Marcus Mariota - When is the time to panic?

titans0021

The time to panic has been all season, IMO. He has gotten progressively worse and just seems off this season. Maybe it's the offensive play calling or maybe it's just him but regardless, something needs to change and the thing that most would teams would change in this scenario would be changing the offense and bringing in a new OC. Now we are the Titans so we likely won't change a thing but I think before you can officially close the Mariota chapter for this franchise, give him a chance in a different offense.

I don't think he has regressed. I think he's as inconsistent as he's always been and he just hasn't taken the next step. It's on him as much as it is on Mularkey/Robiskie and the fact that he probably was limited in working on his mechanics this offseason due to rehab. But it's definitely alarming, and it raises the question of whether or not he is indeed the guy. I'm all on board now to try a different approach offensively for next year, and let, if not Mularkey, at the very least Robiskie go. Hopefully they figure out the right coaching staff to help him work on his mechanics, but regardless, I would too consider drafting a QB, say round 3-4. We could use a better backup QB anyway.

8 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I’m intrigued by drafting a QB relatively high. Maybe in the 3rd round. Then again it won’t matter with this failure of an offensive system. 

This. I don't think Mariota is the guy, but until we get an offense that would actually work in today's NFL, it's impossible to fully judge Mariota. He has a lot of issues but if we brought in a guy who has a proven track record of developing QBs and an offensive system that fits his skill set better, maybe he would turn things around.

I think it's been time since last year, but hey, I'm just some guy on the internet. I mean, we all know his greatest fans on here (not gonna name names) are actually top tier football gurus and know he's the greatest qb in history.  Cause you know, he is.  Because.

I'm not going to panic this season but my "concern" radar is up for the first time in his career. More than his poor play, the injuries to his lower extremities are really beginning to worry me. 

I also don't think we have the right coaching staff to help him reach his full potential. 

I just said in another thread.

They will change this offense at least 2 more times before they outright give up on Mariota. They will put him with a different OC multiple times to make sure it is him and not the offense.

Right now, you can't really say definitively that the offense is the problem, not the QB.

Im not counting him out. People dont realize these receivers are very young. Even Rishard is a younger player. Decker is our most experienced receiver.

Look at Marcus weapons on offense: Delanie is his best target hes had him his whole career...hes only had Matthews for 1 full year going on 2 seasons and everyone else is still brand new to this offense and to Marcus as a young quarterback.

I think they came into this game with a goal of having a big game for Marcus and our receivers...we had success running the ball right before halftime and than we just stopped running the ball. I just dont understand that...you already know we need to control the clock...your not accounting for being down late in the game...Not to mention we had the lead...so why we werent controlling the clock I have no idea.

He looked angry about the picks...and he said his knee was fine. I mean your bound to get banged up out there...its not like hes missing starts.

I think we give San Fran a whalloping...and win out with Mariota being extremely efficient and making all kinds of plays with his legs and with his arm.

1 minute ago, capton_cutclass said:

He looked angry about the picks...and he said his knee was fine. I mean your bound to get banged up out there...its not like hes missing starts.

I think we give San Fran a whalloping...and win out with Mariota being extremely efficient and making all kinds of plays with his legs and with his arm.

Not sure he really threw a strike after the knee injury. Then again maybe he never really tried to.

Archived