More drama with the punt returners.  I had just said out loud to my wife that I was glad to see Xavian Marks get a turn (after weeks of calling for him) and then he fumbled the ball too.  Ugh. 

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/page/alabama_1992_national_championship.html

Such a magical season which broke the long drought between championships.  It's especially important to me as it was my freshman year at Bama.  I went to every home game and snuck into the SECCG (the first one!) at Legion Field in Birmingham.  Still the best defense I've ever seen and a bunch of great college players like David "Deuce" Palmer.  Antonio Langham's pick6 against Auburn and then again vs Florida in the SECCG.  A whole bunch of us ran down to the Florida section mocking them with Gator chomps.  It was awesome.

Last came the Natty that no one outside of SEC country gave us a chance to win against a dominant Miami team.  But we destroyed them! That defense was phenomenal and included my all time favorite defensive play to this day:

"The Strip" (1:11)

he was at least 7 yds behind him and not only ran him down, but jacked the ball!  Lamar Thomas was supposed to be the fastest WR in the country and his draft stock plummeted after that game.  Teague also had a pick6!

Here's more of the game for you youngsters. LoL

Also, I'm very comfortable in saying there's only one clear candidate to succeed Saban when he eventually retires:

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=21144369

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Best RB corps in the nation and they get 18 total carries.  6 for Harris, 6 for Bo and 6 for Jacobs.  Harris was gashing them in the 2nd half.  Where are the carries??  Our OC is a bum.

Hurts was terrible.  No wonder Ridley is always pissed off at him.   Bozeman WTF dude?   Officiating was awful but we beat ourselves.   

We still have a shot at the playoffs if the chips fall right but our MO after losing late in the season is crapping the bed in our bowl game. 

Edited by thrILL!
Sp.