Surprise cuts

49erurtaza

Training camp around the league is starting and there's always a few players on each team that we think should make the 53 but doesn't. Please list a few from your team that might be cut.

For the 49ers 

TE- Vance McDonald they tried to trade him during the draft but not luck. They seem to want to start there guy at tight end.

OLB Aaron lynch - came in to OTAs over weight, rumor had it they where deciding to cut him or not. But then he turned it around and was getting into shape.

WR Bruce Ellington - always looks great in training camp but gets hurt. With the new GM can see him being cut.

DE Tank Carradine - we actually have a ton of dline man and I can see him cut or traded and start for a 4-3 defense and show up. He's been out of place since he's been here and now we run a defense he fits in but we just have to many high pick d lineman.

CB Dontae Johnson - he is big and long would fit the corner build we want but can get lost in the shuffle. Wouldn't surprise me if he was cut.

Wild card RB Carlos hyde - with a rebuild and new coaching they want to roll with there guy. I don't see them cutting Carlos but if anything he would be traded.

Please share your team.

11 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

If the cut is truly "surprising" it deserves its own thread in the News Forum, so don't be afraid to start one if your predictions come true!

I'd be surprised if Jarius Wright was cut before the season, with Michael Floyd's 4 game suspension hanging over our WR corps. 

To Some, Emmanuel Lamur will look like a surprise cut, but if Edmond Robinson beats him for the starting spot, Lamur will no longer be needed.

Not sure if Cody Latimer would qualify as a surprise cut. He's been a disappointment for his entire time here and he had a incident in a club earlier this year. 

Jamaal Charles if he doesn't show that he has anything left. We are pretty stacked at RB as is.

Annnnnnd as i posted that Allen Barbre just got cut by the Eagles. somewhat of a shocker considering he was our starting LG last season and has the versatility to be able to play both Guard and Tackle. Would be a great depth signing for a team or a solid spot starter in a pinch.

5 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Annnnnnd as i posted that Allen Barbre just got cut by the Eagles. somewhat of a shocker considering he was our starting LG last season and has the versatility to be able to play both Guard and Tackle. Would be a great depth signing for a team or a solid spot starter in a pinch.

Bengals need some help there badly.  But they probably won't touch him.

Why was he cut?

1 minute ago, theJ said:

Bengals need some help there badly.  But they probably won't touch him.

Why was he cut?

We have Seumalo a third round guy we drafted last year that looked good who probably bumped him from LG so he was a depth guy. My only assumption is that they liked other guys that are on the roster better or that the money he was making could be spent elsewhere.

Generally surprise cuts are harder to explain than most.

Archived