NFC Playoff Picture - ONE Week Left

packfanfb

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I am actually curious what CHI will get in return for Fields when they trade him.

I've seen a few trade ideas bandied about on the interwebs.  Seems like it was something like a 3rd in 2024, and then a conditional 2nd in 2025 depending on playing time.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

20 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I am actually curious what CHI will get in return for Fields when they trade him.

Due to Tepper's ineptitude as an owner, the Bears may actually be a formidable team in a couple years. 

If Fields plays well down the stretch I think the 3rd rounder + conditional 2025 pick seems about fair. If he sucks enough that his whole season looks meh then they could even keep him as the backup. 

But if he plays in Barry's last game as DC, then that offensive player of the week award could help the Bears' return.

On 12/26/2023 at 5:53 PM, {Family Ghost} said:

I've seen a few trade ideas bandied about on the interwebs.  Seems like it was something like a 3rd in 2024, and then a conditional 2nd in 2025 depending on playing time.

At this point, that seems too much for him.  I thought that sounded reasonable if he played well after that Washington/Denver stretch.  But his numbers against Washington/Denver as the 29th and 32nd worst defenses in the league are clearly the statistical anomaly.

Washington/Denver: 43-65 (67.2%), 617 passing yards (9.49 YPA), 8 passing TD (12.3%), 1 INT (1.5%)
9 Other Games: 153-258 (59.3%), 1529 passing yards (5.93 YPA), 7 passing TD (2.7%), 8 INT (3.1%)

Just for perspective, if you exclude those 2 games, Fields would rank 29th in CMP%, T-29th in YPA, 27th in TD%, and T-28th in INT%.  He's been brutal.

Posted (edited)

One Week Left. Based on the ESPN Playoff Machine, the Packers have two ways into the playoffs: 

Scenario 1: Packers Win --> They are in. No help needed. 

Scenario 2: Packers lose to Bears. Packers still make playoffs at 8-9 if all the following occur: 

1. Arizona (H) beats Seattle
  2. Lions (H) beat Vikings
  3. Falcons (A) beat Saints

In that scenario, GB would end up in 4-way tie with Seattle, Atlanta and New Orleans (or alternatively, Seattle, TB and New Orleans) and according to the Playoff Machine, Packers would get the nod. 

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

One Week Left. Based on the ESPN Playoff Machine, the Packers have two ways into the playoffs: 

Scenario 1: Packers Win --> They are in. No help needed. 

Scenario 2: Packers lose to Bears. Packers still make playoffs at 8-9 if all the following occur: 

1. Arizona (H) beats Seattle
  2. Lions (H) beat Vikings
  3. TB (A) beats Panthers
  4. Falcons (A) beat Saints

In that scenario, GB would end up in 4-way tie with Seattle, Atlanta and New Orleans and according to the Playoff Machine, Packers would get the nod. 

Tb panthers outcome is irrelevant. Just the other 3

• Like 2