Tanking

Big T

6 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Ummm yes he is. The guy does not know anything about the O side of the ball. That means he knows 50% of the game. That is bad right there. He has no clue what to do like start Wilson sit Wilson start Wilson sit Wilson. He is terrible at making a decison from who should start and who should sit. Saleh OL is just horrible. Oh Saleh also has the worse O IN NFL HISTORY!!! There is zero reason to bring this guy back. I don't care how good the D is, there is a ton of good HC that can run a top 5 D but can't run the O. 

He was brought in to be a CEO type HC. Not an offensive or defensive only HC. Do offensive minded HC’s know anything about D?  As for the QB situation, that is not necessarily his failing. He was given those three hot pieces of garbage and is trying to make it work. Same for OL.

The poor O showing rests squarely on JD, Hackett and injuries. None of which Saleh had any control over.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xrade said:

He was brought in to be a CEO type HC. Not an offensive or defensive only HC. Do offensive minded HC’s know anything about D?  As for the QB situation, that is not necessarily his failing. He was given those three hot pieces of garbage and is trying to make it work. Same for OL.

The poor O showing rests squarely on JD, Hackett and injuries. None of which Saleh had any control over.

I disagree with regard to offensive line. I have a ton of questions as to what kind of blocking schemes they are using and with the amount of injuries they're having on the line, I feel like the schemes need to be simplified.

There is no reason that, over the course of multiple seasons, nearly every lineman has been worse than they were on any other line they've been a part of.

This staff simply cannot teach or develop effective blocking schemes.

• Like 1

Let me be clear on this, benching Zach I could understand, IF, you had a capable backup to regulate Zach to the bench in an attempt to have him clear his head and perhaps allow him to gather his football thoughts and return at some point and resume playing respectfully.

But what the Jets did or should I say Saleh did, and I doubt this was all his doing, but one never knows is to make him your 3rd string QB?

THIRD STRING QB? ARE YOU SERIOUS? This is a player who for before the losing streak along with the defense, no matter how bad the O was. You were riding his coat tails. 

Saleh was tanking, the Jets were tanking, and what was the outcome 2 loses and you cut the starter Boyles outright, not only is he not a back up or back up material, he isn't even 3rd string material. He is fodder. Talk about blatant disrespect.

Zach was disrespected, and as bad as Boyles was and was undeserving to be a backup, instead of making him third string you cut him outright. How on earth any of the Jets brass can look themselves in the mirror is beyond me.

Zach as broken as he is, as bad as he is, is still and has been the best option for the Jets, the kid can sling the ball and he has won games for them, and as far as the O is concerned, we all know how bad the WR room is, Rb room is, how banged up the OL is, and Hackett only has a job or for that matter the rest of the Jets organization because of A.R.

Saleh is texting Joe B. boohooing to him, conversing with a guy who lies on air, THEN, goes back on air and says, I apologize, I didn't exactly say it like Saleh said it when he texted me.

What the hell is Saleh texting anyone in the media for? If you want to look for the leaker, maybe we should look no further than Saleh himself. 

Losing is one thing, having a team rife with injuries is one thing, losing but leaving everything on the field is one thing.

But from what I have witnessed the last 2 weeks, it is obvious to me, when you make your starter a third string QB and unable to enter a game, when you're dying on the field offensively. Then cut your replacement QB or backup outright, it tells me you don't have a clue about running this team and you thought so highly of Boyles that he was given a pink slip.

Can T.S or Rypien feel any job security on this team? Signed, cut, made third string, back to starter, maybe back to 3rd string, maybe a back up, or cut. I guess the only reason Zach wasn't cut outright was they would have to still pay him millions as he sits at home and continues to watch the Jets staff implode. 

Aaron Rodgers is right, all this news be it real or true should be settled in house, leaks are a cancer throwing a fellow player under the bus is the same. 

Rodgers is right, it has to stop. The sad thing is, the Origen could be traced right back to the top.

27 minutes ago, Big T said:

Let me be clear on this, benching Zach I could understand, IF, you had a capable backup to regulate Zach to the bench in an attempt to have him clear his head and perhaps allow him to gather his football thoughts and return at some point and resume playing respectfully.

But what the Jets did or should I say Saleh did, and I doubt this was all his doing, but one never knows is to make him your 3rd string QB?

THIRD STRING QB? ARE YOU SERIOUS? This is a player who for before the losing streak along with the defense, no matter how bad the O was. You were riding his coat tails. 

Saleh was tanking, the Jets were tanking, and what was the outcome 2 loses and you cut the starter Boyles outright, not only is he not a back up or back up material, he isn't even 3rd string material. He is fodder. Talk about blatant disrespect.

Zach was disrespected, and as bad as Boyles was and was undeserving to be a backup, instead of making him third string you cut him outright. How on earth any of the Jets brass can look themselves in the mirror is beyond me.

