NFC Playoff Picture - ONE Week Left

packfanfb

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Haha we're gonna win the North aren't we

Detroit has a rough schedule to end the year.

With how they've been playing I could see them going 1-3.  

Packers just need to stay focused and the 3 seed is possible

27 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Haha we're gonna win the North aren't we

Probably not.  But we are going to finish better than we thought about a month ago.  And we are probably also going to make the playoffs. Winning a couple of games at the end of 2006 helped the next season.  And making the playoffs in 2009 also helped the next season.  I think and hope that will be the case for 23/24.  Get into the tournament this year and get these kids ready for where they want to be.

Three weeks left. Still 2 WC spots available. Things obviously are not looking good, however, we are technically still alive, so here is what would need to happen to sneak into the playoffs: 

Packers (6-8): 

@ Carolina (2-12)

@ Vikings (7-7)

Bears (5-9)

Packers have to win out. If they lose another game, they are done. 

Seahawks (6-7):

Eagles (10-3)

@ Titans (5-9)

Steelers (7-7)

@ Cardinals (3-11)

Packers need Seahawks to lose one game. That could/should happen tonight against the Eagles. If not, they could easily win their last three. 

Vikings (7-7):

Lions (10-4)

Packers (6-8)

@ Lions (10-4)

Packers do not need any help from the Vikings, rather, the Packers would have to beat the Vikings in Week 17 and would then own the division tie-breaker over them. 

Rams (7-7):

Saints (7-7)

@ Giants (5-9)

@ Niners (11-3)

Packers need Rams to lose one game. Most likely chance would be Week 18, meaning the Packers, if still alive, would want the Niners to need that game in order to secure the No. 1 seed so they play their starters. 

Saints (7-7):

@ Rams (7-7)

@ Bucs (7-7)

Falcons (6-8)

Packers need Saints to lose one game. They play the Rams next week so that will either be a loss for the Saints or the Rams, either way helping the Packers. 

Falcons (6-8)

Colts (8-6)

@ Bears (5-9)

@ Saints (7-7)

The Falcons' loss to the Panthers was secretly a big deal if you still have any belief the Packers can run the table. We still need the Falcons to lose one game because of their tie-breaker over us. 

Bucs (7-7): Currently winning NFC South

Jaguars (8-6)

Saints (7-7)

@ Carolina (2-12)

Bucs now lead their division and the Packers now want them to win the division, otherwise, they would have to lose two games in the wild-card race. 

Two weeks left. Packers need to win out and need 1 loss from 2 of 3 teams.

Packers (7-8): 

@ Vikings (7-8)

Bears (6-9)

Seahawks (8-7):

Steelers (8-7)

@ Cardinals (3-12)

Rams (8-7):

@ Giants (5-9)

@ Niners (11-3)

Falcons (7-8)

@ Bears (6-9)

@ Saints (7-8)

Packers need one loss from two of these teams. Falcons will likely lose at least one of their final two road games. The Seahawks will be favored to win out. That could leave the Rams at the Niners in week 18 as our best chance. If we are still alive, we'll need the Niners to need that game.

31 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Packers (7-8): 

@ Vikings (7-8)

Bears (6-9)

Seahawks (8-7):

Steelers (8-7)

@ Cardinals (3-12)

Rams (8-7):

@ Giants (5-9)

@ Niners (11-3)

Falcons (7-8)

@ Bears (6-9)

@ Saints (7-8)

Packers need one loss from two of these teams. Falcons will likely lose at least one of their final two road games. The Seahawks will be favored to win out. That could leave the Rams at the Niners in week 18 as our best chance. If we are still alive, we'll need the Niners to need that game.

There are a lot more possibilities than just that. For example, both Atlanta and Seattle could win out and GB still has a 69% chance of playoffs if they win out. Lotta variables at play still.

Edited by incognito_man

24 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Packers (7-8): 

@ Vikings (7-8)

Bears (6-9)

Seahawks (8-7):

Steelers (8-7)

@ Cardinals (3-12)

Rams (8-7):

@ Giants (5-9)

@ Niners (11-3)

Falcons (7-8)

@ Bears (6-9)

@ Saints (7-8)

That's what I'm thinking.  I mean it's possible the Steelers could upset the Hawks, but they haven't been consistent enough to have me betting on them.

Now the Rams ... Well can always hope DeVito returns and does us a favor, but I won't count on it.

I could definitely see freezing cold weather screwing with ATL and the Bears giving them trouble and if not them, the Saints taking revenge in the final week.

But yeah, we will probably have to pull for the Baltimore Ravens tomorrow night so that SF doesn't opt to sit their starters against the Rams because they've already clinched the 1 seed.

I'm just not confident we can win out with Joe Barry running the defenseless defense. We should beat both the Vikings and the Bears but have no faith either will happen. 

I do think 2 of those three teams will lose 1 game. 

MLF allowing Barry to continue on is embarrassing at this point. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I'm just not confident we can win out with Joe Barry running the defenseless defense. We should beat both the Vikings and the Bears but have no faith either will happen. 

Only chance is that the front 4 takes it out of Barry's hands. Gary needs to step his ******* game up. Haven't heard his name called since the Chiefs game. He was dominant in the Lions win and we need that guy next week. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

There are a lot more possibilities than just that. For example, both Atlanta and Seattle could win out and GB still has a 69% chance of playoffs if they win out. Lotta variables at play still.

If lions falcons and seattle win out, arent we done?

20 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

If lions falcons and seattle win out, arent we done?

GB can only get 6 or 7 seeds.

SF, Philly, Dallas. Detroit are all in.  GB can't win the NFC south, so 5 spots are out of reach.

Comes down to Seattle, LAR, Minnesota and Atlanta.  GB needs to win 2 and get losses by 2 of seattle, LAR, Atlanta.

If GB only wins 1 of the last 2 games, then they need much more help from those teams 

37 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

After the last 3 weeks I'd have to concur.  If last week and today doesn't just reinforce the point I don't know what does.  It'd be a shame that the assclown cost us a potential post season run.  Offense is clicking.  With a somewhat stout D this team could have done some damage. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

GB can only get 6 or 7 seeds.

SF, Philly, Dallas. Detroit are all in.  GB can't win the NFC south, so 5 spots are out of reach.

Comes down to Seattle, LAR, Minnesota and Atlanta.  GB needs to win 2 and get losses by 2 of seattle, LAR, Atlanta.

If GB only wins 1 of the last 2 games, then they need much more help from those teams 

This is not accurate. They don't NEED losses from 2 of those three. It would be sufficient, but even if, for example, Atlanta and Seattle win out, GB still has a 69% chance of making the playoffs if they also win out

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This is not accurate. They don't NEED losses from 2 of those three. It would be sufficient, but even if, for example, Atlanta and Seattle win out, GB still has a 69% chance of making the playoffs if they also win out

Explain this to me. Dallas or Philly have one wildcard spot locked up. If Seattle wins out, they are ahead of us with a 10-7 record. If Atlanta wins out, they win the head-to-head? 

Are you counting on us winning a tie breaker against multiple 9-8 teams? 

I'm just asking the question, not disputing your claim. 

12 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Must come down to a weird 3-way tie which would negate the head to head results.