GDT: The End is Near Pt 3: Zeke's Suspension Edition - Boys v Raiders

MightyMouse07

12 minutes ago, the lone star said:

Who would you all rather have, Jeff Heath or JJ Wilcox?

Either my sarcasm meter needs calibration or this is a serious question. Regardless, even during the 2014 season, Wilcox's sophomore season, I would've chosen Heath. Not that Jeff was tearing it up but because Wilcox was such a bonehead back there.

Just now, ///mcompact said:

Either my sarcasm meter needs calibration or this is a serious question. Regardless, even during the 2014 season, Wilcox's sophomore season, I would've chosen Heath. Not that Jeff was tearing it up but because Wilcox was such a bonehead back there.

Just a random question I had because I was talking with my boys after the game. I like both. I guess I prefer Heath because of his playmaking ability, but Wilcox was more than solid in 2016.

45 minutes ago, the lone star said:

I guess I prefer Heath because of his playmaking ability, but Wilcox was more than solid in 2016.

That was after Wilcox's 2013, '14, and '15 season of getting FS snaps to "develop".  In 2016, he flashed here and there but was in no way a quality starter...even among the average DB players we had.  My contention with starting Heath over Wilcox was that he (Heath) was misdiagnosed as a player due to of a few forced outings in 2012 as a UDFA. The very few times that Heath was on the field, he made huge splash plays.  My belief is that had we given all of those developmental snaps to Heath instead of Wicox,  Heath would've actually developed and benefited the team to a better degree. Instead, we wasted 4 years on Wilcox.

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

Heath gets way, way, wayyy too much flak. People cant move on from poor play from years ago. He's solid.

He does a good job making plays on runners but it just might be me but he seems to constantly be late on making plays on balls on the air down field and misreading the deep routes

1 hour ago, WheatieMan said:

Saw the highlights today morning... WHY DID GARRET NOT GO FOR IT 4th & Goal inside 3 minutes? Why would you give them time to get down there for a FG. Should have went for it and played for a 3 & out if you did not convert inside 2-3 minutes. 

People say that, but the ease at which they drove afterward kinda proves Garrett right. If all the Raiders had to play for were was a FG we would of lost (assuming we dont score).

Obviously Raiders are in 4 down territory even backed up in there. My problem is you lose the field position advantage by going up only 3 and giving them the ball back at the 25, as opposed to possibly going up by 4 and forcing them to go for 6 at their own 25.

Archived