Surprise cuts

49erurtaza

On 8/25/2017 at 11:09 PM, Castiron said:

Steeler fans have hated Gay for years.

Gay was drafted as a zone CB.  He was very good at zone and off man.  Now father time has made him look like he is running in deep sand and the Steelers want to move to more press man.

20 hours ago, Crickett said:

While they might try to trade him, there's no way they're going to cut Hurns and his fully guaranteed 2017 salary. 

They won't cut him. I could see him getting dealt but there's no way we just let him go for nothing rn.

The guy was very solid 2 years ago. Last year he had a ton of injury issues. If he's healthy I like Hurnsy's chances of getting back on track.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

They won't cut him. I could see him getting dealt but there's no way we just let him go for nothing rn.

The guy was very solid 2 years ago. Last year he had a ton of injury issues. If he's healthy I like Hurnsy's chances of getting back on track.

Also if he had a QB worth a damn.

On 8/25/2017 at 11:09 PM, Castiron said:

Steeler fans have hated Gay for years.

He was decent for us after coming back from Arizona.    Last year he was pretty bad....and he is getting slower.

4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

He's making 10 million a year. That's an egregious overpay right now.

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

He's making 10 million a year. That's an egregious overpay right now.

He was worth it after his 2015 season. Last year he had lingering injuries and couldn't stay healthy. Either way Hurns is a very talented WR that a lot of teams could very much use. Hell, I'd like to keep him in Jacksonville, but it depends what the plan is with Allen Robinson and Marqise Lee who both are FA's after this year. I'd expect ARob to get tagged if we can't come to a deal on an extension, and I really have no idea what the plan is with Lee.

With the likelihood of a rookie coming in next year, we are going to want to make sure that QB has as many weapons as possible.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

He was worth it after his 2015 season. Last year he had lingering injuries and couldn't stay healthy. Either way Hurns is a very talented WR that a lot of teams could very much use. Hell, I'd like to keep him in Jacksonville, but it depends what the plan is with Allen Robinson and Marqise Lee who both are FA's after this year. I'd expect ARob to get tagged if we can't come to a deal on an extension, and I really have no idea what the plan is with Lee.

With the likelihood of a rookie coming in next year, we are going to want to make sure that QB has as many weapons as possible.

I don't deny he's talented, but 10 million a year is a steep pricetag for a receiver who hasn't consistently produced yet.

Because Jax doesn't have a qb to pay, they might as well keep him under contract, seeing as no one has any idea what Arob and Lee will do. I think Arob will want to leave because his current qb situation is preventing him from being a perennial pro bowler, meaning he'll have to be tagged. No idea what happens with Lee, although Westbrook looks promising so far.

19 minutes ago, alfalcone said:

Are any running backs rumored to be on the chopping block, I know Baltimore could use an upgrade.

Not sure if its an upgrade, but the Bears seem to have a logjam at RB after Jordan Howard.  They drafted Tarik Cohen, who is a lock to make the roster, but then there is a competition between Jeremy Langford and Ka'Deem Carey.  Carey is hurt and out for a few weeks but was far more impressive this preseason than Langford, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them move on from one of the two.

2 hours ago, alfalcone said:

Are any running backs rumored to be on the chopping block, I know Baltimore could use an upgrade.

The niners look likely to cut Tim Hightower and Kapri Bibbs..but I really don't think that would help you guys out. 

10 hours ago, alfalcone said:

We will be fine. The issue is the blocking. We won't get anything now, that would make us a much better team. Its either elite talent at the position or a better blocking oline that will salvage our petrious runninggame.

Archived