Marcus Mariota - When is the time to panic?

titans0021

12 minutes ago, SARGO127 said:

He’s not our franchise QB. I’ve been saying it all season. He’s shown nothing this year to warrant him being a quality starting QB.

You said the key phrase.  
"this year"

He has 2 years of arrow point up type play that does warrant more time be put into him.

You have one more year of cheap contract. Then another option year.  He will be here at least 2 more seasons. 
If he plays next year like he has this year, they will bring in someone to compete. 
Still likely to keep him under the option year, while paying someone else a modest contract. 

Too few QBs in the league to give up on an #2 overall pick for unknown waters. 

13 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

You said the key phrase.  
"this year"

He has 2 years of arrow point up type play that does warrant more time be put into him.

You have one more year of cheap contract. Then another option year.  He will be here at least 2 more seasons. 
If he plays next year like he has this year, they will bring in someone to compete. 
Still likely to keep him under the option year, while paying someone else a modest contract. 

I’m just ignore these people who call him a bust tell them excuse my back till next season. 

35 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

You said the key phrase.  
"this year"

Let’s be fair - he’s had his moments last year as well and has been injury prone. I wanted Marcus pre draft, but since then, I’ve seen nothing to suggest him being THE GUY for a franchise. This is his third year and he’s drstixally depressed:

He’s average at best. The sooner the FO realizes this, the better. 

1 minute ago, SARGO127 said:

Let’s be fair - he’s had his moments last year as well and has been injury prone. I wanted Marcus pre draft, but since then, I’ve seen nothing to suggest him being THE GUY for a franchise. This is his third year and he’s drstixally depressed:

How’s the weather where you at, what you think about trump, should I buy or sale my stock in Apple I’ve had it about 7 months. What’s your favorite color? Is a hot dog a sandwich & why is the earth flat ?

Just now, SARGO127 said:

I think the 4th quarter comebacks, red-zone performance, multiple games last year....Colts game this year.. are examples of what could be from him as a QB.  
I just seen people give up on QB's too quick and call them great too quick. He has traits that are worth exploring. 

Or

You get the right system for your guy. 
Goff was literally a "Bust" after 1 season by most accounts. Now people want to give him an HOF jacket. 

I just think 2 and half seasons are too early to call for him. It's too murky. It's not clear like it was with Locker and Young. 

I'm not ready to give up on him quite yet, but this season has been terrible.

But Goff looked like hot garbage last year under Fisher, and a true starting quarterback this year under McVay.

Get Mariota a real head coach and offensive coordinator, and not this nepotism circle-jerk known as the Titans coaching staff.

He's looked awful. I'm really not sure to be honest, yes the scheme makes it extremely difficult to succeed, but then again he's missing throws a middle of the pack QB is capable of making and also has thrown just some really, really bad interceptions that have nothing to do with scheme, they're just absolutely awful decisions. We all know he's pretty injury prone too and is due to miss a few games a year so that doesn't help his case either. Imo, it's time to panic, partly because of how far he's regressed/injuries and partly because deep down we know Mularkey isn't going anywhere. If he's as much of a buffoon to let Robiskie run the offense for this long and not make any adjustments then nothing matters because we're not gonna do anything meaningful with him at the helm. May as well just find something else to do until he's gone.

Archived