NFL assigned former Falcons player to officiate Saints-Falcons game

everlong

On 12/13/2017 at 4:31 PM, Shanedorf said:

I never thought the NFL wanted to "fix" games in terms of who wins. They are much more interested in the conduct of the games and who watches

throwing a flag to keep a game close into the 4th quarter ? That I could possibly believe. And the episode with Jeff Fisher shows that the networks do have a direct communication link to the Refs. The networks told the refs they needed to squeeze in a couple more commercials and when the refs told Fisher to call a time-out, he told them to go pound salt. So the refs asked Del Rio, and he obliged, even though the game was decided and headed toward victory formation

The NFL owners/networks care about making money -  and keeping a game competitive, deeper into the 4th Q  is one way to do that.

As noted by others - I don't think there is any way they could fix the actual outcome of games even if they wanted to.

This is very unnerving. The networks should not be allowed to try and force head coaches to call one of their timeouts, regardless of the situation.

19 minutes ago, BladeKor said:

You can't have a football forum without rival fans trolling one another. You might as well close the forum down.

I dont make the rules. There is definitely some room for banter, but you've been crossing the line in this thread. If you want to discuss this further, feel free to Pm myself or webmaster.

15 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

You love us.

You're just here cause there's nobody in the Falcons forum. 

Let's just all be honest, you know?

LOL thats the truth but thats because im over in the mock draft and in these forums busting yalls chops and having good discussions all the time xD

Archived