Eagles fear QB Carson Wentz suffered torn ACL

deltarich87

2 minutes ago, bzane said:

One thing about that, if I may- anabolic steroids were first developed by German scientists in the 1930's as an aid to accelerate the healing process from wounds (such as a nation's soldiers might incur when they sail into a World War xD) - now I know we're all supposed to abhor performance-enhancing drugs, but I think this is a situation where they have great value. One suspects that some of the healing "miracles" wrought in recent years were benefited in large part from prescribed steroids. And if helping an athlete overcome an injury faster, and more thoroughly, is indeed one of their effects- then I'm all for steroids, in this case.

(Disclaimer: I am emphatically against the use of steroids for muscle building, and can unreservedly state that my sculpted physique was entirely the product of dedicated lifting and buckets of the so-called "worthless" protein powders you see advertised at ruinous prices in my magazine!)

Ironically, I posted a similar stance for HGH in the "bending the rules" thread. Check it out.

3 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Ironically, I posted a similar stance for HGH in the "bending the rules" thread. Check it out.

There are other things that can be used and are FAR harder to test for to recover from injuries like Adequan and Alflutop. Hell for muscle building and strength people can use peptides that are out of the system to the point you almost cannot get busted for them. CJC-1295 w/o DAC, GHRP-6, and even fast acting insulin can all be purchased and provide distinct advantages, with or without steroids or peptides like HGH.

14 hours ago, Sugashane said:

There are other things that can be used and are FAR harder to test for to recover from injuries like Adequan and Alflutop. Hell for muscle building and strength people can use peptides that are out of the system to the point you almost cannot get busted for them. CJC-1295 w/o DAC, GHRP-6, and even fast acting insulin can all be purchased and provide distinct advantages, with or without steroids or peptides like HGH.

ima have to DM you.. Would have these convos with Benarick or whatever that eagles fan was..

But the thing about steroids is that whatever knee is being flushed with them! Will always be stronger than the other one.

Leading to over compensation.. He could hurt his other knee as it's working OT to catch up to the other.. If he's being injected to his knee

his ankles might be way weaker!!! leading to ankle injuries.. It's all crazy and at the end it's not worth it. Unless you know what you're doing.

1 hour ago, El ramster said:

ima have to DM you.. Would have these convos with Benarick or whatever that eagles fan was..

But the thing about steroids is that whatever knee is being flushed with them! Will always be stronger than the other one.

Leading to over compensation.. He could hurt his other knee as it's working OT to catch up to the other.. If he's being injected to his knee

his ankles might be way weaker!!! leading to ankle injuries.. It's all crazy and at the end it's not worth it. Unless you know what you're doing.

The thing is steroids aren't really promoting local growth. It floods the body and binds to receptor sites to allow positive nitrogen balance, protein synthesis, and reduce muscle breakdown from hormones like cortizone. So they can still advance strength throughout their bodies rather than just an individual bodypart. Most of the casual guys inject in only a few spots and the outer thigh is the easiest spot, but you see them year in and year out and they have arms and chest, no legs. lol

The compensation risk is really the healthy ankle and hip from my experience (2 ACL repairs and 1 MCL to my right knee). While your coddling the injured knee, you are forcing the opposite hip down to keep the injured leg's foot from dragging and putting your ankle in an unnatural angle all the time. Especially when using crutches, your healthy leg travels further in then your ankle flexes outward.

As far as gear use, the biggest risk isn't getting stronger per se, it is the fact that muscles can respond wonderfully to it since they are testosterone derivatives. But ligaments and tendons simply down't get stronger at the same rate. you're getting muscles strong so fast that the ligaments can't handle the loads they are handling. This is why you see powerlifters tear ligaments and tendons in their chest, thighs and triceps so frequently. Well, that and massive loads put in a disadvantageous leverage position  if they get out of form even a little.

Archived