Redskins vs chargers GAME THREAD

Dashing202

On 12/12/2017 at 1:10 AM, Doc Draper said:

our defense has given up the most points in the league. We need to address that and the offensive line that gets no push. If Kirk leaves and I have always believed he would leave because he's smart we need to resist drafting "skill" positions high in the draft. We need to start over and build the trenches and defense first.

We also have a fundamental problem with the OL- we have a bad scheme that:

1. doesn't value a blocking tight end

2. doesn't even have a fullback 

yeah- its very arena ball and that should not be a surprise with dumbo (who is one of the most likable guys and one of the dumbest offensive coaches)

3. We have a right tackle that is terrible at run blocking. This is usually the spot of your best run blocker. Moses is a LT- better at pass blocking. 

4. A terrible LG

our current coaches never change personal or adjust during the games. so to solve this we need a new start.

rounds 1-3 draft the best defensive and Ol talent and try to sign a free agent QB to compete with McCoy. 

1. Our D was average, and trending on getting better than average before Foster, Jon Allen, Nicholson, Ioannidis and Norman all got hurt after the first few weeks of the season. Foster might not be back, but I’m certain the others will be or already are. They make a huge difference and the young 3 will improve.

2. Yes, we need a blocking TE. Cutting Paulsen was stupid after he spent 2015 on IR. We missed him in 2015 and have ever sense. Hopefully Sprinkle is that dude but I’m not sold yet. 

3. It’s Callahan’s choice to not have a full back. He didn’t use one on Dallas and since he’s gone they now use one. The Gruden’s love using FBs, especially leaking out of the backfield. In 2014 Gruden used DY a lot; DY had one of his best seasons in 2014 as a receiver and short yardage guy.

4. We don’t run the ball enough for our OL to develop chemistry as a unit as run blockers. It’s why we are inconsistent- especially on short yardage - when Gruden sticks to the run more our guys perform well. They did so at the Rams and when Perine went over 100 yards in back to back games vs the vaunted Vikings D & at the Saints.

5. We’re average at LG if Lauvao is healthy but his health since 2015 has been an issue. We should upgrade him if we can, but if the LG market is too expensive, I’m not opposed to bringing him back and also drafting a mid round guard to compete with Kouandjio, Kalis & Catalina for those two back up spots. We also should re-sign Long, I don’t think he’ll be too expensive either.

6. I wouldn’t say our coaches never adjust but they’re could certainly do a better job. An ex-player on the radio once said halftime for the team basically is only 5 to 8 minutes for coaches to address the issues they may have had in the first half after players get treatment for injuries, retaped, go to the restroom etc.

7. I’ll continue to believe in the draft it’s best to go best player available in a position we need. If Kirk is gone then I don’t think there’s any doubt that we’ll draft a qb in round 1 or 2. If Gruden is gone, McCoy is probably gone too so we’d have 2 new Qbs next year and that sounds like such a FUN season!

*sarcasm*

Edited by turtle28

On 12/14/2017 at 11:47 AM, Dashing202 said:

I really would like to improve the DL still. Like an elite NT in the draft I tried to hide it but our goal line stand and short yard situations have been a killer all year we need to get some really big dudes 

knighton wasn't great but he did fill the NT decebt

Knighton was out of shape and soft in 2015. There’s a reason why Denv didn’t want him anymore and why he didn’t get a long term deal. He’s Albert Haynesworth he was lazy and ate himself out of the league. Thank good Allen didn’t give him a long term deal in 2015.

15 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

msdbato_ec001_h.jpg

are we back in 2010 again?  This is the argument I have heard so many times, but maybe I just had some bad scotch and its really 2010 again? Wow, I wonder if Mindy is still dancing (and using her many special talents and ASSets in the VIP club). :)

You mean 09? The Zorn year when it all fell apart? I don’t think so. Unlike in 09 when we also had a crazy amount of injuries, this year we have a lot of young talent on our team that is developing and a better qb that we should be building around for the future. In 09 we had an old team that was falling apart and wasn’t being aided and rebuilt well through the draft because the 08 draft was the worst in team history and Snyder/Cerrato signed Haynesworth that 09 offseason, the worst signing in Redskins history.