GB’s and Manpons: Cowboys vs Seachickens

textaz03

Gameballs: I have 2 to give out

Dakota Prescott - is playing with passion, poise and heart. He is truly looking the part of a MVP. Making good decisions, good passes and putting this Offense on his back.

CeeDee Lamb - my gawd! What a stud receiver! The legend of the 88’s continue!! His contract is going to be massive in the offseason!

Jerry’s Manpons:

Dan Quinn - normally would go this route this year, but his Defense was night and day of what it’s looked like most of the year. He needs to get some stuff cleaned up over these next few days. 

Mike McCarthy - what an undisciplined team! How many penalties and penalty penalty yard's? That’s the kind of ish that will hurt us in the playoffs!! Sloppy sloppy football!!

Daron Bland - woooooffff!!! That was a very ugly showing! Allowed over 140 yards receiving and 2 TD’s I believe. Boy was he really exposed by Metcalf and Smith. For all he does with his ball skills and playing the ball, he needs to work on those coverage skills moving forward!!

Overall, a hard fought win!! A win against a play off contender, a win against a team with a winning record. Gets that proverbial monkey off the back!!  

Edited by textaz03

GB: 

Dak - Shouldered the load
CD - He’s made himself a lot of money this season.
Ferg - Thought he was fantastic. 

HM - Micah and Jourdan Lewis came up big down the stretch

Jock:

Bland - Went from DPoM to toast inside of 24 hrs. Seattle may have found a crack in the armor.

HM - D as a whole stunk up the joint. Hopefully they got it out of their system. 

22 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Any GB awards that don’t include Jake Ferguson are missing the boat. How many huge plays did the guy make yesterday? Impact receiver, and buried people as a blocker.

I probably should have added 1 for him as well. Just for his swagger! Reminded me of vintage Witten after contact. I was loving it! 

• Like 1

Have to give Dak his flowers after this one. Between the shoddy defense, inconsistent running game and some dubious game management from McCarthy, this was a game he essentially willed us to victory in.

I was in the camp that was out on him after the first 4 or 5 weeks. He just didn’t look comfortable, seemed to be regressing in MM’s scheme. That feels like so long ago now. What a heater from Prescott. He definitely “feels like” the league MVP to this point, in that there is no way this team can continue to win like this without stellar play from its QB.

Edited by matt79511

Dak CD Ferguson all get game balls.

Didn't seem Tyron Smith get beat and for the most part outside of Steele, the pass blocking held up.

McCarthy and his clock management is going to screw us. The last drive was terrible.

7 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Daron Bland - woooooffff!!! That was a very ugly showing! Allowed over 140 yards receiving and 2 TD’s I believe. Boy was he really exposed by Metcalf and Smith. For all he does with his ball skills and playing the ball, he needs to work on those coverage skills moving forward!!

Dude has been a stud in coverage, even taking out the interceptions.

Young player had a rough night against some tough matchups. Still came up with a huge play. That is all.

• Like 1

Game Balls:

Dak - Outstanding performance last night. Total command and control of the offense and put the team in the best position to win, even with McCarthy's mind bogglingly stupid call on 3rd and 3 late in the 4th. His play since the loss to the 49ers is the kind of play that I've been clamoring for since he was deemed a "franchise QB" all those years ago. It is abundantly clear that the WCO is the right scheme fit for him. He's playing, in my opinion, at an NFL MVP level right now.

Jake Ferguson - He was spectacular last night. Literally uncoverable. He appeared to be wide open on nearly every play and came up with some big-time blocks in the run game. He's another player who is proving that a WCO is a great scheme for him. And, he's proving what a number of us said when we drafted him: we have a real player at TE. You guys know that I loved that pick, and I love it more and more each day. 

CeeDee Lamb - Very solid performance with some clutch catches. The only one he couldn't catch was the play on 4th down, which was a perfect ball placement based on the defense, but a REALLY tough catch to make due to his body position and angle. 

Jourdan Lewis - Even though most of the defense stunk, he was great.

Micah Parsons - Literally triple-teamed all night, but found a way to line up unblocked and end the game when it mattered.

Jerrypons:

Daron Bland - He was roasted all night. Yes, he intercepted another pass, but he played like hot garbage overall.

Mike McCarthy - Not only did he call a really stupid play late, which could've led to a Seattle comeback victory, he didn't have the entire team prepared to play.

Dan Quinn - In addition to the McCarthy lack of preparation, he didn't adjust to Bland's struggles until the second half. It should've been done much sooner.

Edited by plan9misfit

5 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Any GB awards that don’t include Jake Ferguson are missing the boat. How many huge plays did the guy make yesterday? Impact receiver, and buried people as a blocker.

And as a runner. Did he do the hurdle as well?

Edited by HDsportsfan

GB.  Dak CD Ferg MP Aubrey(can not afford a miss in a close game). Dlaw Odi Gilmore Cooks

JS. Wilson and Way too many correctable penalties on D.

HM Bland he struggled but saved himself a JS with a nice play.  Coaching decisions. At times it seems MM is way too confident in our ability to convert.  Needs to realize at times the cost of failure is just too great a risk

22 hours ago, quiller said:

GB.  Dak CD Ferg MP Aubrey(can not afford a miss in a close game). Dlaw Odi Gilmore Cooks

JS. Wilson and Way too many correctable penalties on D.

HM Bland he struggled but saved himself a JS with a nice play.  Coaching decisions. At times it seems MM is way too confident in our ability to convert.  Needs to realize at times the cost of failure is just too great a risk

MM had a long list of bad decisions Thursday, but going for it on 4th down was not on that list.