Eagles fear QB Carson Wentz suffered torn ACL

deltarich87

I hope like hell it's not an ACL tear, but how often does it NOT wind up being one whenever teams 'fear' an ACL tear? 

If it ends up being the worst case scenario, then I couldn't feel worse for Eagles fans, magical season gone to waste.

1 minute ago, KManX89 said:

I hope like hell it's not an ACL tear, but how often does it NOT wind up being one whenever teams 'fear' an ACL tear? 

If it ends up being the worst case scenario, then I couldn't feel worse for Eagles fans, magical season gone to waste.

Yeah....

It's never a "It's just a bruise! It's all G!" when there's talk of an ACL. It's either a tear of an injury that will keep the player out for a few weeks at minimum.

4 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Yeah....

It's never a "It's just a bruise! It's all G!" when there's talk of an ACL. It's either a tear of an injury that will keep the player out for a few weeks at minimum.

If he's out for a few weeks hope you guys some how clinch the bye 

57 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Of ACL injuries, noncontact mechanism has always been higher percentage compared to contact mechanism.

Better on field exam testing and higher use of MRI is also a reason why the number of ACL injuries seems higher now vs decades ago.

I guess I should say more, as I think Field turf is just part of it.  Sports science has evolved so much recently.  Another problem with the rise in ligament damage is the advanced strength and conditioning football players use.  Muscles are now stronger than ever, but ligaments are still the same strength as before.  They aren't getting stronger with the muscles they support.  Hence, more issues when muscles pull away, ligaments are pulled multiple ways by stronger muscles, or when muscle pairs aren't of equal strength  (lots of triceps torn recently, mostly because high school kids don't work to develop biceps and triceps equally).

Again, just my observations.  I coach part time, but teach middle school full time.  I haven't dug deep into much of the research.

Now that I've seen the injury, it had no bearing in this one.  I was responding to a general question on the first page about the overall rise in these type of injuries.

Hopefully it's just a bad sprain.... Not a big fan eagles fan but they don't deserve to go to the playoffs with Nick Foles as their starting QB...(Again) 

Kind of funny if Foles does end up starting in the playoffs though.

Heart breaks for the kid... hopefully it isn't torn but as a bunch of posters have already said, you can determine these things during the field test.

Hope he comes back even stronger next season; had a blast watching him play this year.

2 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

Sucks, but I think Foles can still lead them. They have a really talented team and should still contend.

Hopefully he can come back strong. Hate to see someone who looks like the future of the league get hurt.

Lead them to where?   Getting to the airport on time?  Absolutely.

Getting them into a week 1 bye - @NYG, @OAK, vs. DAL with DAL likely eliminated.   OK, you've got me on board there.

Going deep in the playoffs?   Man, you lost me there.

8 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Didn’t Rivers once play on a torn ACL or is that just a legend?

He did...but also played like hot garbage that day.   The clip shows his highlights, but he had several key throws that he couldn't get deep enough because of the knee....huge difference maker.  The halftime show in NY was calling for backup Billy Volek to come in because of the fact the D knew he couldn't throw more than 30-35 yards downfield. 

Archived