Zach as broken as he is, as bad as he is, is still and has been the best option for the Jets, the kid can sling the ball and he has won games for them, and as far as the O is concerned, we all know how bad the WR room is, Rb room is, how banged up the OL is, and Hackett only has a job or for that matter the rest of the Jets organization because of A.R.

Saleh is texting Joe B. boohooing to him, conversing with a guy who lies on air, THEN, goes back on air and says, I apologize, I didn't exactly say it like Saleh said it when he texted me.

What the hell is Saleh texting anyone in the media for? If you want to look for the leaker, maybe we should look no further than Saleh himself. 

Losing is one thing, having a team rife with injuries is one thing, losing but leaving everything on the field is one thing.

But from what I have witnessed the last 2 weeks, it is obvious to me, when you make your starter a third string QB and unable to enter a game, when you're dying on the field offensively. Then cut your replacement QB or backup outright, it tells me you don't have a clue about running this team and you thought so highly of Boyles that he was given a pink slip.

Can T.S or Rypien feel any job security on this team? Signed, cut, made third string, back to starter, maybe back to 3rd string, maybe a back up, or cut. I guess the only reason Zach wasn't cut outright was they would have to still pay him millions as he sits at home and continues to watch the Jets staff implode. 

Aaron Rodgers is right, all this news be it real or true should be settled in house, leaks are a cancer throwing a fellow player under the bus is the same. 

Rodgers is right, it has to stop. The sad thing is, the Origen could be traced right back to the top.

I agree with some here but I disagree here. Zach has only won maybe 3 or 4 games in his career and cost the Jets 20 plus loses. The guy is terrible. He can't read a D and that falls right on him and him only. He needs to study film day in and day out to read the D. You can say all the things about how bad the OL is but when Zach has time he makes terrible throws or just throws it to his first read no matter what. The guy is a bum. We don't have a QB on the roster that will career this team. I know Rodgers could but he is not making 17 starts plus playoffs. 

13 hours ago, drew39k said:

There is no reason that, over the course of multiple seasons, nearly every lineman has been worse than they were on any other line they've been a part of.

Maybe, but let's not confuse SF Tomlinson playing between All-Pros and Detroit Tomlinson who sucked.  As for other FA OL, outside of Moses, none were really great players when we signed them.  Most were last minute emergency signings and there is a reason they were still on the market.  I am not saying the coaches should not have gotten more out of them including Saleh, but lets also not pretend we brought in top notch players.

2 hours ago, xrade said:

Maybe, but let's not confuse SF Tomlinson playing between All-Pros and Detroit Tomlinson who sucked.  As for other FA OL, outside of Moses, none were really great players when we signed them.  Most were last minute emergency signings and there is a reason they were still on the market.  I am not saying the coaches should not have gotten more out of them including Saleh, but lets also not pretend we brought in top notch players.

I feel like we've also seen players who couldn't block here go elsewhere and become competent blockers.

Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like, with the amount of bodies we've thrown at the line you'd expect at least a few to be adequate. 

5 hours ago, drew39k said:

I feel like we've also seen players who couldn't block here go elsewhere and become competent blockers.

Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like, with the amount of bodies we've thrown at the line you'd expect at least a few to be adequate. 

Coaching absolutely plays a role but there has to be something there to work with. Coaches can make good players great but poor players will only get a little less poor.

As for players going elsewhere and doing well, if they are going somewhere with talent on the OL their deficiencies will be hidden. On our team they are highlighted. Again, Tomlinson looked good next to Williams and the OC on SF. On our team he was exposed. 

On 12/6/2023 at 11:09 AM, xrade said:

Outside of Tennessee in 2021, name one.

Well he did pretty good against KC this year, and the Texas game is also a reminder, that the kid does have talent. The jury is out on if he can do it Sunday after Sunday. Fortunately or unfortunately the Jets will not pay him 23 million for a 5th year option to ride the pine for AR. 

Pennywise the Jets have to move on, and don't be surprised somewhere in the draft or in FA the Jets pick up a competent QB to back up AR.

The question going into the Miami game in Miami is can the Jets pull another rabbit out of the hat.

18 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

I’d forget about tanking. As we just learned this week, it’s not in the Jets DNA. 

If it wasn't tanking, and I would have to agree with you, then it was just bad, no not bad, then it was an absolute outing of management, that they haven't a clue on how to coach.

Whoever, WHOEVER, it was, whoever's decision it was to demote Zach to 3rd string, knowing how bad the backup was, that he shouldn't have even been on the team, FORGET T.S. as a back up to the back up while Zach was hanging in limbo.

Then the Jets HC saying, "At this point I haven't made a decision" what a load of dung. He should have said, I don't have a clue what I'm doing. If AR wasn't in the building, Saleh would be looking for a DC position because he would be out of a job.

Wilson was demoted to 3rd string so he took mental and physical break.   Unfortunately, as it has been acknowledged, Jets' backup qbs don't cut out for competitive games.   Saleh has proved the point that Wilson in fact is their best quarterback on the team sans Rodgers.