Raiders to release CB Marcus Peters

RaidersAreOne

Not surprising. Peters's volatile personality, bad attitude, and lack of effort, particularly when it comes to tackling, were difficult enough to put up with when he was at the top of his game. I can't imagine they've gotten easier to deal with as he's declined.

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

He's played okay this year. He's not fully washed unless it happened in the last couple of weeks. I know Detroit could use him, but I'm guessing there are a bunch of teams that could use a decent corner with his size and big play ability.

He wouldn't fit with the culture of the team. He's a me me me guy that only gives effort when he feels like it. No way MCDC and Co. would put up with his BS.

Bad part is he could've been one of the greats imo. Dude is a crazy good ball hawk but somewhere down the line he decided that's all he wants to do, not tackle, not play within a scheme. He just wants the glory plays only.

His tantrums got old when he was a younger player, eventually he's gotta grow up.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

You have low standards for CB play. He’s been bad. Not terrible, but bad. Not “fine”. Combine bad with piss poor attitude and you gotta go. 

I'm a Raider fan lol. Marcus Peters is one of the better ones we've had in a hot minute, maybe since Nnamdi? Nate Hobbs is the best of the recent... then maybe Casey Heyward? But post Nnamdi to now who is been better than Peters? David Amerson? Trayvon Mullen? Daryl Worley? Gareon Conley? TJ Carrie? Sean Smith? I'd say relative to what we watch, Peters was fine. He'd be a number two on more than a few teams and he was a number two here. It's fine. He's not bad. We've had bad.

6 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I'm a Raider fan lol. Marcus Peters is one of the better ones we've had in a hot minute, maybe since Nnamdi? Nate Hobbs is the best of the recent... then maybe Casey Heyward? But post Nnamdi to now who is been better than Peters? David Amerson? Trayvon Mullen? Daryl Worley? Gareon Conley? TJ Carrie? Sean Smith? I'd say relative to what we watch, Peters was fine. He'd be a number two on more than a few teams and he was a number two here. It's fine. He's not bad. We've had bad.

Stop comparing to the Raiders past and compare to the league, that’s your issue. This is why many Raider fans didn’t wanna let Carr go, they kept comparing our past QB situation instead of comparing to the league.

On 11/27/2023 at 9:42 AM, Trojan said:

eh he's been fine just can't play the run

He never could.  Or...more accurately, never would😆

Curious if he's got one last little revival in him.  Seems to have done that through his career.  Bouncing from being good, to being bad, back to being rejuvenated and good again, back to being bad.  Largely seems contingent on how the team as a whole is doing.  Seems like the sort of personality/mentality that needs to be on a good team to keep himself focused at all.  Becomes a top tier distraction with his attitude and demeanor when he's not.