LP's and DF's: Dallas at Vagiants

HDsportsfan

LP's: Dak, he looked comfortable today and his accuracy was back.

Clearly Lee. He was all over the field plus the tip/pick.

ANd I really hat listing bailey. But obviously he has to be listed. Maybe his hammy is still bothering him.

HM: to Rod Smith

O-Line seemed to play well.

DF's: The D-line. Some pressure but way to many penalties.

A bit of criticism to the WR's. Although they came back strong in the second half, they pretty much sucked in the first half.

LPs:
Dak - Great game
Lee - 17 tkls I believe + pick. No too bad. 

HM:

Smith - Amazing game. Would be nice to see him get more touches. 
Hitch - 14 tkles. Not a bad day at the office either. 

DFs:

Bailey - Bad today. Assume it's hammy, but hope this isn't a cold weather thing
Drops from many.
No sacks vs pretty bad OL.

LPs:

Dak - Had a very shaky third quarter in my opinion, but responded well

Rod Smith - I honestly didn't think he quite had that in him

O-line - For the usual reasons

Lee - We missed you

CBs - Granted they didn't go against very good competition, but they still were very solid all across the board for the entirety of the game

Dez - The two drops in the beginning of the game were bad, though his drops have been ridiculously overplayed. The nature of his drops this season aren't typically like we saw early on in this game. Anyway, he was involved in every 50+ yard play, which is significant even though he was only carrying the ball for one of them. The amount of flat out disrespect that this guy gets is disgusting, and you should be ashamed of yourself if you're a part of it. 

DFs:

Bailey - It's possible that he was dealing with some sort of injury

D-line - Lawrence was really the only one who seemed to be disruptive at all

On 12/10/2017 at 11:50 PM, DaBoys said:

DEZ is top 5 in the league in drops. You can't over play that. Facts are facts

Oh I see how it is, not even direct quoting me haha. Maybe I'm wrong here, but I don't really think I am. He's had some bad drops obviously, but I think the vast majority are not of the same quality as what we saw against the Giants. In other words, I feel like the majority of his drops have not been on "gimmie" catches, and that they've been on plays where if he had caught the ball, it would have been an incredible catch. Grant it he isn't playing like himself in terms of making those great catches that we're used to seeing, but I think a little context needs to be applied when talking about the sheer number of drops that he has.

On 12/11/2017 at 4:53 PM, Matts4313 said:

LIS in the GDT, he is hurting my heart. Dez needs to be much better than he is

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he is psyched out at this point. I would have to imagine that he is very aware of the enormous amount of criticism that he seems to get week in and week out, Cowboys victory or not. 

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

Oh I see how it is, not even direct quoting me haha. Maybe I'm wrong here, but I don't really think I am. He's had some bad drops obviously, but I think the vast majority are not of the same quality as what we saw against the Giants. In other words, I feel like the majority of his drops have not been on "gimmie" catches, and that they've been on plays where if he had caught the ball, it would have been an incredible catch. Grant it he isn't playing like himself in terms of making those great catches that we're used to seeing, but I think a little context needs to be applied when talking about the sheer number of drops that he has.

Oh c'mon. Dez HAS to make a living catching tough passes. He can't get open like AB or OBJ. Yes his drops, excluding last week's, were tough catches. If he doesn't catch those what else does he have? Many are to quick to blame Dak for not giving him chances. His league leading drops prove otherwise.

15 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Oh c'mon. Dez HAS to make a living catching tough passes. He can't get open like AB or OBJ. Yes his drops, excluding last week's, were tough catches. If he doesn't catch those what else does he have? Many are to quick to blame Dak for not giving him chances. His league leading drops prove otherwise.

I mean, I agree with you to a certain point on that. Dez is famous because of his ability to make tough catches into routine catches. Its not as if that has been his only ability throughout his career though, and frankly I think the talk about him having "lost a step" is just made up nonsense that people roll with because they have no idea what's going on. But yes, Dez not making those tough catches is holding him back from being his usual dominant self. 

That aside, all in all I was just trying to say that context behind drops does matter and that people shouldn't judge solely off of a number as if there isn't more to it than that. As far as Dak goes, I do believe he has had his part to play in their on field connection not being very strong. Though Dez has had his share of missed opportunities, there have been a handful of times where Dak has flat out thrown him terrible passes. 

Archived