Week 14: Jets at Broncos

rdelaney89

I'm more frustrated by the logic of this team then anything... I mean if they are starting mccown because they want to win, well this game was super important because they needed the win to keep the playoff hopes alive. So why in the hell are they running the clock out down by 20. Why completely give up on a game with 12 minutes still left to play and the defense still making stops. 

To run the clock out like they did without even trying to make something is such a slap in the face of the defense that was out there trying to keep us in it. 

11 minutes ago, drew39k said:

I'm more frustrated by the logic of this team then anything... I mean if they are starting mccown because they want to win, well this game was super important because they needed the win to keep the playoff hopes alive. So why in the hell are they running the clock out down by 20. Why completely give up on a game with 12 minutes still left to play and the defense still making stops. 

To run the clock out like they did without even trying to make something is such a slap in the face of the defense that was out there trying to keep us in it. 

I believe the phrase was "McCown gives us the best chance to win" after watching this game I have no reason to doubt that. As far as not taking a timeout before half, we were going to get the ball back and hadn't been playing well, not overly concerned with that decision. If we had some success on offense then I'd probably have said take one more shot. 

It's going to be a long last 3 weeks.

3 hours ago, drew39k said:

I agree. It was,imo, disgraceful.  What bothered me almost as much was that it seemed like Bowles gave up before the first half was over. We had 3 time outs and would have gotten the ball with about a minute to go. Instead we just let the clock run out 

55 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

I agree. It was,imo, disgraceful.  What bothered me almost as much was that it seemed like Bowles gave up before the first half was over. We had 3 time outs and would have gotten the ball with about a minute to go. Instead we just let the clock run out 

It's not like we've done well in the two minute drill this year, I'm not sure that's giving up. I think there is argument for giving up once Petty came in but 2/9 and 14 yards could do that to you.

7 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

It's not like we've done well in the two minute drill this year, I'm not sure that's giving up. I think there is argument for giving up once Petty came in but 2/9 and 14 yards could do that to you.

The idea that because because we’re not good at running the two minute drill we shouldn’t try it, is just bad. On any given play Anderson, or anyone really, could have beaten the defense and put  us in field goal range. A score at the half could have impacted our play in the 2nd.  Not even attempting to score at that point was poor coaching. 

IMO Bowles gave up on the team.

8 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Bowles sucks. Why would this surprise anyone? He has no balls, none.

Jamal Adams calling out teammates practice habits? This continuous crap has to stop.

Am I crazy for saying I've been underwhelmed by Adams? Maye looks superior. 

8 minutes ago, K-Ro 25 said:

He’s been a good player. Not the demi god guys here make him out to be. You could definitely argue Maye has been better. 

I expect Adams to make a big jump in year 2 though.

19 minutes ago, K-Ro 25 said:

I agree. He hasn’t been a liability but hasn’t been a difference maker either. Like you stated I se Maye making more plays then him on average. When you spend 2 high picks on 2 starters... we should have gotten more out of them as rookies. Neither bad but neither good. No where even close to DROY type play.

1 hour ago, Rich51 said:

The idea that because because we’re not good at running the two minute drill we shouldn’t try it, is just bad. On any given play Anderson, or anyone really, could have beaten the defense and put  us in field goal range. A score at the half could have impacted our play in the 2nd.  Not even attempting to score at that point was poor coaching. 

IMO Bowles gave up on the team.

If you feel like McCown may be more abt to turn the ball over and give Denver another chance to score before half then there is more of a reason to not push the envelope. Look at the time of possession, it's not like we were getting first downs to run the clock out. They still had timeouts. If you think a field goal would have generated a butterfly effect then I suppose I have no way of arguing that other than saying a field goal still would of put us down by 3 possessions (the same as without it) however any points towards the broncos would have been 4 possessions.

if McCown turns the ball over we would be complaining about how Bowles should have gone in at half and recouped. This was a lose lose IMO given how both sides were playing.

Archived