Choose Your Own Adventure: Bears Future 2024 and Beyond

G08

Choose Your Own Adventure: Bears Future 2024 and Beyond  

11 members have voted

1. 1. You Have Pick #1 (CAR), Pick #9 (CHI), Justin Fields: What Do You Do?

• Trade Justin Fields: Two Top 10 Picks and 2nd round pick (from trading Fields)
    • Keep Justin Fields: Two Top 10 Picks (one trade down), 2nd round pick (from trade down), 2025 1st round pick

51 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I hope they take Latu

Latu is a guy everyone is going to back away from for health concerns..... then he's either going to be in the mix for pro bowl passrusher constantly, or out of the league in 3 years with injuries.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I'm down then. Swing big.

I'd rather go with Jerzhan Newton at 3t personally, if we went the defensive route........ elite penetrating 3t, with a crazy good motor.

That said, if I'm getting a new QB, I also want to load him up on weapons, so nearly every mock I do goes offensive skill position.

• Like 2

You need about 20 more pages of CYOA to get through all the permutations of the Bears this season, and like the main said,  ask me in January!

The worst case outcome would be keeping Flus and Getsy,  showing Fields the door, and then drafting a QB.  The best QB development this staff seems to have done was making Jordan Love look great in game 1.  If they get an incomplete passer like Williams I think they'll end up with Bagent by week six and then we'll be hunting again in 2025.

I think best case for the team and timing would be new staff with an offensive HC, DC that can work with the personnel we have, drafting QB of choice and moving Fields for likely a couple 4th rd picks with contingencies to move up.

As for what's likely, I think they may keep Flus, scapegoat (not wrongly) Getsy and I have zero zero clue which way they'll go on Fields. 

2 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

You need about 20 more pages of CYOA to get through all the permutations of the Bears this season, and like the main said,  ask me in January!

The worst case outcome would be keeping Flus and Getsy,  showing Fields the door, and then drafting a QB.  The best QB development this staff seems to have done was making Jordan Love look great in game 1.  If they get an incomplete passer like Williams I think they'll end up with Bagent by week six and then we'll be hunting again in 2025.

I think best case for the team and timing would be new staff with an offensive HC, DC that can work with the personnel we have, drafting QB of choice and moving Fields for likely a couple 4th rd picks with contingencies to move up.

As for what's likely, I think they may keep Flus, scapegoat (not wrongly) Getsy and I have zero zero clue which way they'll go on Fields. 

Wait what?

16 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Wait what?

I reread that, and realized how insane it sounds. I'm saying that I don't think this staff is very good at adapting to quarterbacks, and rather would have them execute that boring agent offense. That was not meant to be any kind of judgment of Williams, more an indictment of the staff. I'm sure Williams could probably run that kind of offense, but it also be a terrible waste.

It's too early to make the call.

Let's see how coaching staff and Fields finish the year.

Were I to decide today in my ideal scenario I would hire Harbaugh to come in as HC. 

I would like Eberflus to stay on as DC, but people never do that so that is probably out.  Assuming we can't get Flus to stay I would try to hire Flores as DC and give him some kind of promotion to make that hiring legal (I think that is a rule since he is probably under contract in MN - so he is a Asst. HC or whatever - let him go get another HC gig after that if he isn't blackballed from his lawsuit and we can rehire Flus or Fangio the following year - or barring that just go get Fangio again - he and Harbaugh coached together in SF).    I don't really care who OC is as Harbaugh would be overseeing that.  

People assume a new coach means you take a new QB in draft. 

But remember if new coach is Harbaugh he came in and resurrected Alex Smith career for a season before bailing for Kaepernick after and ironically Kaepernick slaughtered the Bears on national TV 32-7 (and it wasn't really that close) to take the job away from a hurt Smith.

With that logic Fields stays on as QB under Harbaugh.  Poles stays on as GM (I like a lot of what he has done), but Harbaugh is given some personnel power not sure how they hammer that out.   We get number 1 overall.   We draft MH Jr. and a whole bunch of studs plus a 2025 number 1.

Harbaugh helps kill it in draft as one thing HCs coming out of college football know is who the good college players are - see Pete Carroll, Harbaugh himself and Jimmy Johnson.   Leave Steve Spurrier and Urban Meyer out of this conversation.

What will probably happen (as of today):

We win 3 of next 5 games.  We keep coaches and Fields and run it back again with some added high end college talent.

I'm torn. I love a lot of things about JF, from his athletic traits and measurables to his leadership and strong work ethic, he really is everything you'd look for  prototypically from a physical and character perspective

My problem though is does he have it between the ears? 

We've seen him be able to play at a high level and be opportunistic against mediocre teams/ bad defenses but he has also struggled some against some of the better teams and the fumbles / late game turnovers are a big issue for me

On the other hand being able to potentially draft a highly touted prospect like CW and then passing on that opportunity could be an all time blunder..

For as good of a prospect that CW is though his character and personality scares the **** out of me. He does seem like a bit of an attention seeker and dare I say... a little soft. Ya I don't care nobody can convince me that him crying in his mommy's arms after a loss at this stage in his life is a good thing 😂

Though that being said  I think I'd be willing to put these thoughts aside and genuinely get excited about the possibility of CW becoming the next Bears QB. Just have to know there are some red flags there and he could very well bust 

I just don't know....it's still too early for me to say at this point. Check back in 5 weeks 

I will say it's between either Fields or CW. I think Fields is better than any other QB in this class not named Caleb Williams 

Edited by topwop1