Carson Wentz Injury Update Thread (Out for season)

Danger

23 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

does Foles just not bring you guys any hope, or is it more that Wentz just brought you so much?

For me it's the latter. Think Wentz elevated this offense so much. All too often he was asked to convert 3rd and longs, and did at a surprisingly consistent basis. His magical plays that very few, if any, QBs can replicate have been responsible for about a score a game too. 

Even if Foles plays the role of super efficient game manager to a tee, this team just isn't the same. What hurts the most though, is that not only did we lose our offensive core in Carson, but we lost the illusion that we had a great defense. 

Run the ball and play defense. Our chances are slim to none, but if we hold on to home field adavnge, maybe something good happens... 

seeing carson walk off the field with towel over head was tough. Feel terrible for him. 

I remember Erin Andrews talking about how players felt about the West coast trip and staying out West to prep for this game. 

And I vividly remember her describing Carson's answer and that he "couldn't wait to get back home to Philadelphia" (or something along those lines). 

That just feels like a gut punch.

Carson just wanted to get this win and get back to his routine in Philadelphia. The train was just derailed.

19 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

For me it's the latter. Think Wentz elevated this offense so much. All too often he was asked to convert 3rd and longs, and did at a surprisingly consistent basis. His magical plays that very few, if any, QBs can replicate have been responsible for about a score a game too. 

Even if Foles plays the role of super efficient game manager to a tee, this team just isn't the same. What hurts the most though, is that not only did we lose our offensive core in Carson, but we lost the illusion that we had a great defense. 

You keep saying this in every thread. Our defense has had like 2 or 3 bad games this season and the rams offense has been very good this year. Even still, the defense made a game changing play to force a turnover that ultimately won the game. But regardless, our defense has won us many games this season. Wentz has been great this year but it's foolish to think he's done it all himself and gotten no help. Our defense has been every bit as strong if not stronger than our offense this year.

If we can continue to run the ball and foles can make defenses at least respect a deep pass a little, we should be competitive even against playoff teams.

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I'm not sure what's worse. This happening, or all the Cowboys fans mocking the injury on social media. 

And we're the bad fan base?

Social media brings out the worse in everyone. I think you'll find most fan bases of insufferable fans on twitter/facebook

5 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

From what I'm reading, it isn't a sure thing its torn yet right? So there is some hope that its just a sprain?

That is certainly possible. 

But that test is usually extremely reliable when performed by someone who knows what they're doing.

10 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

From what I'm reading, it isn't a sure thing its torn yet right? So there is some hope that its just a sprain?

It is a very, very sure thing. He tore his ACL. They will have an MRI in the morning and sometime tomorrow they will officially announce it. As Roll said, the false positive rate on these tests are extremely low.

Archived