Eagles fear QB Carson Wentz suffered torn ACL

deltarich87

2 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

In juries to lower ligaments have spiked since field turf became widely used.  It is vary soft to fall on, but also unstable.  I won't let the kids I coach in track run much on it.  Saw a kid from another team tear an ACL running wind sprints before a race on it

I think this injury happened while he was airborne.

1 minute ago, mm6492 said:

I think this injury happened while he was airborne.

I haven't seen it as I just walked in the door from our abysmal game.  But field turf is very soft, making it unstable.  Achilles injuries are way up, including a ton in non contact situations

7 minutes ago, Jags said:

I don't get it. Is it the changes to practice? The Thursday games? What is really causing all these horrible injuries this year? 

Players are so explosive and twitchy now, it's volatile. Especially QBs compared to the past. It almost feels like fools gold if your QB is an awesome dual threat because at some point it's going to happen in some unfortunate way, i.e, Watson in practice and Wentz diving into the end zone.

Just now, INbengalfan said:

I haven't seen it as I just walked in the door from our abysmal game.  But field turf is very soft, making it unstable.  Achilles injuries are way up, including a ton in non contact situations

can you provide a link to this assertion? I'm honestly curious if this is true.

1 minute ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Players are so explosive and twitchy now, it's volatile. Especially QBs compared to the past. It almost feels like fools gold if your QB is an awesome dual threat because at some point it's going to happen in some unfortunate way, i.e, Watson in practice and Wentz diving into the end zone.

A true statement. Wentz fearlessness is his greatest weapon, but ultimately it make be his Achilles heel. 

This just has me thinking about Andrew Luck so much. 

Just now, incognito_man said:

can you provide a link to this assertion? I'm honestly curious if this is true.

No, just my observations.  I've coached HS track for years, and I noticed it many times.  Heck, I've been running across the infield and felt my legs feel wobbly on it.  Soccer ACL injuries are way up too, at least  at our HS.  And most of the girls with them were running alone, not involved in any contact.

1 minute ago, INbengalfan said:

No, just my observations.  I've coached HS track for years, and I noticed it many times.  Heck, I've been running across the infield and felt my legs feel wobbly on it.  Soccer ACL injuries are way up too, at least  at our HS.  And most of the girls with them were running alone, not involved in any contact.

Of ACL injuries, noncontact mechanism has always been higher percentage compared to contact mechanism.

Better on field exam testing and higher use of MRI is also a reason why the number of ACL injuries seems higher now vs decades ago.

Archived