Eagles fear QB Carson Wentz suffered torn ACL

deltarich87

1 minute ago, Danger said:

It's not 100% just yet. Off chance it's just a sprain and he can come back in the playoffs. (pls)

Believe me I'm hoping for the best too, but how often does that actually happen when it comes to knee injuries?  Usually they end up being worst case scenario when a torn ACL is feared

Just now, footbull3196 said:

Believe me I'm hoping for the best too, but how often does that actually happen when it comes to knee injuries?  Usually they end up being worst case scenario when a torn ACL is feared

You can determine ACL tears from field evaluations. Usually when this news leaks to the media, that's what they determined from the field test. The MRI tomorrow is to confirm things. Hoping for the best though and that Philly dodged a bullet.

Carson Wentz has looked great this year, but wow man. He's a tough guy,  but I have yet to see any NFL QB be able to withstand the constant beatings and make it out without injury. I really hope they try to have him tone down the running. He has plenty of arm talent. 

5 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

This season has stunk. Way too many high profile players being shelved with season ending injuries.

I don't get it. Is it the changes to practice? The Thursday games? What is really causing all these horrible injuries this year? 

The only reason why anyone would leak that to RapSheet is because the clinical test was positive.   No other reason.

Here's the bad news - when the clinical test is positive, it's almost never wrong.    You can have a missed ACL injury with a negative clinical test, but not the other way around.

We can't be 100 percent sure until the MRI confirms...but we're talking 99+ percent sure.  Awful....this sucks so bad.   First PIT loses Shazier, now PHI loses Wentz.  SMH. 

1 minute ago, Jags said:

I don't get it. Is it the changes to practice? The Thursday games? What is really causing all these horrible injuries this year? 

In this case, it's partly bad luck, and partly on Wentz.  What makes ppl love him so much is that he's fearless - and puts his body in harm's way.   That was a huge hit he took from 2 LAR defenders to get in - and he paid the price.   

It sucks, but in the long run he has to learn he's not immune to injury.  This is just one of the worst ways to find out.

Archived